Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I won't be convinced Volk is capable of losing to another 145er until it happens, and even then, I'll be skeptical as it happens and probably for about 2 hours after the fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
not a real person

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Apparently his team is 0-6 and that includes his special boys he demanded to be included at the expense of kicking off guys that had already been cast. So at least everyone is getting something good out of this season, including the coach fight that will certainly happen and won't be canceled because Conor still hasn't submitted a peepee sample

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i hate it here

https://twitter.com/PhotoAmy33/status/1676982537141497858?t=kCLf2He4W3WNSB8oSAtUdQ&s=19

(in case twitter embeds continue to be poo poo - there will be a powerslap match on the ufc 290 youtube weigh in show tomorrow)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

He signed an 8 fight deal iirc before the Gane fight, it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted the record for HW defenses first.

It's probably a contract for 2 UFC fights and 6 Power Slaps

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm still mad at Hendricks. The version of him at UFC 171 is probably the best Welterweight in the sport up to that point. He finally delivered on all that promise. It all came together. His striking, wrestling, game planning. He even added leg kicks. And he dug deep. I don't agree with the decision, but being able to rally and win the last round after rounds 3 and 4 is bloody impressive. He finally won me over. And then he followed it up by never looking even passable as a fighter ever again.

to be fair to bigg rigg, the allure of burgs is very strong

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TUF update

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1678961838036332547?t=r7WZHXMFwfjCL07-aAc2UQ&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

Uh, I've never actually watched TUF other than clips people link here, so I'd like to ask for some context for this. I thought there are individual winners in terms of the fighters in their weight class but this makes it sounds like there's usually some kind of consequence for one or the other team winning, and then further consequence for how much they win by? How does that stuff work?

So for split weight classes, both coaches have 4 fighters per division to match up in the first round

If all your guys lose, subsequent training sessions don't matter since they aren't fighting for the next round. Also, it makes things awkward for the team that sweeps, since now all the training partners know they have to fight each other.

Though I'm sure for Conor, getting swept just means he'll leave early and go back to his one true love: cocaine-fueled assaults

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Do not abandon Iron Turtle

You will regret this!

Oh, also, just saw Harris has a potential USADA violation, so the sloppy beefum boi fight is off the card

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Walt Harris is a man over 40. He probably just texted GEAR to 321321 for his free sample of Nugenix, packed with Testofim, a testosterone boosting ingredient. drat you, Baseball Legend Frank Thomas and Football Legend Doug Flutie!

(she'll like it, too)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

30 Jiří Procházka
31 Magomed Ankalaev
40 Jan Błachowicz
31 Aleksandar Rakić
31 Nikita Krylov
31 Johnny Walker
34 Anthony Smith
33 Volkan Oezdemir
35 Paul Craig
31 Ryan Spann
34 Azamat Murzakanov
33 Dominick Reyes
33 Khalil Rountree Jr.
35 Alonzo Menifield
35 Dustin Jacoby

save_us.krylov

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

nothing matters who gives a poo poo here's a guy fighting himself but wearing a fake mustache

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

When I was in Thailand they had kids as young as like 10 fighting on the undercard. Then teenagers and then actual adults. I think the main event was a french dude who got knocked dead by an Australian. It's like soccer or rugby over there and kids competing is as normal as any other sport.

Except a lot of those kids have to fight to make money for their families and research shows children Thai fighters have significantly lower cognitive function than Thai children who don't get punched in the head 3 times a week

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gilbert Burns said Masvidal had lotioned up for their fight, but then walked it back

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I say this as a fan of both Poirier and Gaethje, but the only win over a relevant lightweight either guy has in recent memory is Fiziev. Chandler's got a high ranking, but he's 2-3 in the UFC and those two wins are Dan Hooker and Tony Ferguson. Dustin spent a lot of time beating up Conor and that has no bearing on the division.

It's gonna be a good fight, but should it mean the winner is next for a title shot? I dunno.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Which guy losing this weekend is gonna make you most sad?

For me it's probably Lewis, since I've resigned myself to Tony Ferguson being fully cooked and or washed. Though Bobby Green losing will be disappointing, too.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Also it’s super weird that all of this is going up against Spence vs Crawford -probably the most interesting boxing match since (at least) Wilder Fury 2. I can’t imagine watching whatever mma fight actually goes head to head with it.

There's also Super Rizin 2 and Bellator X Rizin 2, but those lost some shine with late drop outs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

I'm guessing one of those is being broadcast through some weird service nobody's heard of and the other is being broadcast on a normal services but on like a 16 hour tape delay?

Bellator x Rizin is on Showtime at the time of it happening and I think Super Rizin is on Fite.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Catching up on Bellator. Annoying grappleman Danny Sabatello lost to Magomed Magomedov. Yay!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Also everyone's asleep but Patricio Pitbull just got loving slept by Chihiro Suzuki and everything is very, very funny.

lol and lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Apparently Derrick Lewis passed out at the UFC PI during his weight cut for the Spivak fight and NSAC didn't know about it

https://twitter.com/mmanews_com/status/1686363161908084737?t=XYs25_yVAU_cSW8mgXemrQ&s=19