Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you know it won't let you post a gag poll with just one option?
This poll is closed.
Sean Strickland sucks 6 66.67%
The joke was there wasn't going to be an option where Sean Strickland doesn't suck 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think its more apt that he is ridden off into the sunset the way this fights going

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It is aggressively silly Ismagulov got yanked out of retirement for this fight anyway.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think its more apt that he is ridden off into the sunset the way this fights going

lol

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
here we go again

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

good, jab him in the other eye and then kick him in the nuts, apparently the rule is three for free so go for it

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this fight ending on a eye poke in 10 seconds would be the funniest outcome

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Eye pokes should be a mandatory deduction at this point it's getting ridiculous

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Like in a 5 round fight even if he gets a point taken away but the other fighter's vision is compromised for the next 25 minutes, does it even matter? 49-45 instead of 50-45 or whatever (or a ko/tko), you're still winning cuz your opponent just can't see.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Mandatory 5 point deduction

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I've taken a bit of a break from UFC and MMA in general. Does the UFC still push NFTs? Haven't heard a mention of any tonight but I got here late

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Magomedov gassing haaaaaard

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Unperson_47 posted:

I've taken a bit of a break from UFC and MMA in general. Does the UFC still push NFTs? Haven't heard a mention of any tonight but I got here late

Not nearly as often as they did for a while there, but they still mention them from time to time. I think there was some specific uh...card? or some poo poo like that mentioned recently that's effectively an NFT.

Is Magomedov bleeding from the ribs? that's unusual to see

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ah yes, a not particularly interested Sean Strickland lazily jabbing some guy. Great fight night.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

What an unbelievably necessary night of fights tonight was. What an educational and useful set of matches that informed divisions and contendership.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That was an mma fight, I guess.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
At the risk of asking normal people to make sense of the poo poo Strickland says...what the gently caress does "I want to fight the first and only chinese champion" mean?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

At the risk of asking normal people to make sense of the poo poo Strickland says...what the gently caress does "I want to fight the first and only chinese champion" mean?

Back when Izzy was kickboxing for Chinese promotions he, like most fighters, would say pro-Chinese stuff and walk out with the flag of China, and Strickland is an idiot.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sean Strickland looking around at everyone to see their reaction to what he says is so cringe-worthy.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

CarlCX posted:

Back when Izzy was kickboxing for Chinese promotions he, like most fighters, would say pro-Chinese stuff and walk out with the flag of China, and Strickland is an idiot.

Oh. Thanks.

Unperson_47 posted:

Sean Strickland looking around at everyone to see their reaction to what he says is so cringe-worthy.

Yeah my reaction was just confusion

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Brut posted:

i would have guessed he meant he wants to hit zhang weili

bbobseq
Jul 1, 2023
Strickland leveled up.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

bbobseq posted:

Strickland leveled up.

Nah, he dispatched a wild striker with little gas using his limited offense and great cardio.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Yeah his opponent completely gassed like 1 minute in to round 2 of a 5 round fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I will not stand for these false reports on Magomedov's cardio!

He gassed out at the end of round 1.