Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
I'm glad treliving finally got his guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

mennoknight posted:

this is boring

LAK just signed Trevor Lewis... UFA frenzy

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Hamonic is such a weird dude, better lock up that locker room presence for a couple of years.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I only want Cherry back so someone can ask his opinion on LGTBQ in sports and I can watch his head/heart explode on air.

Also it'd be great if Ron Maclean took a long walk off a short pier.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I've been hurt before by promises of a big trade

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

The team's web developer is not the first person to know about trades.

It's Ottawa, the web dev might be wearing multiple hats .. like maybe analytics.. and AGM.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Place your bets.

Racism?
Domestic violence?
Homophobia?
Criminal?

:munch:

Human Trafficking

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I'll end your bloodline :laugh:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Zodijackylite posted:

Stars like Taylor Hall who can't spell "banana" or failed a ten-question multiple-choice boating safety exam three times.

An open book multiple-choice safety exam... I don't know how Taylor gets dressed by himself in the morning.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Do you know what Lucic's $500K performance bonus is based on? I'm assuming games played but I can't find it... I'll be interested to see how many games he gets in as a Bruin, in Calgary he should have played less than half the season but Sutter.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

eXXon posted:

No, the arbitrator does some very complicated math and usually comes up with the average +/- a few percent.

Yup, Terry really should have asked for $15m per year

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

They can try and bury it as best as possible but if the report implicates a player on a Canadian team it's going to blow up regardless.

I guess that leaves Batherson and/or Formenton in Ottawa or Dube in Calgary.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"I've wanted to just focus on the season and focus on this summer, to have a good summer of training"

That quote seems vaguely familiar.. like I've heard something similar previously but I can't quite place it.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I get it's a common player refrain for hard-balling negotiations but normally they add a "I hope we can get it done" or something

also "my wife and I love the city" and then they move to I don't know, ohio or something

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

This isn't my human trafficking gun, this is just my regular driving gun.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Chad Sexington posted:

I honestly don't remember what the ads were before the gambling ads. For the Caps like... Ledo Pizza? That car dealership that sounds like a racial slur?

The ads annoy me more because hockey is a poo poo sport to gamble on game to game to begin with and I don't like being reminded it's an option.

I got a lot of boston pizza ads, which while their food isn't good, it's probably not going to potentially ruin my life

Having Gretzky shill for some online gambling ads on my TV sure is something :stare:

Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 29, 2023

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I watched Bill Peters "tearful" press conference the other day... had a real "sorry I lost my job being a loving racist" vibe to it.

I'm sure he'll be back in the NHL within a few years.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

fermun posted:

More than Cale Makar, teams and players are really expecting a massive salary cap increase over the next 8 years. Which isnt wrong, but dang that makes the contract look silly compared to some of the existing long term ones

Makar was underpaid as soon as he signed that contract.. actually hell just looking at it on capfriendly, he got a million dollars in signing bonus, the other 53 million is all base... fire your agent Makar.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I didn't think they needed to develop best practices for covering up sexual abuse but here we are.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

It wasn't even the worst regression from a 115 point season... sigh

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Honestly if I had to choose, I'm more worried about the latter years of Kadri's contract than I am about Huberdeau's extension.

I mean he's over paid because Treliving couldn't lose a 3rd 100 point winger in an offseason, but his decline was almost entirely because of the farmer behind the bench last year.. the farmer whose extension just kicked in and is making $8 million over the next 2 years to not coach the Calgary Flames.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

the okanagan in general is awesome... explain yourself and your wrong opinion thinktank.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

they missed the playoffs by two points when their starting goalie dropped his save percentage by 30 points... they'll be fine this year.

they'll be absolutely dog poo poo in a few years

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

meh, "fine" = continued mediocrity... I'm not waving pom-poms over here, it's the pacific and their goaltending was complete shite last year.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/user/status/1702362562593972327

https://twitter.com/user/status/1702363353153163479

At the very least, Babcock is probably really annoyed and that's good.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

I couldn't help but laugh at:

invite them to lunch
flip through their phone
kick them out... without lunch

power move Babs, you complete loving psycho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001