Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Samovar posted:

Bebop is by far the least irritating anime I've ever seen, to the point that I could actually finish it, despite all the things in it that were irritating (and there were many (and they weren't all Edward, either)).

The weird white-haired katana dude as the main antagonist was a bit much. Oh no, he's got a sword. A regular loving sword. It's not even mono-edged or vibrating or anything, he goddamn ordered it from a catalogue or something.

But, all in all, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Vinland Saga is a real good non-anime anime, though it makes you think it's gonna be tropey as hell to start.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The internet tells me that I'm supposed to read between the lines, and that it strongly suggests that Vicious uses that 'Red eye' stuff from the first episode, which would make him fast enough to dodge bullets (maybe) and makes the sword make sense. But, IMO, that's not ever really shown.Still think it should've just ended with Spike shooting him instead of letting him run up.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Quick everybody hide the anime. Hello Captain Sarcastic this thread is for discussing model trains nothing to see here.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I will suffer this thread to exist since I think it was somewhat logically spun off of the latest epic meltdown, but my recollection is as unclear as my propensity to firm punishment is fickle.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I will suffer this thread to exist since I think it was somewhat logically spun off of the latest epic meltdown, but my recollection is as unclear as my propensity to firm punishment is fickle.

What scale of model train is your favorite? I like Z scale more trains in the same amount of space! CHOO CHOOO!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 3, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

thin blue whine posted:

i've never seen outlaw star can you give me two sentence summary. exactly. no more, no less.

there's fish ladies with their titties hangin out. that's about it

cowboy bebop is cool but the last time i watched it, it felt like the whole vicious-spike-julia thing was stuffed and shoehorned into a much better show about bums in space and their stupid adventures with dogs and hippies

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

vicious would be better if he was called Bastard Man

SayHelloToParsley
Jan 14, 2018

Space Dandy is really great and would recommend. The art changing each episode gradually was a cool touch.

I tried to re-watch Outlaw Star a couple years ago. The quote "losing my space cherry" was enough to make me say nope to finishing it.

Cowboy Bebop still rocks and the world needs more Yoko Kanno soundtracks.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

What's you're favorite static grass applicator?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Computer viking posted:

The Cowboy Bebop movie had a short run in one artsy cinema in Oslo while I was in the army there, so I ended up seeing it in a daytime showing with something like ten other people. That's about the edge of my comfort zone for anime in public - I can't think of any other anime movie based on a series I'd admit to paying for a ticket to.

My old roommate got a bunch of us to go see the Dragonball Brolly movie in theaters a couple years back. Legit one of my favorite movie going experiences ever. The movie was just a two hour fight scene for a theater of 30-40 somethings to scream their heads off like they were 12 years old on Saturday morning again.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Chrs posted:

Cowboy Bebop (The Netflix one)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

Anyway Outlaw Star has a gun that shoots magic bullets and they go to the hot springs planet to get them and we get to see Aisha Clan Clan naked. Yep. Cowboy Bebop has a corgi.

And the corgi is always naked, point here goes to bebop

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Goku

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Thanks for the monologue Sideshow Bob

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Outlaw Star is a harem anime where women boob boobily through space. It has an onsen episode. It is anime trash. Now, I'm a big fan of anime trash, but let's at least be honest here.

Outlaw Star has a spin-off show, and the main selling point is the size of the tits of the teenage main character's tits:
https://youtu.be/DpdO0fM5jCc

Meanwhile, Cowboy Bebop is considered one of the greatest anime of the last 30 years. Yoko Kanno wrote the music. C'mon OP. They're not even in the same league of quality.

These two shows just happened to air in Japan in 1998, but Outlaw Star aired 4 months before CB so people insisted CB was a 'rip-off' and people have been having this fight for 25 years.

They were literally in production at the same time, it would have been impossible. One is based off an already established manga (Outlaw Star) and one's an original story (Cowboy Bebop).

The only things these two shows actually have in common are they're in space and they aired in 1998 and yet here we are again

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 3, 2023

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Just insert that meme of Dr Manhattan experiencing the same thing over and over again.

It's 1998 and people are arguing about if Outlaw Star is better than Cowboy Bebop

It's 2003 and people are arguing about if Outlaw Star is better than Cowboy Bebop

It's 2015 and...

It's 2023 and...

And the worst part is, every Outlaw Star fan who rolls out with the whole smug 'actually my space anime from adult swim is better than the OTHER space anime I saw on adult swim' thing thinks it's a unique and like, niche POV that shows their refined tastes, liking the 'lesser known' anime, instead of the oldest bullshit take in the anime world

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop take place in the same universe and that’s why people wanna know which is more good

Carol and Tuesday and Trigun are also in that universe

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

And the corgi is always naked, point here goes to bebop

I already thought of that but I didn't want people to think I wanted to gently caress dogs but I guess that isn't a problem for you is it dogluster69? Besides fur is clothing. I have spoken and so it's true.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

:hmmyes:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lt. Cock posted:

Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop take place in the same universe and that’s why people wanna know which is more good

Carol and Tuesday and Trigun are also in that universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGoDtqI34nM

So if we're just saying whatever. Air Gear wins. Superior music, better anime, just better. Also uses a crow to censor the naughty bits at least in one of the versions.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 3, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Duck and Cover posted:

I already thought of that but I didn't want people to think I wanted to gently caress dogs but I guess that isn't a problem for you is it dogluster69? Besides fur is clothing. I have spoken and so it's true.

you're already watching anime, you have no moral aptitude remaining

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Fur20 posted:

you're already watching anime, you have no moral aptitude remaining

depends on how you define morality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ahaa2kBDA8

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bebop Cola

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Both

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I haven't seen Cowboy Bebop but I have listened to the various soundtracks because it's good blues/jazz.

I liked Trigun and Cowboy Bebop in on my to watch list, which for anime is really short, because of how much anime is filled with creepy pedos, panty shots, incest, etc. Really wish more anime was just good stories.

I've attempted to watch so many anime people tell me to watch, but five minutes in there's sexualising of kids and poo poo. And like, no thanks.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Duck and Cover posted:

but I certainly don't remember it I don't remeber if I finished or got bored. I think I watched it fairly recently too like past 10 years maybe? I don't remember

its an arguement on which political system is best. monarchy or democracy and the answer is yes. other then that its boy wonder vs boy wonder in a game of war over a tiny bridge connecting two different galaxies they should just blow up the bridge they hate each other so much.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Attack on Titan was loving terrible. My ex made me watch it and it was just the worst.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Attack on Titan was loving terrible. My ex made me watch it and it was just the worst.

There was like a two episode span when it looked like it was going to be incredible. Everyone had PTSD, the main character sucked at fighting because it turns out just being really angry doesn't give you skills, and then he straight up dies.

Then he comes back with magic powers, and it's back to anime town.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AND I THINK TO MYSELF. PLEASE INSERT EXACT CHANGE.

love that Mingus Dew, tho

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

Thanks for the monologue Sideshow Bob

:mad:

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Anybody remember Cobra?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i remember Broly

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fur20 posted:

there's fish ladies with their titties hangin out. that's about it

cowboy bebop is cool but the last time i watched it, it felt like the whole vicious-spike-julia thing was stuffed and shoehorned into a much better show about bums in space and their stupid adventures with dogs and hippies

The thing that's good about that story is that it's only in like five episodes of the whole show. It's one character's side story that they sometimes blunder into while facing the actual main villain of the show (poverty).

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Vampire Panties posted:

I am a very vocal Non Anime person, and I'd be first in line for an Akira IMAX showing

Oh absolutely, Akira was the reason I was specific about "based on a series". Though given that it's based on the manga, does that make it a comic book movie? :ohdear:

Lt. Cock posted:

My old roommate got a bunch of us to go see the Dragonball Brolly movie in theaters a couple years back. Legit one of my favorite movie going experiences ever. The movie was just a two hour fight scene for a theater of 30-40 somethings to scream their heads off like they were 12 years old on Saturday morning again.

Dragonball never aired anywhere near me, so I have no nostalgia for it - but that does sound fun, fair enough. Maybe we could make an exception for anything that was widely broadcast on TV?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
The original Cowboy Bebop anime is good (except for Ed, gently caress Ed). The Netflix Cowboy Bebop adaptation was pretty good too, and I'm kinda pissed off that weebs killed it because it wasn't Exactly Just Like The Anime because I'd have liked to have seen another season of it.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

ed's funny

mushroom samba is one of the best episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007
drat i don't post for like 5 years and i come back to some truly abysmal opinions. Bebop obviously; find god.