Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Like what's the actual goddamn point of commiserating with people over poo poo when you're admitting there's nothing productive to be done about it? So what if poo poo's awful? poo poo's always been awful! I loving despair constantly over the plight of queer people in the world, and living paycheck to paycheck, and how misogyny is mankind's greatest failure, but I still know it ain't worth it to adopt the incel rear end "lie down and rot" mentality over the environment or capitalism. I take pride and joy in trying to be a good and helpful person to nice people despite all that poo poo. And so what if the loving world rots to nothing? We'll probably be survived by a thousand species of cockroaches who can evolve over the next billion years into a race of sentient badass space bugs whose mating habits would make the most depraved monsterfuckers blush. If you wanna be sad all the time, you can go become an ascetic for all I care, that would be a much better way of detaching yourself from the destruction of the planet than whining about it on a 10 dollar dead end of the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
People like feeling mad and indignant, and want others to know it. For an example see the OP.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

🏝 this is me on my desert island, anyone who quotes this post joins me on my desert island!!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
get a load of this loving guy has feelings about things

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Good for you OP

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
You don't belong on the internet, OP. Please leave.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

🏝 this is me on my desert island, anyone who quotes this post joins me on my desert island!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You’re on a site where like 60% of the people are 35 year olds who live with their parents and are off their meds dude

What did you expect

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Your letting your preconceptions sully the beauty of rime OP. he was doing something productive about it, he built windmills but the windmills wouldn't actually do anything, because they're not connected to any policy or system that orients itself at the solving of the root of the problem. So he had to live out in the canadian wilds to help build these big af windmills, doing work far more respectable than the majority of piece of crap computer goons but they were without any true overarching purpose. A reverse Don Quixote.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
me, on the otherhand, i just like to see vids of sick iceberg explosions. that poo poo rules

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I would simply play the 2023 doom wad "myhouse.Pk3" instead

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
I see this forums brand of 'hardened millenials' is still going strong.

Good work OP, you are definately in consideration for promotion.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Something Awful? More like Everything Awful

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

What a great idea, we can talk about all the great things going on in the world and all the good things we have to look forward to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People who legit complain about doomers are way worse than doomers

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Imagine then how we feel about people who complain about people complaining about doomers.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I feel like you might be pedojacketing here

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Gonna gently caress that poo poo dishonestly

e: argh it was a mistake

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

emSparkly posted:

Like what's the actual goddamn point of commiserating with people over poo poo when you're admitting there's nothing productive to be done about it? So what if poo poo's awful? poo poo's always been awful! I loving despair constantly over the plight of queer people in the world, and living paycheck to paycheck, and how misogyny is mankind's greatest failure, but I still know it ain't worth it to adopt the incel rear end "lie down and rot" mentality over the environment or capitalism. I take pride and joy in trying to be a good and helpful person to nice people despite all that poo poo. And so what if the loving world rots to nothing? We'll probably be survived by a thousand species of cockroaches who can evolve over the next billion years into a race of sentient badass space bugs whose mating habits would make the most depraved monsterfuckers blush. If you wanna be sad all the time, you can go become an ascetic for all I care, that would be a much better way of detaching yourself from the destruction of the planet than whining about it on a 10 dollar dead end of the internet.

Wow, ok, that's a weird take. Actually, you should be squirming in the dirt like the worm your depression tells you you are.

You really atill have a lot of growing up to do mate.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
We got no money, we got no jobs, our pets’ heads are falling off!!!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
life's pretty good

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

Ingenium posted:

People like feeling mad and indignant, and want others to know it. For an example see the OP.

Or your average Reddit thread

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
By god you're right! From this day onward I will get extremely drunk every single day not out of existential dread and a sense of impending doom, but happiness!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

emSparkly posted:

Have you considered the fact that you're whining about whiners?

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
I dont want to lay down and die because my back hurts from feeding billionaires my precious time.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But people love complaining about CSPAM

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

whining about whining is the evolution of whining. from there it can either go back to whining or transcend into not whining but you tend not to hear from those people because they've worked out how not to open/respond/notice all the grey noise.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Post on your main, OP.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You fool, look at the size of that thing it's clearly unsustainable wait what have I done nooooooo

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You fool, look at the size of that thing it's clearly unsustainable wait what have I done nooooooo

We didn't learn from Guam :tragedy:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

emSparkly posted:

?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

emSparkly posted:

drat thats crazy

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

emSparkly posted:

OK

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

whoa

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
you got it op, my solution is to drop all social interaction completely

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

im gonna try not to lie down and rot because that would just release all my forever chemicals into the ocean and kill a bunch of cute fish that never tried to hurt anybody for financial gain while the rest of us can't do anything about it because they're in total control of the mechanisms of our governments

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

have you tried prozac

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Personally I think it's cool as poo poo we're living through a mass extinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im playing video games op