Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

gently caress you Brad you stupid piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

TSN panel about Bunting getting over 5 per year. Seems dodgy but, well, good for him.

It's clearly a bad idea but he'll probably draw more penalties and get suspended less often on any other team.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Treliving needs to sign an actual hockey player

Pontus Holmberg can play every position on the third line, at once.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

Marc Methot with a nice reminder that most ex-players who get talking head jobs don’t know poo poo

https://twitter.com/marcmethot3/status/1675172395315781632?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

He's right. With Simmonds and Clifford in the lineup Marner was an absolute wrecking ball. Imagine how much tougher he'll be with twice as much cap space blown on facepunchers.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Korpisalo is a reasonable gamble for a cheap backup, like say $1.5M X 2y.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

Orlov to Carolina

E: 2x7.75

Good lord that's a cap hit. At least it's A) just two years and B) not DeAngelo.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Brad

Brad please

How long do you want Kerfoot back for?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bunting supposedly going to Carolina for 4.5M, which seems regrettable if it's longer than 2 years.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I guess that means they're not resigning Teravainen next season but I have some bad news about how useful Bunting is(n't) in a third line role.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

fawning deference posted:

So I guess Twitter is fully busted and there's no news

Here you go.

I can't be that enthused to report on 2x$2M for Vlad Namestnikov in WPG, sorry.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Giving Wood Jeff Finger money, eh?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Noel Acciari is a good fourth liner and absolutely not 3C material.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lmao Islanders. Varlamov 4 years, Mayfield 7, Engvall 7 what the gently caress.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'd rather have this than whatever Klingberg is likely to get.

Gustafsson makes braindead plays and sucks in his own end but has puck skills at least.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Klingberg had good possession metrics in the playoffs (and 75% o-zone starts). I choose to ignore every other aspect of his performance in the last two seasons.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Klingberg is 4.15 x 1 year, which is bad, but at least it will be over soon.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

You're betting on a bit of a bounceback but this seems more or less fine, doesn't it? His possession numbers with Minnesota were more or less in line with what he'd done in Dallas.

e: I have traumatic memories of Barrie as much as anyone but if that's the downside then that's the downside.

Hockeyref says he had 44.8/47.4 CF/FF% with MIN in the regular season and 50/50 zone starts. Only his playoff numbers were actually good.

More to the point, I would have rather had a depth LHD to play with Timmins and push Giordano to #7. Or a top 9 forward to fill in the, uh, 2-4 openings available depending on how Knies/Robertson/Lafferty/random Marlies look in camp.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

You mean $6M because Muzzin is perma LTIR.

He is presumably also eventually going to dump Miurray's useless rear end (thanks Kyle).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yes Erik Karlsson makes perfect sense for the team that just signed Klingberg. Maybe he can replace Nylander as RW2.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bertuzzi is a turd but now he's our turd. Delightful.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I mean they lost Bunting and have zero LW and shithead depth so Bertuzzi and Domi are fairly obvious additions.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Apparently it's 3M for Domi. I hope Brad can dump Murray in a parking lot somewhere because he seems unlikely to go to Robidas Island quietly, assuming that he's actually "healthy" enough to play by September.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

pseudodragon posted:

Capwise, if they get rid of Murray's hit completely and counting Muzz as perma-dead, that gives them 2.25ish for Samsonov/replacement as the only thing left left to fill with 13F/7D counting. Running a short roster again probably gets them into the 3 range.

I'm a little concerned that this leaves Kampf/Holmberg as 3/4C and that suuucks. Jarnkrok and Nylander can hypothetically play C but aren't great at it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Zadina has consistently put up 1.2 5v5 pts/60 in his career. It's possible he's just not very good. I guess he did manage decent possession metrics on a bad team so he could be an expensive 4th liner/mediocre 3rd liner for an even worse team?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good news for Justin Holl jersey owners everywhere.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

NickTheHabsFan has spoken, and this random 6th round pick is going to turn the Devils into a dynasty:

https://twitter.com/nickthehabsfan/status/1675918700233502726

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Three second lines is a better plan than three third lines, anyway.

(yes Aho and Svechnikov are better than that, Necas kind of stunk in the playoffs and Kotkaniemi is meh)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/1676229381478391810

Bad choice. The smile looks at least half-natural. I'm not convinced he could destroy a fragile ego in seconds even if he wanted to. Plus his name is irritatingly familiar.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If he doesn't want it, I'll take $4 million to live in Grand Rapids for two years. Hell, I'll settle for half of that.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Capt. Michael Amadio ftw.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

On the one hand the hitter (apparently Nolan Dillingham) is a complete nobody who set career highs of 14 points in 45 games last season... in the OHL, in his draft+2 year. I get a guy searching for any kind of pro contract wanting to make a statement. But yeah if Hirvonen is getting blindsided by that level of player then he's going to have trouble in the AHL.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Wow Brad must really love hockey (or hate pizza) if he stuck around for 7 seasons in the ECHL.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

taco show posted:

Y’all playing this puckdoku game? Finally a use for my esoteric hockey knowledge

https://www.puckdoku.com

I... don't understand. Are you supposed to pick obscure answers or not?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

taco show posted:

It’s better to be obscure but just fill out what you know.

Ok, well let me tell you all about famous Maple Leaf x Avalanche Jeff Finger and x Cap Ken Klee. Unfortunately, I cannot interest myself as much in obscure Senators.

In the future I might just guess Mike Sillinger for every team x team choice.

Also gently caress famous Dallas Star Brett Hull and Washington Capital Jaromir Jagr for failing to score 40.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Weber should have counted for Flyers/Predators.

Well, for the Habs/Preds, Yannick does

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Well then I should have gotten credit for remembering Maple Leaf legend Martin Skoula yesterday.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Can't wait to start my NHL Guardians NFT collection.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

grack posted:

I'm wondering if he refused to report to the AHL since he's on a two-way deal.

But why? They probably play in a nicer arena.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

jeez the anti-cop stuff is fine but why'd he gotta get racial and familiacidal with it smh

Seriously, he lost all the goodwill he built up offering to perform unlicensed and unnecessary major surgeries.

Anyway I just came here to ask what the gently caress this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6JdAIKZwU&t=45s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Who among us has not threatened to harvest a child's organs?

I have to admit that I don't have the latest Rimworld DLC.