Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The Derrick Lewis post fight press conference is priceless and I recommend everyone watch it as soon as they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
"Everybody is cool except here for the media, y'all is dickheads, like gently caress all y'all really, I should walk outta here, really" - Derreck Lewis

God drat he's great I don't care if he ever wins a title

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the best thing about the poirier justin match up was when waking up and looking for highlights, the only possibility was a 25 min highlight reel or a 25 secon highlight reel knockout and they of course, delivered.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

also it's the final 72 hours before the August thread, so if you've got title submissions now's the time

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Also everyone's asleep but Patricio Pitbull just got loving slept by Chihiro Suzuki and everything is very, very funny.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

CarlCX posted:

Also everyone's asleep but Patricio Pitbull just got loving slept by Chihiro Suzuki and everything is very, very funny.

lol this reminds me of when Bellator lent their Bantamweight champ Eduardo Dantas to a charity MMA show in Brazil where he got knocked out cold by a then-unknown Tyson Nam

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

lol and lmao

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

CarlCX posted:

also it's the final 72 hours before the August thread, so if you've got title submissions now's the time

I like to eat steak and have sex to make weight

Or basically anything that came out of Derrick Lewis’s mouth

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Some training footage of Lewis' flying knee (this is not a joke setup):
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvUPm1sPwUC/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Derrick Lewis trains in a garage?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Hollandia posted:

Would you be surprised to learn this to be totally accurate?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

He’s got his Ferrari right there. Skip the Motivation for Higher Ballshotification poster and go straight to the real thing.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

just watched the lewis - de lima fight and man I love everything about it. lewis looked in great shape.

miragliotta's grin during the announcement is gold as well

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gamebeast

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

Hollandia posted:

this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

kimbo305 posted:

He’s got his Ferrari right there. Skip the Motivation for Higher Ballshotification poster and go straight to the real thing.
That's why he's now the jacked beast, I guess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hollandia posted:

That's why he's now the jacked beast, I guess.

He got the six pack because he quit drinking root beer this fight camp. His coach told him he would if he did, so he gave it a shot.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

He got the six pack because he quit drinking root beer this fight camp. His coach told him he would if he did, so he gave it a shot.

I don't know if this is true at all but because it's about Derrick Lewis it actually sounds 100% loving believable.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Derrick Lewis is like if Johnny Hendricks was likeable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AndyElusive posted:

I don't know if this is true at all but because it's about Derrick Lewis it actually sounds 100% loving believable.

That was his story from the post fight presser.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

trust me its a lot more true than you'd think.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Yo does anyone have any word about UFC's "The Thrill and the Agony" videos? The most recent one I can find on Fightpass is UFC 282, are more recent ones on ESPN+ or anywhere or have they just stopped producing those?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

If you have some time, put this video on 2x and skip over the ones you know. I learned several new things in the lower tiers, including the clip of Forrest fighting Dan Severn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqUxL7YJxto

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Apparently Derrick Lewis passed out at the UFC PI during his weight cut for the Spivak fight and NSAC didn't know about it

https://twitter.com/mmanews_com/status/1686363161908084737?t=XYs25_yVAU_cSW8mgXemrQ&s=19

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Ventilation in the PI isn't as good as in his garage with the door open. His balls just got too hot.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/marcraimondi/status/1686420025291296797?s=20

Injury due to facial fracture. Which ouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Take Kelvin Gastelum's broken facebones with you onto the August thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038355