Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

RealityWarCriminal posted:

daniel please, no

It looks like trump actually came over to the broadcast booth so while the correct response is to spit on him I can’t really blame anyone for politely acknowledging him. What’s kinda interesting is that Rogan doesn’t seem to be reacting in that pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Hooker not only broke his arm, but also his orbital bone. I already liked the guy but I’m pretty sure he’s my favorite fighter now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope Francis gets his payday, but I really doubt it will ever happen. Fury is notorious for not going through with these kinds of things, and he has a lot of big money fights that would actually mean something that he could make.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CarlCX posted:

See, I feel like this one's likely to actually happen. It's a huge money fight that will get Fury more publicity than anyone else outside of the people he already doesn't want to fight except this time Fury's practically guaranteed a win.

See I don’t read believe Fury has it in him to duck Usyk for too long. Plus Fury could basically push the “easy money” button and fight Joshua at Wembley for all of the money whenever he wants. Just seems like a very weird thing for Fury to do now.

Marching Powder posted:

The run up to this fight is probably going to be real bad for the sport so if that was too much for you the next few months are going to be deeply unpleasant.

There seems to be some awareness on Du Plessis part that he hosed up, so I’m cautiously optimistic that this might not be awful. He backpedaled pretty hard after he made the initial comments about being the African champion, and all he said back to Izzy was “what will you say to the people in New Zealand” so I wouldn’t be surprised if this either dies down or just ends up as Izzy screaming the N word into the ether.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is this spilling over from another thread or something? These posts about Twitter opinions are seeming to come out of nowhere but everyone seems to know what is being talked about.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ilmucche posted:

Is it worrying there's noone on that list in their 20s? Is that a normal thing seen in other divisions as well?

Yes, but also it feels like the prime for MMA fighters is in their early 30’s compared to other sports. I actually feel like a lot of guys who shine in their early 20’s wash out because of the head trauma and lovely pay,

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Glover and Pereira wrestled in a river for some reason. Besides this being generally strange, Pereira is also so much bigger than Glover.

E: forgot the link https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cu2Y4wktn-7/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 21, 2023

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CarlCX posted:

I think it feels less bad because there aren't currently big lightweight contenders chomping at the bit. Dan Hooker had a lot of momentum when Poirier punched him stupid and Fiziev looked ready until Gaethje beat him, and in the meantime you've had a bunch of people who just can't quite seem to get traction.

It could've been Ismagulov but he got beat by Tsarukyan; it could've been Tsarukyan but he struggled with Gamrot; it could've been Gamrot but he couldn't beat Dariush; it was almost Dariush but he got crushed by Oliveira. And Chandler, as much as I think he is a human rectangle, almost beat Oliveira, Gaethje and Poirier, he just, y'know, didn't.

I'd like to see the rankings mix up a lot more but, y'know, modern UFC.

I think you’re right that no one else really makes sense. Hopefully Oliveira wins so they can either do a trilogy or give Volk another shot (which won’t happen, but would be really cool).

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

LobsterMobster posted:

Which guy losing this weekend is gonna make you most sad?

For me it's probably Lewis, since I've resigned myself to Tony Ferguson being fully cooked and or washed. Though Bobby Green losing will be disappointing, too.

I was actually looking at the card and got bummed when I saw Lewis was now an undercard fighter on the prelims.

Saddest has to be Ferguson, though. He’s basically been a tragedy since he saw the man in the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Also it’s super weird that all of this is going up against Spence vs Crawford -probably the most interesting boxing match since (at least) Wilder Fury 2. I can’t imagine watching whatever mma fight actually goes head to head with it.