Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

is jean-charles sarbowski (sp) still around? someone get his drunk french rear end back on TUF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

STABASS posted:

Too busy dealing with domestic abuse accusations (just kidding, no one in combat sports cares about that)

ugh, gross. i like my wanton violence consensual and fun and no other kind

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

dana will eventually open pressers with power slap matches

Long after the last contestants dumb enough for power slap have given up he will just spank himself at the podium for five minutes grumbling how if you don’t like it you can watch something else

any journalist who wants to ask a question must first get slapped by one of dana's slappers and the journalist must thank the slapper for the first-hand experience in the world's most exciting new sport

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CarlCX posted:

One of the most successful MMA media personalities is a guy named The Schmo whose schtick you can instantaneously absorb by looking at a picture of him

he was one of the first journalists they called to cover power slap.

im not one to assume a person's character based on how they look, but how he looks is 100% a choice made to elicit a reaction of revulsion and violence. it's like he went to law school and just wants people to assault him, because that's how he makes his money

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

was it about apartment wrestling and rin nakai or something/someone like that? i *think* that was a post here

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Robbie Lawler was the guy who got me back into the UFC in a big way. His late career title run was unexpected and awesome and result in three of my favourite fights ever. Me and my wife watched his fight with Condit at a Hooters in Mexico City because we couldn't find anywhere else close by that was showing it and it's one of my absolute favourite MMA memories. I'm genuinely misty eyed at Bob getting to walk off into the sunset on a win, and a spectacular win at that. Dude is one of the true originals in MMA and watching him is like watching no one else. god speed.

what's up, fellow guy who loves robbie and wound up at a mexican hooters unplanned

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

fuckin' yikes on that elbow damage to that dude's noggin

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

... are you suggesting chute box has made him younger???

i suppose it is possible. his brother has the brain of a child

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Hmm so who is the next closest thing to a white south african in the middleweight division....

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

watched it again and i sort of disagree. he held out his gloves to touch but the opponent was moving towards him with his gloves up for just long enough that i don't blame him for thinking it was just on and cocking the high kick

my initial reaction was "oooh, poo poo - fake tap ko!" then watched it back immediately and came away with the conclusion of it being clean in my eyes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

lmaoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if joe silva knows so much about mma why doesn't he post here?

the garv dot com posted here