Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Internetjack posted:

There was a small bar in the living room of my family's home years ago. Came with the house and amazingly this was in Utah.

Mom taught me how to mix a gin and tonic. She preferred a slice of orange on the lip. Now she could ask her ten year old to mix her a drink. Mom wasn't a lush or alcoholic at all but a couple times a week she'd ask me to mix her a drink.

I sampled it once, just a tiny sip, and found it so foul it kept me off hard liquor for the rest of my life.

Beer on the other hand is a different story.

Lot to unpack here. I'm not judging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

redshirt posted:

Lot to unpack here. I'm not judging.

written by buster bluth

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tried gin once. Tasted like my tongue was being stabbed with pine needles.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
I wonder if Vilod is still making that mead with Juniper Berries mixed in.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
op is correct

however a gin and tonic with a splash of grapefruit juice is the best gin and tonic possible, and as I can no longer drink grapefruit juice I am pretty sad about this fact

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Just lol if you're not unwinding after a hard day at the stock market with a scotch and soda.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

gin is fantastic and I genuinely don't understand how anyone could prefer vodka to it

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather my scents unscented and alcohol un-flavorful.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Bula Vinaka posted:

Gin is juniper flavored liquor.

So basically, Christmas tree flavored liquor.

I don’t taste it but I do have a drink that I like that I call “A Christmas Tree”: 2oz Gin (Tanqueray preferred), shake with ice and a sprig of Rosemary, pour and add ice and tonic/soda

Good stuff imo if you like pine, look a cool rear end dude

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The bitters is at what I had from a bartentnder who thought I could tip well. It was deliciouslisous and I am not good at math and coupouns.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
whiskey > gin > antifreeze > everything else

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Gin tastes like vodka that someone dunked a car air freshener into like a teabag

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
No gin sucks, it's terrible, it's for 19th century british sailors who like the taste of pine tar.

See, this is what you should be telling people, so that gin does not become popular and people keep thinking it is bad. Because look what happened to bourbon! Even loving evan williams on the bottom shelf is over $20 and anything aged more than 6 months is stupid expensive now. Gin is still cheap, let's keep it that way.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
"nah man you just haven't had good gin. Lemme hook you up with a fancy gin+tonic"

it still smells like pine sol and tastes like a chemical spill (but carbonated)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I only drink gin when in the colonies on some imperial duty.