Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Where’s levitate to tell me again how unfair it is to have a income tax advantage and how every player wants to play in Florida/Texas/Tennessee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Lmao. Killorn got 4x6.25 in Anaheim. Do they know he’s 34?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
If I were an NHL gm I would absolutely save a roster spot for a medium guy that blows up the Toronto maple leafs in the offseason

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I usually don’t like to threaten officers because, you know, it’s a psychopath with a gun.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Furnaceface posted:

Isnt Boucher a notorious rear end in a top hat like Babcock?

tampa famously fired him on the plane because he was unwilling to adjust his coaching strategies, but i think the players liked him. he went around the entire organization upon termination and said goodbye to everyone in the sales/admin offices and IT department, etc.

but that was 10 years ago so he couldve learned to be insufferable since then.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
This is the worst offseason

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I couldn’t be happy with only two cups myself; but I will fight to the death for your right to be happy with two cups (lol)

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

ThinkTank posted:

The Ducks just gave 34 year old Alex Killorn and his career high 64pts 4 x $6.25m so they can hit the cap floor. I think it's probably fine for Terry to want in on that action.

harvard grads historically are paid well

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I liked nichushkin better when he couldn’t score

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Lmao. He’s so bad. Love lightning first round picks getting shots with the devils. We should just give you all of our first round picks up front.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

T-Bone posted:

The Devils have a much longer history of signing someone's brother than signing Lightning busts to two way deals

oh yeah, i think it's cool that the devils are doing this, my post was mostly a veiled laugh at the lightning's inability to draft in the first round for any talent whatsoever.

it's not that drafting in the first round is wrong, its that hope that a first round pick will pan out will lead to suffering; so you choose not to draft in the first round to reduce your suffering.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I agree with mindtaker that it’s great that the caps were stopped and only won a single cup with perhaps the greatest generational talent since Gretzky.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
sound the rex klaxon. the rexxon

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

r/exxon

an exxon mod post? mods?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Doesn't give them a ton of space next offseason (unless the cap really goes up) but they've only got Stamkos to re-sign so... I guess whatever.

No NMC or anything so they can always dump him to Chicago or whatever the next expansion team ends up being if he shits it up

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1693981697862185456

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

ThinkTank posted:

Don't sign wingers to big deals.

i like kucherov

ThinkTank posted:

Stamkos is gonna take a sweetheart deal to stay in Tampa anyways. Probably 3x$4m or something.

they offered killorn 8 years, so you know daddy stammer gonna get an 8 year term as well, but hopefully at a more palatable $7/8m per, which will be LTIR'd when he develops a raging case of a non-treatable skin condition (i.e. hossaitis)

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 22, 2023

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Lol. Lmfao. So much Hagel's contract efficiency.

Anyways list of players signed to between 6 and 7 million from RFA status, in no particular order: Troy Terry, Matthew Boldy, William Nylander, Brock Boeser, Sam Reinhart, Anthony Cirelli, Mark Scheifele, Jake Guentzel, and Nikolaj Ehlers. Nylander leads the pack with 87 points and Cirelli is bottom with 29...in a shortened season, but still worst on the list at .5 point per game vs Nylander's 1.07

Fortunately for everyone I don't have time right now to pile through rate metrics and blah blah blah. Point being those are the current comparable contracts and even after his career year Hagel doesn't stack up particularly well.

nylander, who signed his contract in 2018, is a comparable? lolllll

(ehlers in 2017 is even more laughable)

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 22, 2023

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The cap has gone up by an entire 4 million since 2018.

cap is important, but not to the players. its the time value of money, and comparable contracts that have been signed since.

DeBrincat just signed for 8+ milly with twice the nhl experience. seems like it's FMV.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

They were signed as RFAs to comparable AAV and, as pointed out, the cap has barely changed in that time period. Debrincat gets 8 million plus because he's been north of 50 points every year, but one. A feat Hagel barely managed with a career high of 18:40 in ice time. Still barely 2 points per 60 5v5 and a pedestrian 4 points per 60 on the man advantage. At 5s Debrincat production dropped at in Ottawa to 1.5 point per 60 with the range being 1.9 to 2.4 in years prior. On the powerplay Debrincat produces a full point and a half more with 5.5 pt/60. Which is why Debrincat has a low of 2.5 pt/60 in his career over all situations with peaks of 3.1 vs Hagel who has produced 2.5 pt/60 once as his best season ever.

But I, for one, am glad that Tampa have finally started signing their economical contracts to overpays instead of letting New York and Calgary make that mistake for them.

finally we agree. debrincat is better, 1.375 million better

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Pretty much every player I listed that ended up with a similar contract in similar prior circumstance of being RFA has significantly better numbers than Hagel...except a busted up Boeser (who still has slightly better numbers) and Cirelli. But I'm sure this time rewarding a player immediately after a career year will work out.

i mean, you've been right about him so far

sorry for the sarcasm

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I don’t understand. At no point did I say either of those things. The Sabres have been garbage for almost the entire time the Pegulas have owned the franchise. They had some of the lowest attendance numbers in the league the past few years (excluding COVID year obviously). Seems unlikely that the Sabres are making PSE much of a profit. The Bills are, though, which would offset any losses from the Sabres and then some. Net positive gains.

The Bills organization, owned by the Pegulas, is contractually obligated to pay for any costs of building the new Bills stadium beyond what the state/county pays. It would be literally impossible for them to sell the team before the stadium was finished.

Pegulas bought the team for $189 milly in 2011, and it’s estimated they’re worth $610 million dollarydoos today. So, it’s gone up in value $421 million in 12 years. I think they’re ok with that.

But the real return on investment is the fans that feel bad for them financially along the way.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
make intentional offsides a minor penalty, imo

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Guys I got all these *waves hands* sexual assaults and harassments, what do I do!????

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Jhet posted:

"Can't we just tell Rocky and have him deal with it? Where's he buried?"

Guess I’ll just have to call in the people that handled the same issues in the most inappropriate + callous manner possible for some answers.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I don’t want to defend mcmagic so,

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
one must imagine babcock happy

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Wow. Cancel culture strikes again. What’s wrong with a 60 year old guy that wants to look through the photo history of 20 year olds? If you don’t have anything to hide what are you afraid of? Slippery slope. Next thing you know you won’t even be able to throw a guys tracksuit in the shower. Saaawwwfffftttttt

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1702278005698007146?s=20

Turn left serge! Nooooooooooooooo!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

Send the entire Tampa Bay Lightning and also wonderllama to the frontlines imo

I mean yeah, sounds good. We want to win don’t we?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Duckman2008 posted:

"we wrap the sticks and sign them, they're auctioned off, and the proceeds go to those in need, and it doesn't necessarily go to LGBTQ or BLM - they've stolen a lot of money there, it just goes to help."

Jesus Christ.

I’ve read that same sentence like 10 times and cannot parse the actual intent. Who stole it? It’s inscrutable. Is it as bad as the cursory read? Or is he saying that the LGBTQ and BLM don’t get it all and it’s stolen from them?

Hi. I'm your favorite professional hockey player. You might remember me from unnecessary reactionary humiliations such as

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Lehtonen is right up there with grant Balfour (baseball) with great names in sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Best shape of his life