Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i dont know if anyone has said it but i will say it "go touch grass op"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Endorph posted:

im playing video games op

I haven't played a video game since July 2021, maybe I should do that too

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

frumpykvetchbot posted:

but it do be like that.

Everything is converging on poo poo times ahead, & we can't play something else.

On the individual level absolutely nothing can be done at this point.

Enlightened acceptance I think is a healthy and sanity preserving mental posture, but it is not easy to get there. And you can't get there through coercion or proselytizing. Many people just fall into pits of grief, despair and anger along the way, and that's after the denial and bargaining. Sour doomers moaning WASF aren't very helpful to anyone, but neither is hopium or pinning our salvation on techno messiahs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

My life rules OP.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Holy poo poo it’s the kid that pisses on the ford logo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Holy poo poo it’s the kid that pisses on the ford logo

:mods:

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

DickParasite posted:

the ones who survive this apocalypse will be financial managers and their private security forces and they'll all starve to death like a month after everyone else dies.

It's amusing to imagine the sort of world where their cache of MREs, ferro-rods, and gold coins comes in handy and their war hardened security detail still calls them boss.

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I would simply play the 2023 doom wad "myhouse.Pk3" instead

This kinda got lost but absolutely do this, holy poo poo it is a nice house

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Outpost22 posted:

:lol: imaging if you had kids, like what earth are they even going yo inherit?
an earth with pikmin 6, probably

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Internet Old One posted:

It's amusing to imagine the sort of world where their cache of MREs, ferro-rods, and gold coins comes in handy and their war hardened security detail still calls them boss.

:hmmyes: Especially because literally all of them are in it for the money. How would they intend to keep paying someone in the apocalypse? The timed cafeteria thing from Passengers?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I believe in Ron Simmons and Butch Reed, op.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

🏝 this is me on my desert island, anyone who quotes this post joins me on my desert island!!

I’m gonna hope it’s not, like, an island of creepers, but I ain’t got any other options right now…

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: Especially because literally all of them are in it for the money. How would they intend to keep paying someone in the apocalypse? The timed cafeteria thing from Passengers?

see the thing about our Weird Future is that, at a certain level of tech, you don't need people to protect you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

emSparkly posted:

Like what's the actual goddamn point of commiserating with people over poo poo when you're admitting there's nothing productive to be done about it? So what if poo poo's awful? poo poo's always been awful! I loving despair constantly over the plight of queer people in the world, and living paycheck to paycheck, and how misogyny is mankind's greatest failure, but I still know it ain't worth it to adopt the incel rear end "lie down and rot" mentality over the environment or capitalism. I take pride and joy in trying to be a good and helpful person to nice people despite all that poo poo. And so what if the loving world rots to nothing? We'll probably be survived by a thousand species of cockroaches who can evolve over the next billion years into a race of sentient badass space bugs whose mating habits would make the most depraved monsterfuckers blush. If you wanna be sad all the time, you can go become an ascetic for all I care, that would be a much better way of detaching yourself from the destruction of the planet than whining about it on a 10 dollar dead end of the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

🏝 this is me on my desert island, anyone who quotes this post joins me on my desert island!!

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Vampire Panties posted:

I read somewhere that a lot of them plan on somehow using the security guys families as collateral. They all live comfortable or some poo poo and you kill them if they act up. But I really think this sort of thinking underestimates how hard people can scheme in these situations and shows a naive understanding of the way people can think under that sort of stress. If your guy gets sprayed with someone insides one day he might not have the sort of emotional reactions you'll expect from a person for awhile. You could have the whole place hooked up to a dead mans switch and he might even consider that a perk of killing you.

I especially liked spez's take on things. He doesn't radiate strength in the way his security guys would respect and the second he hurt one of their kids it would be like the cultural revolution in their rich guy bunker.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
There's a reason frosted mini-wheats suck now and it isn't the economy!!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

let's not get all hyperbolic and act like, i dunno, nazism is on the rise or anything insane. I mean, last I checked, america still has the greatest health care system in the history of the world.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

and while the genre gets a bit repetitive and same-y, there's something undeniably cathartic about smoking a bowl and listening to electric wizard at high volume.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

NoiseAnnoys posted:

and while the genre gets a bit repetitive and same-y, there's something undeniably cathartic about smoking a bowl and listening to electric wizard at high volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc&t=546s

from the Dune thread

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hell yeah.

"hi, we're sleep and this is our last song of the evening. it's called 'dopesmoker'"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

hell yeah.

"hi, we're sleep and this is our last song of the evening. it's called 'dopesmoker'"

I saw them play the whole thing in 3 parts when they first started touring with Roeder and it kicked rear end

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don't worry, fusion power is only 30 years away.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

I saw them play the whole thing in 3 parts when they first started touring with Roeder and it kicked rear end

was he using the matamps then?

if i'm going to be honest, it's sleep > om > high on fire for me as far as their assorted projects go.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

if you think now is bad, what do you think of the rest of all human history

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

was he using the matamps then?

if i'm going to be honest, it's sleep > om > high on fire for me as far as their assorted projects go.

god I can't remember, I was so loving high

I'm probably Sleep > Om > HoF as well as far as live shows, especially because Al lives here so we always get special poo poo these days. 4/20 last year he brought out that double bass for the first time with Sleep, and in October Om closed with a new song, it was killer.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Vulcans will show up and fix everything any year now, it's cool yall.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Vulcans will show up and fix everything any year now, it's cool yall.

i'm holding out for a Culture intervention.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

roomtone posted:

if you think now is bad, what do you think of the rest of all human history

also bad. is this a dick measuring contest?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Buce posted:

i'm holding out for a Culture intervention.

They don't tho, its in the books!!

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Elmo killed Twitter so there's some light at the end of the tunnel!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The difference between now and the rest of history is like the difference between a school child getting their rear end kicked in school one day and an old man being told they have inoperable cancer.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Here's a Racoon being given a donut.

https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1664243442099146753

"Hey, I'll pay for his order."

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

redshirt posted:

Don't worry, fusion power is only 30 years away.

It's not that we couldn't have had fusion power, it's that we didn't care enough to have it. Would have been expensive in the short term, even if the long-term winds up being more expensive for a lot of reasons.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Its ok we got clean coal

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Uh if we spent all that money on fusion, we wouldn't have had enough money to buy all the oil we needed. Checkmate libailures

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I would simply play the 2023 doom wad "myhouse.Pk3" instead

yah video games are like really good now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you still got room? i'm clean shaven and ready to roll

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Get a hobby, do something productive with your time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I agree with the sentiment but I don't think you're giving a solution