Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I love carl and am a dirty little slut for his writeups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i hate it here

https://twitter.com/PhotoAmy33/status/1676982537141497858?t=kCLf2He4W3WNSB8oSAtUdQ&s=19

(in case twitter embeds continue to be poo poo - there will be a powerslap match on the ufc 290 youtube weigh in show tomorrow)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
dana will eventually open pressers with power slap matches

Long after the last contestants dumb enough for power slap have given up he will just spank himself at the podium for five minutes grumbling how if you don’t like it you can watch something else

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's definitely not struggling, bleeding money left and right or desperately trying to trick anyone to tune in

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shumagorath posted:

dana will eventually open pressers with power slap matches

Long after the last contestants dumb enough for power slap have given up he will just spank himself at the podium for five minutes grumbling how if you don’t like it you can watch something else

any journalist who wants to ask a question must first get slapped by one of dana's slappers and the journalist must thank the slapper for the first-hand experience in the world's most exciting new sport

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dana White really wants everyone to play on Slappers Only in the Temple

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

LobsterMobster posted:

i hate it here

(in case twitter embeds continue to be poo poo - there will be a powerslap match on the ufc 290 youtube weigh in show tomorrow)

I think the crowd might be 50/50 on booing it.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Great news for all the power slap fans out there

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

FootballFreak2 posted:

Great news for both the power slap fans out there

It's Dana White and Nick the Tooth. Remember Nick the Tooth?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Sadly, yes. But I think he and Dana aren't pals anymore? I feel like I remember that happening.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I can't believe Nick the Tooth is a real person and not the product of a drug fueled hallucination from 2012

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah he was funny in Snatch, pull ya socks up!!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

One of the most successful MMA media personalities is a guy named The Schmo whose schtick you can instantaneously absorb by looking at a picture of him

he was one of the first journalists they called to cover power slap.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I hope that guy gets hit by a car.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41H2BNgnhks

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

CarlCX posted:

One of the most successful MMA media personalities is a guy named The Schmo whose schtick you can instantaneously absorb by looking at a picture of him

he was one of the first journalists they called to cover power slap.

im not one to assume a person's character based on how they look, but how he looks is 100% a choice made to elicit a reaction of revulsion and violence. it's like he went to law school and just wants people to assault him, because that's how he makes his money

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

TheKingslayer posted:

I hope that guy gets hit by a car.

Lol

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

He's definitely the colby covington of mma journalists

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This is probably the fourth time I've heard of him but the first time I've remembered hearing about him before. Every previous time I went "what the gently caress is a schmo?"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

CommonShore posted:

This is probably the fourth time I've heard of him but the first time I've remembered hearing about him before. Every previous time I went "what the gently caress is a schmo?"

https://i.imgur.com/qBpW2xn.mp4

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'd have to seriously consider watching Power Slap if it was Nick The Tooth getting hit

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This thread has awakened an unwelcome memory

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You know every free clinic in Vegas knows Nick the Tooth on a first name basis. Matt Serra probably had to submerge in Purell like Baron Harkonnen after rolling with him.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Did the schmo end up covering DWPS?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

He was there for the inaugural media day, which I only know because I googled it while looking for that picture.

In other news of the sport being annoying, Deiveson Figueiredo retired from flyweight after the last Moreno fight to move to bantamweight, and then he announced he was actually staying at flyweight and was going to fight Manel Kape to get another shot at the title, and now, apparently, he's back at 135 and is in talks to fight Dominick Cruz sometime in September.

Also, unrelatedly but re: all the dirty slut for the writeups stuff, thanks, y'all. It means a lot.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
ONE Friday Fights, the A show, is on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPbujCY1d8

This week, we have a non-Thai fighter in the main event, as Fabio Reis takes on Pongsiri. Reis is a fighter from Portugal who has two left hook knockouts on OFF so far, over Ferrari and Sangmanee. This time, he takes on ONE veteran Pongsiri, who was 1-3 in ONE proper before ONE Friday FIghts started. In OFF, Pongsiri is 2-0 over foreigners, with decision victories over Ferzan Çiçek and Tyson Harrison.

In the main event of the first half of the show, Sinsamut returns off of two straight defeats to Regian Eersel to try and get back on track as he takes on Brazilian Victor Teixeira. Teixeira knocked out Kongthailand just four weeks ago at OFF20, so he has a quick turnaround against a much higher level opponent.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Got real dusty in here after Nongam's fight...

coathat
May 21, 2007

Man friday is just the best

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Short notice 185 dude made weight and seems happy to be there. Win or lose they should match him up with Deron Winn at some point, smallest middleweight fight in history (open to being proven wrong by MMA historians ITT)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Everyone else also made weight, except for Jalin Turner at 158, dude needs to go back to Welterweight, he's too tall.

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
The Shmo's Bluechew ad with Helen Yee pissed me off

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Brut posted:

Everyone else also made weight, except for Jalin Turner at 158, dude needs to go back to Welterweight, he's too tall.

drat that’s a big miss. Let us pray for Dan Hooker’s brain.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Title run starts tomorrow, cuz we live in the dumbest timeline

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
ONE Friday Fights top to bottom today was really good, watch all the bold fights on my report. There was more than one fight where both fighters were knocked down.
https://bocot.substack.com/p/one-friday-fights-24-2023-07-07

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Lost a fight https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1677420282867326982?s=20

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Boy, that's a hell of an update:

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1677431747456249857

Dumb loving fight and I'm ultimately glad it's not happening in the first place, but hey, the UFC's incredibly bad matchmaking may have inadvertently saved a fighter's life by getting him the first actual medical exam of his career.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

CarlCX posted:

Boy, that's a hell of an update:

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1677431747456249857

Dumb loving fight and I'm ultimately glad it's not happening in the first place, but hey, the UFC's incredibly bad matchmaking may have inadvertently saved a fighter's life by getting him the first actual medical exam of his career.

Oh my god? That's a loving crazy find

How often do they do pre fight MRIs? This is the first I'm hearing about them, but I'm insanely glad that's a thing they do

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

brain procedure

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gonna remove it and put in a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003