Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
I guess Edmunson traded to the Caps? Just going off the Athletic live updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Duclair got dumped on the sharks for a 5th and a Steven Lorentz. I thought he was getting talked up, like the main piece for Hanifin or something.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey now, Carolina totally showed Montreal with that offer sheet for Kotkaniemi.

Imagine getting a first and a third for a third line center who can’t stick and then turning those picks around immediately into a worse player who is just taking up roster space at this point. The Bergevin experience!

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

I always found that trade so bizarre. There was no talk of them keeping the picks. No discussion of any other player. Nothing approaching a negotiation. It was just "we will immediately trade both picks for Christian Dvorak." What a process that was.

At the time it wasn’t a bad idea to trade them, they just went to the cup final so the team was a “contender” and it was a high first in a weak draft. But it was such a snap reaction that it was clear it was just because Bergevin was pissed and wanted to make a statement.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

Carolina. Buffalo. That's about it. Pittsburgh just sighed and overpaid Jarry, Toronto doesn't have the cap space unless they make a major move (*cough*Nylander*cough*)

Sucks for Winnipeg and Boston to have Gibson hit the market as a cheaper alternative to Hellebuyck and Ullmark. At this point there are fewer teams with cap space shopping for a #1 goalie than there are #1 goalies in the shop window.

Gibson has 4 years left though and has been bad for the last 2 years. With Helle and Ullmark you are getting probably the best shot at the top goaltending in the league. With Gibson you might be trading for basically Matt Murray with 4 years left instead of 1.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1678751617447866368?s=46

That’s fine I guess? I am not anticipating him working out as well as Dach did though.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

We did our homework before making the trade, also it's Chicago's fault we didn't do any homework at all before making the trade

It rules how much of a poo poo show Ottawa personnel are even now that Melnyk is gone. Doiron keeps pumping out the dumbest excuses, their AHL coach was sharing secrets with another NHL team, their recently fired AGM was allegedly banned from parts of the Canadian Tire Centre. Just amazing.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Bye bye to the least hateable bruin. And probably the only current player who could make the case for having a player trophy renamed.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Here the Montreal half

https://twitter.com/canadiensmtl/status/1688213428941336576?s=46

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

MononcQc posted:

Petry's wife is gonna be super mad

There’s no way he accepted this unless he’s getting rerouted somewhere else. Makes the Matheson trade very funny though.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
A very depressing trade for the reigning Norris winner for San Jose, but I guess they didn’t have much of a choice.

I kinda like this for Montreal, they got back a whole bunch of meh, the second is ok, but thank gently caress they got Hoffman gone and pitlick is maybe a third-fourth liner which they have a million of. Petry probably shoulda updated his no trade though lol

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

stab posted:

Lol the habs have 4 waiver eligible goalies

Bold strategy Cotton

Monty is the only one worth keeping really. Primeau sucks and Allen makes a lot for a backup. Desmith is 1 year for cheap for an ok backup. Maybe a team with a real young goalie (Buffalo?)takes a flier on Allen at 50%.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

neoaxd posted:

Detroit people, how's Lindstrom?
From what I can gather he seems like nothing but depth, or AHL top 4. Either way I'm fine with this.

Sounds like he’s not much. I was hoping for a little better esp at 50%, but I guess we are free from Hoffmans reign of terror.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

This sucks. Especially all the reporters saying he did his time, he’s a changed man, without any indication that he’s really done anything. And he’s going to be good enough that most of the heat Bergevin got for drafting him is going to dissipate in the media.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Comments say those guys have always had their accounts private, and one of them is the wrong guy.

I think the only ones that recently privated from the team were Brett Howden and Carter Hart.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fuckin' :laffo: if Jarmo's attempt at a hail mary winds up him fumbling the ball with nobody around him and it being scoop 'n scored for 6, Jesus.

At least there are other veteran coaches who might be out there if it comes to it. What's Bruce up to? Gerard Gallant? Joel Quenneville is not invited.

HIRE THERRIEN

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Ahaha. Who the panic coach gonna be?

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Another oft injured bottom 6 forward to throw on the pile. 3rd is better than I thought we’d get for DeSmith though.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Paul Byron officially retired. He was cool when he wasn’t broken. Although I think that’s the first time I’ve seen “Being claimed on waivers changed my life” in a retirement announcement.

AntiDepressor fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 20, 2023

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's kind of bizarre. Like, yeah, he's getting older and probably doesn't have many more years in him. But he's arguably the face of their franchise, the best Lightning player ever, and he had 84 points in 81 games last year - it's not like he's dead weight. Yes they have cap trouble, yes he's probably not going to be paid $8.5 mil a year anymore, but I feel like he's the kind of franchise icon you pay to keep around.

It also seems like a year or two early for the lightning to really consider a re-tool? Unless they consider Stamkos this year and Hedman next year as deadline trade chips.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Are the games played a projection also? Because that’s super optimistic for injury prone guys - I.E Monahan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

Speaking of Dogshit garbage:

By Those metrics Deslauriers is single handedly keeping them out of the playoffs lol