Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oilers signed Connor Brown

No idea on details but I'm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Drake Caggiula is back baby

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wheeler to Rangers

What then hell???

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1675179226922643457

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Like he's not great but for 800k lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Quick to rangers as well for 825k

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Korpisalo 5 years $20m with the Sens.

Lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

Connor Brown in Edmonton $4m x 1

It's only $775k cap hit because $3.25m is performance bonuses that will only add to the cap next year after it goes up, pretty smart.

Do they have any draft picks left to give? I'm sure arizona will take a 4th to help them make the cap floor.

That works. Oilers probably done. Have 5.5ish to sign McLeod and Bouchard to bridges and have some leftover to make deadline moves which is new.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Look when you can sign friends of Connor (Caggiula, Brown), you fuckin do it

Expecting a Zack Kassian deal!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Duchene must be a collosal piece of poo poo this makes no sense

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

supposedly Blueger and Ian Cole to the Canucks on one year deals which is... surprisingly reserved?

Is Ian Cole the sexual assaulter that the nhl tweeted about

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's the one who cheated on his wife with the cute, redheaded, engaged ice level reporter in Carolina if that's who you're thinking.

No he got suspended for like a game by Tampa and the NHL did an investigation by sending tweets then considered it closed.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lol wonder if that kills the Tony Deal

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That Soucy deal is pretty good. I don't like it

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gotta get to the floor!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Paccioretty 1x2 with the caps is a good one

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The last time a team replaced Taylor Hall with Milan Lucic it did not go well. Ask me how i know!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1675614671678627848

Uhhh how???

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

From the outside the Leafs are better than last year. Bertuzzi is very good and Domi can slide up and down the lineup which they haven't seemed to have wingers able to do. Plus Knies for the full year to do the same.

Leafs problem always seemed to be a bottom six full of plugs who would always be plugs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

They very much carried a philosophy that the top 6 could carry offence in any situation so the important thing was to have the bottom 6 be zero event players. It makes sense, really, especially if you think of the front office's strategic endgame was a team that could grind its way to victory against any defence.

I definitely understand the previous philosophy but that's also seemed to be the primary reason they flame out every postseason. You end up making the opposing coaches job a lot easier when they only have to worry about half the roster.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

One particular feature of that, which I found myself thinking a lot about, is that it makes a lot more sense if you think of them as trying to set up a system above and beyond the current roster altogether. Hockey longtermism.

But you can do that with players that can play up and down the lineup.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

The Sabres really, really should be playing Levi in the AHL this year and probably next year too. They get nothing out of moving him straight to the NHL. The prevailing wisdom is you need about 2500-3000 saves at the pro level before you have a clear understanding of a guy's talent. It's best to get that in the minors where the talent is lower and the pressure is less. Gibson is probably signed a couple years too long, but he's pretty close to exactly what they should be looking for as a team that wants to contend for the playoffs while simultaneously developing their blue chip goalie prospect. Sorta like Demko under Markstrom.

I'm trying and failing to think of any successful NHL goaltenders that have jumped straight to the NHL from NCAA without spending significant time in the AHL/ECHL (like 100 games or so).

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

I just looked it up and every single goal to win 30 or more games this year played at least one full season as a starter in the AHL aside from Ilya Sorokin who joined the NHL at 25 having been the primary goalie for CSKA Moscow for the previous 5 seasons. Shesterkin and Vasilevsky only played half seasons as starters before getting called up, but again both had been KHL starters for several years prior to moving to the NHL. It would be effectively unprecedented in recent times to name a goalie starter straight out of college.

The only guy i can think of that basically went junior/ncaa to nhl without playing much in the AHL is Price.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So you have to be a hall of famer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Seems like the Tarasenko signing happens once Debrincat is traded.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/AHBSeaborn/status/1677031644929171461

Don Cherry back???

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

I only want Cherry back so someone can ask his opinion on LGTBQ in sports and I can watch his head/heart explode on air.

Also it'd be great if Ron Maclean took a long walk off a short pier.

At some point 20 years ago someone from my hometown tried to pick a fight with Ron Maclean at a charity auction that is held yearly. I used to think the other guy was the rear end in a top hat, but really he was just ahead of his time.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1677059167335374856

So uhhh who's trading for Byfield?

Also are the Kings really gonna start Copley/Talbot/Rittich next year???

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bad goaltending has never hurt teams trying to compete. Ask me how i know.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Guess no-one has to worry about Copley/Talbot/Rittich giving anyone the same

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Didn't Crosby leave his hometown to go play in Minnesota cause he was bullied and harrassed constantly as a kid?

Pretty sure that sort of trauma leads you to being a bit insular.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1677818820512325632

Lmao same old Canucks!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

It's incredible that they also made Ian Cole responsible for the statement or at least attributed it to him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

For real, save that poo poo for when he grooms another teenager

Just testing some PR strategies

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

eXXon posted:

Wow Brad must really love hockey (or hate pizza) if he stuck around for 7 seasons in the ECHL.

When your dad is worth God money you can live the good life no matter what you're doing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya that's about as good as Ottawa was going to do unless they held him til the deadline and then maybe...

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Tampa had 98 points last year and lost more depth. Not sure they're a lock.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

T-Bone posted:

Curious as to what the Devils are sitting on their 5.6m cap space for. Goalie trade? Tatar? Tatar if no goalie trade? Something fun like Tarasenko?

I really hope the Devils didn't just reup McLeod with the intent of just suspending him if he's implicated. That would be particularly gross.

4 dudes likely to be suspended were not qualified.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

stab posted:

If its anything like the montreal days its the white powder

Criminal conviction and he can't get a work visa

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So did this happen before July 1 and he was only just arrested/charged? Cause the Coyotes statement made it seem like it happened before his signing, not after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Unless I'm missing something in the story,, it says he was arrested that day doesn't say the incident happened that day plus it was a hit and run.