Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Boomers

You Are A Elf posted:

I still write my grocery list down on a scratch pad and take it with me to the store to cross off each item one by one as I get them. It just feels right to me.

I use an app to create a meal plan and generate a list of needed groceries. Then I place an online order for the store near work. Whole thing from “oh I need to eat next week” to “food is in my car” takes maybe 10 minutes when before writing poo poo down and walking through the isles like a chump took me a good hour plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Grocery pickup rules

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Whichever Android app lets you lets you anchor the largest number of checklist widgets on your home screen. Just checklists all the way down.

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I use a 6-ring A5 binder and blank grid sheets to make my own. The format constantly changes according to what's going on at the time so I don't like the pre-printed ones. I use a weekly calendar with a to-do list, and have a separate section for monthly/weekly meal planning. It helps keep me from forgetting to do stuff but more importantly from scheduling too much to do at once. Max 3-5 important things per day. If you make some of those thing easy to complete it's just as rewarding to check it off the list. All those nagging "I need to do this" can get written down and forgotten until it's scheduled time.

I don't like electronic calendars/planners because nobody needs to be all up in my business. Plus it's fun to use fancy pens, stickers, and washi tape.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I keep a blank art journal with me anytime I'm doing planned labour

Being able to vomit out ideas, then refine them and make sure everything dovetails nicely is so handy and it takes like 4 pages and 20 minutes

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Jestery posted:

I keep a blank art journal with me anytime I'm doing planned labour

Being able to vomit out ideas, then refine them and make sure everything dovetails nicely is so handy and it takes like 4 pages and 20 minutes

Yeah, but do you doodle in it though?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Sometimes I do mudmaps of where all my errands are and dead reckon beat routes

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Jestery posted:

Sometimes I do mudmaps of where all my errands are and dead reckon beat routes

I don't know what that means, but it sounds awesome. Or something out of RDR2.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

GundamHealer posted:

I remember there was like a dude who was motivational speaker or something and his whole thing was being organized and he had a large line of day planners or some dumb thing

I think this was wrapped up in the Franklin planners and was Mormon adjacent? I might be imagining that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Never plan anything, like me, just do things and gain a reputation of being the messy bitch who lives life one day at a time and is never on time for anything. Once you get to that stage you can pretty much do whatever you want and even your job will be like "Oh they'll probably be like an hour late but the work will get done, whatever"

People will hate you but you get glorious Life Freedom Points and that's the important part

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I think this was wrapped up in the Franklin planners and was Mormon adjacent? I might be imagining that.

Yeah I looked it and the guy is Stephen Covey and the company is Franklin-Covey. What a loving grift. Earn a poo poo ton of money, go around telling people it’s because you used a day planner. Then sell those people day planners. When using a day planner doesn’t make them rich, tell them it’s a moral failing on their part.

The numbers of times I was given this guy’s poo poo and told to “just get organized” (I’m bi polar and adhd) and that it would somehow fix me was frankly pretty insulting

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The best laid plans of mice and men.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Cubone posted:

I use a HOBONICHI as both a planner and journal

With all the rave reviews it gets, I'm afraid that once I start using a Hobo-Gachi I won't be able quit him, them, it.