Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
The point is girding your loins for what's coming. If it doesn't happen great! If it does you called it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Plan R posted:

The point is girding your loins for what's coming. If it doesn't happen great! If it does you called it.

if it does happen, why does it matter you called it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plan R posted:

whats coming is more epic video games like Pikmin 4 op

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

NoiseAnnoys posted:

if it does happen, why does it matter you called it?

You're asking why? This is America!

"I'm not always right but I'm never wrong."

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Plan R posted:

You're asking why? This is America!

"I'm not always right but I'm never wrong."

i don't live in america anymore, no.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

DickParasite posted:

Personally I think it's cool as poo poo we're living through a mass extinction.

:ssh: This isn't the first time Mankind has totally hosed themselves :ssh:

although its real weird how the dates on these match up

:thunk:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WHO DARES CHALLENGE DOOM?!

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
I didn't know something awful will still popular with college freshmen. Maybe OP should talk to the RA?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i don't live in america anymore, no.

That doesn't mean America lives in you!

Unless you live in Belize.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

"As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken."

I think a lot of current interpersonal conflict and people acting/reacting towards each other in less than positive ways stems from that, reacting in weird ways to that conscious or subconscious knowledge of just how bad things will get in our lifetime.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Plan R posted:

That doesn't mean America lives in you!

Unless you live in Belize.

if i understand the science correctly, that means i need to ask my doctor about my gut health and get some probiotics.

naem
May 29, 2011

are we all dead yet

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ez8 posted:

I didn't know something awful will still popular with college freshmen. Maybe OP should talk to the RA?

Don't forget to leave your dorm room door open so you can make spontaneous new friends without having to leave your 'puter

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

NoiseAnnoys posted:

if i understand the science correctly, that means i need to ask my doctor about my gut health and get some probiotics.

You'd think they'd be a non-extraditionary state but nope!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Man goes to a doctor and says he's depressed. Says he can perceive reality only through negative cognitive distortions. Says he can't feel joy or hope anymore. Doctor says, 'Well, look at the bright side: it could be so much worse, you could be in an online doomcel community!'. Man bursts into tears, says, 'But doctor… I am a CSPAM mod!'

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

aniviron posted:

What a great idea, we can talk about all the great things going on in the world and all the good things we have to look forward to.

I just live Marvel movie to Marvel movie.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

It's funny that the humans who survived the last apocalypse survived because they had practical skills like subsistence farming and hunting whereas the ones who survive this apocalypse will be financial managers and their private security forces and they'll all starve to death like a month after everyone else dies.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

NoiseAnnoys posted:

I'll check your gut for you but you make not like how I go about it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:agreed: with OP also heartily supplemented with rime getting rightfully permabanned

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I was born in the 70s and did my 20s in the 90s. I remember an insane nun forcing us kids to hide under a desk to teach us what to do when Reagan and Konstantin Chernenko* do WW3 with nukes. You don't know doomerism until you've met a catholic loving nun convinced Ronald Reagan is going to bring the end time *any day now*.

I was dead inside long before this cursed website.

* I think it was chernenkov, I was about 9-10. Definately not Gorbachev

duck monster fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 1, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Both times there were so few humans left that there was definitely some inbreeding going on and that’s why we’re all dumb as poo poo now.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You should, like, find spirituality OP :smugdog:

Existence is a cycle of suffering and you can accept that and strive towards nirvana

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
i love my dead gay earth

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
hey op log off for a while

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Disco Pope posted:

I just live Marvel movie to Marvel movie.

Nature is bountiful.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
:siren::siren:EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GET BETTER FOR EVERYONE STARTING NOW:siren::siren:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

:siren::siren:EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GET BETTER FOR EVERYONE STARTING NOW:siren::siren:

I’m actually feeling pretty optimistic these days

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Rime lol

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The crooked timber of humanity got me again! I keep falling for it

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I don’t doom I coom

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
There's an Alan Wake sequel coming so that will fill the hole in my soul this time!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I reached my hand into the Drumstick box and I pulled out a vanilla caramel. Clearly everything is fine.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
but it do be like that.

Everything is converging on poo poo times ahead, & we can't play something else.

On the individual level absolutely nothing can be done at this point.

Enlightened acceptance I think is a healthy and sanity preserving mental posture, but it is not easy to get there. And you can't get there through coercion or proselytizing. Many people just fall into pits of grief, despair and anger along the way, and that's after the denial and bargaining. Sour doomers moaning WASF aren't very helpful to anyone, but neither is hopium or pinning our salvation on techno messiahs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Despite what you see on the Internet, the average person is steadily becoming more progressive and enlightened every day. Governments can't keep being regressive in the face of that indefinitely. Sure there's a small chance that in their stubbornness they will set off something resembling a civil war but it's unlikely. More likely than that they'll just slow down the inevitable progress, which WILL happen. It's gonna be all good

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Everything is converging on poo poo times ahead, & we can't play something else.
have you considered Monster Hunter Rise

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

DickParasite posted:

Personally I think it's cool as poo poo we're living through a mass extinction.

The key to staying happy is to frame present day as cool scenes in your favorite fictional dystopias. Like casual games of make believe when you were little, except not being little, and yes you could really die. ( :krad: )

So when you think about the oceans dying. That makes you like Charleston Heston in Soylent Green except you have a freezer full of beef, fish, strawberry jam, and whiskey so you're doing pretty loving good.

When there's a violent gun death within walking distance of your home. You're a hardened cynic who doesn't even care and there's loose cables in your basement... not because you're lazy. But because you live in a neon cyberpunk world where life is cheap and all that matters is how many buttcoins and loyalty rewards points you got on hand. This frame of mind has been a godsend spicing up my life of IT-droneship for various megaconglomerates. I'm a loving corpo! I got all your secrets and I could gently caress up your billing any time I damned well please so WATCH OUT unless you wanna become an un-person!

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 1, 2023

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lol: imaging if you had kids, like what earth are they even going yo inherit?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Yes! You know what it is, don’t you boy? Shall I tell you? It’s the least I can do. Steel isn’t strong, boy, flesh is stronger! Look around you. There, on the rocks; a beautiful girl. Come to me, my child…
(coaxes girl to jump to her death)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!