Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oddium posted:

thank you everyone. here's a pikmin 1 thing i did too uhhhhh a year ago maybe when i was playing through pikmin 1 again

the dolphin is made out of old junk like batteries and two microwave soup bowls and pen caps and stuff. for pikmin 3 i will make. a bunch of fruit glued together i guess
man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

oddium posted:

thank you everyone. here's a pikmin 1 thing i did too uhhhhh a year ago maybe when i was playing through pikmin 1 again

the dolphin is made out of old junk like batteries and two microwave soup bowls and pen caps and stuff. for pikmin 3 i will make. a bunch of fruit glued together i guess

These are sick

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

oddium posted:

Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

this. anyway i don't think nintendo is going to bring bulbmin back so i made one out of clay

awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man. gently caress pikmin 4. i should dedicate all my usual gaming time to learning clay design

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

youi two and wormskull can form and imp zone crafting guild.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

think this game is unlocking in like two hours. i hope

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lets-a loving go

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the game is weirdly talky and slow to start but once they shut up and let you go in the drat holes its good. some of the decisions around capping pikmin seem weird tho

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

the game is weirdly talky and slow to start but once they shut up and let you go in the drat holes its good. some of the decisions around capping pikmin seem weird tho

I was getting very annoyed with the demo and the constant “okay you can move for 5 seconds before we stop you to explain something again” but once you are free to go it’s lovely. Wish they just let you figure it out as you went along but eh.

Picking this up today for the kids so I doubt I’ll get to play much but I will probably be the rock thrower for co-op.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i didn't really notice all that when i played the demo and this time i was looking out for it. i guess there's a lot of em. you can skip almost all of them instantly. maybe i'm just a more patient gamer,, or basic enough to clap and squeal at all their tiny mechanical reveals

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This game is cool

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hell yeah. i haven't played it a huge amount yet, i'm on day 7 or so. i wonder if the guy who is obviously olimar and has olimars dog is olimar

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i have 100%ed the first three areas and hell, i'll 100% the fourth one too

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/pikmin_facts/status/1682933709182255104

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i just unlocked night expeditions. but now i'm going to bed irl. how ironic..

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

once the game gets going it’s so good. I love how the music changes subtly for minor boss enemies.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should have called it pikmin 2-2. the sequel to pikmin 2. and it owns

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

don't forget to bind Swap or whatever to a button to max dandori

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

being able to dismiss all the pikmin but whatever type you have ready is very nice. also calling all idle ones back to you.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
:siren: dont read the tips for the area 4 night missions as they spoil smoky progg's return. Holy poo poo is that thing still terrifying and will just WRECK you.

Also this game has the best beady long leg variant I don't see how they can top it

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*very thoughtfully* scrummy bone

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the guy who wrote all the treasure entries has something going on with regards to the relationship between parent and child

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

looking at an onion or something called the Veil of Generations: the parent layer gives its all to protect the child layer until it is peeled away. will the child cry ??

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

looking at an onion or something called the Veil of Generations: the parent layer gives its all to protect the child layer until it is peeled away. will the child cry ??

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

oddium posted:

i like how when you eventually unlock (post-credits) olimar's treasure descriptions a bunch of them start out with something along the lines of "well i don't know what that guy's going on about, but"

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

oddium posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

i like how when you eventually unlock (post-credits) olimar's treasure descriptions a bunch of them start out with something along the lines of "well i don't know what that guy's going on about, but"

lol. Pikmin 2 did this also with Louie's descriptions of the best way to cook all of the wildlife

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to play this game once I finish putting 200 hours into Mh3, 400 hours into Zelda and 250 hours into Morrowind.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oddium posted:

Lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the post credits poo poo is sick. love how the regular dumbass's creature notes are all like this ball of fangs and flesh might just charm your socks off! and olimar has 5 paragraphs of anatomical analysis

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

b_d posted:

the post credits poo poo is sick. love how the regular dumbass's creature notes are all like this ball of fangs and flesh might just charm your socks off! and olimar has 5 paragraphs of anatomical analysis

The Sage Leaf trials are kicking my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

post credits nintendo: now that metroid prime is remastered you'd love to see pikmin 1 remastered wouldn't you. i bet it'd go something like. something like ah ha this :p