Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

shouldn't forums users who want a fake cheerful posting environment just post in BYOB? or am i misunderstanding the purpose of that forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Fansy posted:

I agree with the sentiment but I don't think you're giving a solution

Live mas.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Get a hobby, do something productive with your time!

Something Awful: What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i keep telling damocles to just ignore that loving sword hanging by a single horse hair, it's nbd

enjoy yourself dude, quit worrying

Counted
Apr 28, 2023
I don't know how to react to all the things likely to turn the next few decades into a shitshow, but I do know that the r/collapse subreddit is a good example of how NOT to be about it

I don't know if any of you have been on there before, but finding them during the last debt ceiling fight was a trip, like they thought global economic collapse was a month away and downvoted anyone saying it'd be fixed

Anyone going all in on their predictions would have spikes they glued to their car Mad Max style and have gone deep inside a silo, before emerging months later to do a supply raid: "Wait, the global economic collapse didn't happen last month? poo poo."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
its been a real good steam sale but they used to be even better, yknow?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Gravid Topiary posted:

shouldn't forums users who want a fake cheerful posting environment just post in BYOB? or am i misunderstanding the purpose of that forum

yes

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

its been a real good steam sale but they used to be even better, yknow?

these prices aren't sustainable, if nothing is done we are on a road to ruin

naem
May 29, 2011

I wanted to find this ancient tablet that proves people have always thought the world was about to end but instead I found this other even better tablet

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Khonsu is the coolest

Counted
Apr 28, 2023

naem posted:

I wanted to find this ancient tablet that proves people have always thought the world was about to end but instead I found this other even better tablet

Just googling "ancient graffiti" is also sometimes cool like this and provides hours of entertainment, it's not all dicks like the Pompeii one a lot of people just wrote their work drama on a wall like they were posting in a local FB group

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Extra Large Marge posted:

Khonsu is the coolest

Do you think khonsu is going to invite me to the prom

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Call Your Grandma posted:

im gonna try not to lie down and rot because that would just release all my forever chemicals into the ocean and kill a bunch of cute fish that never tried to hurt anybody for financial gain while the rest of us can't do anything about it because they're in total control of the mechanisms of our governments

in warhammer 40k when people lie down they get thrown into mulcher machines before they can rot and turned into a food source called Corpse Starch, or if they are lucky some algae and maybe some bugs or fungus gets thrown in with them and they're made into Soylens Viridians instead which is a fancier version of Corpse Starch.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Gravid Topiary posted:

byob is a forum for posting jokes and engaging with joke threads in good faith by being funny instead of by telling other people they're not funny.

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

deep dish peat moss posted:

byob is a forum for posting jokes and engaging with joke threads in good faith by being funny instead of by telling other people they're not funny.

ah, so its an anamoly on here then.

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.
anyway misery loves company OP, thats why posters are Like That.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

3 A.M. Radio posted:

You don't belong on the internet, OP. Please leave.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

🏝 this is me on my desert island, anyone who quotes this post joins me on my desert island!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Extra Large Marge posted:

Khonsu is the coolest

He'll bring you back to life but he won't cure your multiple personality disorder.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Car Hater posted:

The "purpose" of communication is social signaling as to one's status in and relation to the group

Ideas are used as means to construct a feeling of security within an insecure world

Hooting at the disaster ensures that other apes will see the disaster and hoot and point with you, and it feels good to hoot and point as a group

Hoot

Point

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Me and Khonsu drinking beer and living our best life.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The birth of Khonsumption

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Get a hobby, do something productive with your time!

But I thought we weren't allowed to complain about C-SPAM?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The world is dying, nothing matters, so I'm gonna play video games, eat some good food and spend time with people I care about.

To the eternal nothing we shall go in flames, and whether in life or death I shall poo poo myself in joy.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Sincerely,

Op, I agree with your righteous sentiment.

The replies to the OP suck and prove his self-evident point, these "ironic" unfunny takes are proof that GBS's posters can't create fun and joy.

To you who's reading this right now with a snarky reply; keep going the way you are, poo poo on everything, don't change, enjoy that depression state you're invariably sinking and dragging others into.

I'm shocked at how SA posters became so unfunny on average. Everyone above should be ashamed at what they're sharing and creating, especially the posters that will invariably quote posts like mine to gatekeep these attitudes that are the equivalent of mental excrement.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

hey op log off for a while

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

where are all of these doomer posts infesting GBS, anyway? i've seen it a bit when poking around the politics forums, but not much of it here. there are a couple of threads for loling at how loving dumb the state of the world is, but it rarely gets to the point of wallowing in misery

the whole premise of this thread reminds me of the poster in the reddit thread a week or so ago who kramered in with complaints about how every post in their reddit feed was about femboys, just wall to wall femboy memes everywhere they looked

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bad Purchase posted:

where are all of these doomer posts infesting GBS, anyway? i've seen it a bit when poking around the politics forums, but not much of it here. there are a couple of threads for loling at how loving dumb the state of the world is, but it rarely gets to the point of wallowing in misery

the whole premise of this thread reminds me of the poster in the reddit thread a week or so ago who kramered in with complaints about how every post in their reddit feed was about femboys, just wall to wall femboy memes everywhere they looked

I just assumed it was a parting shot at the now-deceased Rime. :rip:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the op is gonna pull their mask off and reveal they were wizard master the whole time, and boy will my face be red

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm the posting voice of the OP, sorry everyone

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Glad it worked out or sorry that happened to you I'm not going to read all that

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

emSparkly posted:

Like what's the actual goddamn point of commiserating with people over poo poo when you're admitting there's nothing productive to be done about it? So what if poo poo's awful? poo poo's always been awful! I loving despair constantly over the plight of queer people in the world, and living paycheck to paycheck, and how misogyny is mankind's greatest failure, but I still know it ain't worth it to adopt the incel rear end "lie down and rot" mentality over the environment or capitalism. I take pride and joy in trying to be a good and helpful person to nice people despite all that poo poo. And so what if the loving world rots to nothing? We'll probably be survived by a thousand species of cockroaches who can evolve over the next billion years into a race of sentient badass space bugs whose mating habits would make the most depraved monsterfuckers blush. If you wanna be sad all the time, you can go become an ascetic for all I care, that would be a much better way of detaching yourself from the destruction of the planet than whining about it on a 10 dollar dead end of the internet.

idk man I just like 'avin a laugh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Odddzy posted:

Sincerely,

The replies to the OP suck and prove his self-evident point, these "ironic" unfunny takes are proof that GBS's posters can't create fun and joy.

To you who's reading this right now with a snarky reply; keep going the way you are, poo poo on everything, don't change, enjoy that depression state you're invariably sinking and dragging others into.

I'm shocked at how SA posters became so unfunny on average. Everyone above should be ashamed at what they're sharing and creating, especially the posters that will invariably quote posts like mine to gatekeep these attitudes that are the equivalent of mental excrement.

drat op i had a great day!

until i read your post lmao

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Some things will get more expensive and cost more
Other things will get more efficient and cost less
A lot of people will get hosed up
A lot of people will get on just fine

kooshkaboose
May 18, 2023

by Pragmatica
i listented to nin for 20 years and look forwards to the bombs falling now sorry op.

take it up with mtv.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Everybody was Khonsu drinking

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
The world is not dying, unless during civilizational collapse due to climate change we all nuke each other. Which unfortunately is very possible.

Without that though, humanity will survive, but people will die. Just how many people will die depends on how badly the earth warms up and if it happens faster than he can come up with ways to adapt to the effects of the hotter climate.

Ignoring or denying the problem is really stupid, but all these people going “Oh nooo, the earth is dying (it’s not) there’s no point to anything, don’t have children, we’re all doomed” aren’t accomplishing anything other than to make people miserable and anxious. Especially young people (15-25), who are miserable and anxious enough already.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hope they invent a way to make gaybies so i can abort mine :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

Odddzy posted:

Sincerely,

You might feel better if you were on the desert island