Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ThinkTank posted:

He also got drunk and drove into the wall: Tim Horton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
James Reimer to the Wings, one year at 1.5

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

NHL radio

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

Uh, when I was thinking about the Wings' offseason, "sign homophobes who also happened to be loving terrible at hockey" wasn't what I had in mind, Stevie.

Could be worse! Thomas Greiss is a Nazi!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fawning deference posted:

Jason Zucker to AZ

1 yr $5.3m

Lots of veterans taking 1 year deals because they know teams are cap-strapped

Bertuzzi, you dumbass

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

grack posted:

Wings signed JT Compher, 5x5.1M

That seems high

Great signing

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Christian Fischer to Detroit?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1675481989024022529

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Dirty Burger posted:

drat every insider was saying Bertuzzi was looking for term. 1x$5.5 is pretty great

He turned down two years and more money from the Wings for this!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mind_Taker posted:

It makes sense if he can pot 25+ goals and then cash in next year as a UFA.

Last year, despite being positioned as a featured player, he broke his hand, returned, then immediately broke his other hand.

Is he going to get that same spotlight with Toronto's roster?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

eXXon posted:

Bertuzzi is a turd but now he's our turd. Delightful.

And Ryan Reaves! Gotta get tough!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Quinn Hughes was available at the time, as we all remember.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ThinkTank posted:

It's weird that the Wings have picked in the top ten for the past 7 years and have not selected a single skilled centre. The only two centres they've taken have been Rasmussen in 2017 and Danielson this year. Neither of them will ever be anything more than a checking centre.

Marco Kasper, last year's first round pick, is a center.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

clean ayers act posted:

the most charitable take is yzerman is trying to turn them into a seattle like team, able to roll 4 lines that can score with none that really stand out. and then also be incredible defensively.

but really, i'm at a loss. last off season he seemed to signal it was time to compete for a playoff spot. and then it came down to a weekend back to back with ottawa before the TDL, in which he basically said the results of that back to back would determine if they bought or sold. they got annihilated, and they sold.

Then, at the draft, he basically says its still the middle of the rebuild- but then he goes and has the off season he did. I have no idea anymore

Right now, Yzerman is trying to publicly say everything possible to make it look like he is not buying, when he is actually trying to buy. He's not going to set playoff expectations in public, because Ottawa and/or Toronto are currently being dealt with for a potential star.

If the Wings are in the kind of position where a playoff spot is likely, the Wings are probably going in on chasing that spot. Unfortunately, given those Ottawa games and the developmental nature of the Wings' roster, that did not happen.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Misanthrope posted:

I only want Cherry back so someone can ask his opinion on LGTBQ in sports and I can watch his head/heart explode on air.

Also it'd be great if Ron Maclean took a long walk off a short pier.

Cherry said that Andrew Shaw was in the wrong when that incident happened, from what I remember.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
WE ARE BACK

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Already was happy about DeBrincat, now extremely happy about the fleecing

A lower first-round pick and Donovan Sebrango

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1678201403708256259

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

surf rock posted:

goddamn I loving love Steve Yzerman

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/seiderlarkin/status/1678210397004787713

The Red Wings have more cap space remaining than we spent today.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/BallySportsDET/status/1678204209382998016

:)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

Hey the Wings got a guy, neat. Does this mean they might stop sucking now?

octopus tossing comes soon

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/KatieJStrang/status/1679606053325922307

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

stab posted:

Good bye Petry, your wife sure is wired differently

What happened

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

soggybagel posted:

The Minnesota Vikings do this and I remember one time a few years ago a player got hurt and he was hobbling/being carried through this area to the locker room and it just felt so degrading for the player.

That happened to their franchise player, Adrian Peterson, during the very first game at the new stadium. On national television.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2016/09/18/adrian-petersons-injury-revealed-a-big-design-flaw-in-the-vikings-new-stadium/90668620/

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Eric the Mauve posted:

Tonight's trivia, no cheating, which coach with a minimum of 3 modern seasons' worth of games (so, >245 games) has the highest career points% in history?

Dave Lewis?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1703495344523227303

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

clean ayers act posted:

scotty made a similar comment to holmstrom way back when

but somehow most of the players from those days either seem to like scotty now or at least dont actively hate him.

Because Scotty turned Holmstrom into a four-time Cup champion, instead of bullying him back to Sweden over multiple seasons.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ThinkTank posted:

Mike Cammalleri cashed out and the business immediately failed. Guy is a genius.

Michigan Man

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Thinking about the Detroit Red Wings right now.

Excited for hockey to start.

Considering a trip to Montreal to end the season.

All Is Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Huggybear posted:

sports drinks are so overdone. I was a distance runner for years and nothing beats sweet iced tea because it does everything sports drinks do but it also has caffeine, a known and proven PED (flat coke is nauseating). The second ingredient in everything is sugar, big surprise

And question, obviously Pettersson not getting the C is because he hasn't re-signed. What are the odds that the fixes to the PK and a proper backup get the Canucks into the playoffs?

e: Allvin - "Regarding Tyler Myers, we have no intention of moving him"

so not good

The best sweet ice tea is Gold Peak raspberry. Blueberry went away during the pandemic, and lemon is only available in Canada. Also, the Canadian version is less sweet/sugary than the American version.