Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which main event fighter are you most looking forward to seeing in July?
This poll is closed.
Sean StricHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Alexander VolkanHOLLY HOLM 9 30.00%
Holly Holm 11 36.67%
A.J. McKHOLLY HOLM 0 0%
Roman KrykHOLLY HOLM 1 3.33%
Dustin PHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Justin GaetHOLLY HOLM 3 10.00%
Tom AspHOLLY HOLM 2 6.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Brut posted:

Everyone else also made weight, except for Jalin Turner at 158, dude needs to go back to Welterweight, he's too tall.

drat that’s a big miss. Let us pray for Dan Hooker’s brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

I guess I'm not surprised he's considering it since nearly every interview I see with the guy someone is asking, "So you thinking about fighting again?"

It gets in your head eventually.

He’s been talking about coming back for years. I think there were some medical concerns, waiting for the right opponent, etc.

Have him fight Herb Dean on the first fight of some Facebook live prelims I guess.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

BlindSite posted:

He had some kind of heart condition wolfram heart? Or something? I don't remember quite what it was called.

But he was talking about "polishing his left hook" so sounded a lot to me like fighting.

Wolfram & Hart is the evil law firm in Angel, the spinoff of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Jeremy Renner guest starred in an episode of Angel, and alongside Chris Evans in the Marvel films. Who else was in a MCU Captain America film, you ask? Georges St Pierre, who defeated Dan Hardy in a welterweight championship bout. Your mixup is totally understandable.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

loving hell, I didn’t realize Jamahal Hill got his injury during a fighter basketball game. His team lost to Cormier’s team, even.

Close down heavyweight, light heavyweight, and half of middleweight.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Yeah, kinda hard to get hyped up for the Interim Africanest Mother Fucker title.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I would argue the same for Poirier’s loss to Oliveira. His sub defense was lacking but he was landing dynamite ahead of that.

Pretty much everyone at the top has rocked Oliveira’s poo poo. Can’t remember if Dariush landed any big bombs, though.

Islam was just the only one who could finish the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Benson Cunningham posted:

That's a didn't even try amount of weight. Also, I wonder if fighters do enemas before trying to hit weight.

We only have proof of that one guy on TUF. Not sure how many others would admit it.

If one man can hold you down, two can give you an enema, after all.