Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

just lol that the french cops think they're going to stop french rioters by being even more fascist

french rioters have more experience than the cops do

I would introduce a bill to Congress to arm the French Resistance against the facists.

:911::hf::france:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Jfc the wording in that "press release" is, uh, strong and frankly loving loony. It's like something you'd read in some chuds's Facebook rant. Now I don't know whether it's just some wacko's "press release" but if it isn't and that's actually some official police thing then hoo nelly there's no :stare: big enough

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
le diplomatique communique de la Stormfront

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's what people mean by all

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Ce nais une communique derangé, comment appelles-tu cela, the Aristocrats?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Preceded by Snap Crackle and Pop

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CommieGIR posted:

Preceded by Snap Crackle and Pop

iced richies

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WTYP christened him Stockton "The Crush" Rush, can't really figure out which I like better

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

The French of all people should realize that 1930s Germany is not a how-to manual.

There is a quote to the effect if you went back to the twenty’s and told that a major European nation was running modern pogroms on Jews, everybody would assume you were referring to France.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

vuk83 posted:

There is a quote to the effect if you went back to the twenty’s and told that a major European nation was running modern pogroms on Jews, everybody would assume you were referring to France.

There would have been a pretty long list of nations that would have been brought up before Germany, to include England.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Germany had a large Jewish population to begin with because they were one of the least lovely countries for Jews to live in.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Is there a thread somewhere about the riots in France?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
France is just very far western Ukraine

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Is there a thread somewhere about the riots in France?

If you find one, let me/us know.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

France is just very far western Ukraine

Yeah, the two share tendency for low approval of leaders (except in wartime, perhaps), love of protest, and bizarre dual-executive setups in government that don't seem to do much in practice most of the time.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I know we're all burned out on the wreck of the Dipshit Fitzgerald, but more even stupider news keeps coming out.

An engineering disaster so loving stupid it's not worth discussing in engineering school (maybe in business school)

A couple excerpts:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Vietnamese have been denied their Barbenheimer weekend due to a geopolitical dispute. In Barbie.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1675811746257281024?t=9L5dUvaa5vhsrsbB4dwY1A&s=19

quote:

Vietnam has banned commercial screenings of Greta Gerwig’s “Barbie" over a scene that depicts a map with the “nine dash line,” a representation of China’s territorial claims in the South China Sea, which Vietnam says violates its sovereignty.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Wait what how the gently caress does that happen?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FrozenVent posted:

Wait what how the gently caress does that happen?

In the same way Maverick got most of his bomber jacket patches removed, there is a shitload of Chinese cash financing these blockbusters.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
But why the gently caress is Barbie poring over THAT map? :lol:

This movie might be much different than I expected.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Godholio posted:

That’s what I mean, is Barbie planning an amphibious assault in the South China Sea?

I cannot loving wait for this movie.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

FrozenVent posted:

That’s what I mean, is Barbie planning an amphibious assault in the South China Sea?

Holy poo poo. A bunch of bright pink LCVs with glitter explosions all around them. I would see this movie at midnight the day it opened.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Barbie day planner:

- Brunch
- Rollerblading on the boardwalk
- Attend ASEAN conference and argue vehemently in favor of Chinese territorial claims
- Shopping!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I only saw one commercial, but isn't she (Barbie Oppenheimer) inventing nukes in order to cleanse the Earth? Why would she not be poring over a map of SE Asia?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah doing a Barbie / Oppenheimer double feature just got a lot more interesting.

Serious note, I have no real interest in "Barbie" but considering they got Robbie and Gosling for it and they are both almost always in really solid stuff it might be worth a look.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FrozenVent posted:

https://twitter.com/Cinema_Legion/status/1673584076844851200?t=FvL0M5GFTC5K7cYu8CH3fw&s=19

The sheer amount of whiplash people will get in a Barbenheimer double feature is probably going to be unparalleled. But potentially switch the plots with the same characters like that? Now we're fuckin talking, Ken needs to explain the Demon Core to me.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

That Works posted:

Yeah doing a Barbie / Oppenheimer double feature just got a lot more interesting.

Serious note, I have no real interest in "Barbie" but considering they got Robbie and Gosling for it and they are both almost always in really solid stuff it might be worth a look.

Yeah, I don't care about Barbie, but the whole premise is so patently absurd that it might just be good again. I don't remember the title of the Reese Witherspoon movie where she was basically a human Barbie but also a competent lawyer, yet that film wasn't bad. The combination of pink blond girl + genius is just cool somehow.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

I have no expectations but I am confident I will leave the theatre satisfied.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

stealie72 posted:

Holy poo poo. A bunch of bright pink LCVs with glitter explosions all around them. I would see this movie at midnight the day it opened.

Reminds me of Eddie Izzard's bit about the 1st Battalion, Transvestite Brigade, Airborne Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_jmFZe52I8

"Fuckin' hell, look at these guys!...Jesus, they've got guns!"

Torrannor posted:

Yeah, I don't care about Barbie, but the whole premise is so patently absurd that it might just be good again. I don't remember the title of the Reese Witherspoon movie where she was basically a human Barbie but also a competent lawyer, yet that film wasn't bad. The combination of pink blond girl + genius is just cool somehow.

Legally Blonde.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 3, 2023

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The Barbie movie is either going to be a pillar of cinematic brilliance so profound and striking that Orson Welles himself will rise from his grave to give one final standing ovation before returning to eternal slumber or it's going to be absolute garbage that causes Hollywood itself to write off the entire concept of "movies" as a fad that's finally fizzled out. There will be no in-between.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SlowBloke posted:

In the same way Maverick got most of his bomber jacket patches removed, there is a shitload of Chinese cash financing these blockbusters.

That only happened in one trailer. The finished movie had the original patches.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I just watched both trailers and 100% absolutely want to see one of those films and have no desire to see the other

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

maffew buildings posted:

I just watched both trailers and 100% absolutely want to see one of those films and have no desire to see the other

Yeah, Oppenheimer is gonna be some lame pretentious poo poo and Barbie is gonna loving slap

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah, Oppenheimer is gonna be some lame pretentious poo poo and Barbie is gonna loving slap

that's what's up

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Honestly after reading Truman's statement about Oppenheimer, I lost all interest in the movie.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It says a lot that on the eve of my 40th birthday, Hollywood is putting out an Indiana Jones movie and a Barbie movie and I give not a single gently caress about the Indiana Jones movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FrozenVent posted:

It says a lot that on the eve of my 40th birthday, Hollywood is putting out an Indiana Jones movie and a Barbie movie and I give not a single gently caress about the Indiana Jones movie.

I mean one is an octagenarian trying to cash his last checks and the other is a set of good actors having fun with a silly script. I would also pick barbie out of those two.