Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Destrado posted:

I feel for the actor playing Pete, who was essentially background comic relief for two seasons and gets "Okay bud, so we need you to do a one-on-one with Jamie Lee Curtis that we're going to hang the emotional core of the finale on, you cool?"
If I were the actor playing Pete, I would be very happy with that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The best looking food they've had is syd's low acid short ribs from S1. Imo.

GateOfD posted:

Carmy definitely has a lot of issues, mental illness seems to run in the family. At least it seems like he doesn't do drugs or overdrink. Getting many Bojack Horseman vibes where he just can't allow himself to be happy. I feel like at the end, even though he's a 'world-tier chef' and his connections that helped Richie and Marcus grow showed that the people there viewed him with great respect, I think he might walk away from cooking. Maybe get into art. Probably won't make good money, but at least get some inner peace.
Something about the show that I don't really see discussed is how Mikey has basically forced Carmy into running this place. Like by killing himself and giving the restaurant over to Carmy, Carmy's takeaway is that he has to fix the Bear or Mikey's life amounted to nothing. To me it feels really explicit but idk if I'm being crazy here.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's supposed to be a gift, I didnt mean to imply that Mikey was being malicious. But I think it's in effect a curse.