Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a new Hello Kitty game, that is basically an Animal Crossing clone, called Island Adventure, and its exclusive to Apple Arcade right now, but I really hope it eventually comes to Steam, and consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

never underestimate the ability of a bunch of grognards to stick strictly to the exact script bits.

5e.txt

I said come in! posted:

There is a new Hello Kitty game, that is basically an Animal Crossing clone, called Island Adventure, and its exclusive to Apple Arcade right now, but I really hope it eventually comes to Steam, and consoles.

does it have proper language support, for players of Hola Gatita or Grüße Katze

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

grognards dont like 5e and they especially dont like, the way 5e adventures are written. too woke

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I don't think there is a single online gaming experience I miss as much as Unreal Tournament 2004 Onslaught.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

If anyone ever played obscure janky little bug rts Swarm Assault there's a version built off OpenRA called OpenSA that just had an update https://www.moddb.com/mods/opensa

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wait did they finally make Hello Kitty Island Adventure for real

Or was it always real I can’t remember

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

It just came out about three days ago.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kerrzhe posted:

it sounds not half bad. but is only on apple arcade.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm really enjoying the Ratchet and Clank remake now that I've gotten past the early game where your gun options kind of suck. It also helps that I started skipping every cutscene.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Infinitum posted:

How does "The Source Code For The Games We Made" get lost in this day and age? :psyduck:

The fastest I've seen it happen in a non-game context, with supposedly stronger procedures in place to prevent it, was 3 days after the lead dev left. If it's there but no one important knows it is, then it's as good as gone. Also we do actually get rid of repositories for older projects once they're not actively used anymore. The context is different, but all it takes is someone in charge deeming them useless.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Remember all those games from like the 7th generation that got advertised all over the place and really hyped up that were all really bad and nobody really played them? Like Kane and Lynch, Dante's Inferno, Wet, Army of Two, stuff like that?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dantes inferno is a good time

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Someone must have played Kane and Lynch if it got a sequel

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Army of Two was fun as hell co-op and had a dedicated button for high fiving your bro

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

emSparkly posted:

Remember all those games from like the 7th generation that got advertised all over the place and really hyped up that were all really bad and nobody really played them? Like Kane and Lynch, Dante's Inferno, Wet, Army of Two, stuff like that?

Kane and Lynch and Army of Two were dope

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yo Fiddy, hit that big-rear end ramp

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I played smash online coop with a friend for the first time in ages and holy poo poo what an awful experience. Half the time it didn't even register damage after an attack hit someone. Really shows the importance of good connections and netcode

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

parthenocarpy posted:

I don't think there is a single online gaming experience I miss as much as Unreal Tournament 2004 Onslaught.

Im boycotting Fortnite until Epic ports UT to Unreal Engine 5

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Alert to Australian gamers, jbhifi has octopath 2 on switch for $49, which is 35 off rrp. I'd been waiting for a discount before I bought it since I was lukewarm on the first game. I know it's also on other platforms but I don't care about this, switch 4 life.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Adam Bowen posted:

Army of Two was fun as hell co-op and had a dedicated button for high fiving your bro

i liked how you got to argue on the couch with your coop buddy about the dumb moral choices like whether or not to shoot the endangered tiger

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Metis of the Hallway posted:

Alert to Australian gamers, jbhifi has octopath 2 on switch for $49, which is 35 off rrp. I'd been waiting for a discount before I bought it since I was lukewarm on the first game. I know it's also on other platforms but I don't care about this, switch 4 life.

Have fun. You're in for a treat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why wasn't it named Sexdecpath Traveller?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Square is too afraid of giving the people what they want.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bone emulator posted:

Im boycotting Fortnite until Epic ports UT to Unreal Engine 5

Same except UT99

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm surprised a UT mode isn't in Fortnite yet. Maybe when 1st person mode finally launches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love HiFi Rush, it's bright and colorful and very silly and a lot of fun and Rekka was an incredible boss fight. Alas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32j8M5G1f8o

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm surprised a UT mode isn't in Fortnite yet. Maybe when 1st person mode finally launches.

They seem to have removed every version of Unreal from every storefront including GOG which just seems unnecessary and hostile. Like they don't want any acknowledgment that Unreal ever existed except as the engine for Fortnite.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got my Priest in WoW to level 70 last night, I took my time getting there, but I slowly chipped away at it over like 12 days.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've poured like 10 hours into theatrhythm this weekend, kinda wild. Not sure if it's a great game but it sure is engaging, it turns out the tiny rpg elements are compelling enough. I do really like how there's no penalty for playing on the easiest difficulty, as far as I can tell you get the same rewards. I tried dipping my toe on Normal and i'm just not ready for it, it feels like classic "patting your head and rubbing your stomach" to me and i can't handle it. Some optional objectives require beating songs at the hardest difficulty but there's also a simple "one-button" mode that can be activated at any time, very friendly

I get the feeling that 100%ing the optional objectives will require ferocious amounts ffx-post-game-style grinding to level up your guys, probably not going to go that route

One thing is that sometimes the selection of songs is a little strange, like there are some quiet songs without much of a rhythm, at which point the gameplay becomes mostly visual, trying to time the notes based on visual cues instead of audio. Kinda weird. Also, there's no Turk theme from ff7? The most percussive song in the entire ff mythos? Embarrassing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geQhMmSbK2k

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

theatrhythm's super friendly and approachable gameplay that doesn't punish you for playing on the easiest settings, is why I love it so much. Its the only rhythm game I have really enjoyed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

8bitdo is making a mechanical keyboard, and I sorta love the aesthetic a LOT

You can also order giant super buttons

Comes in Famicom flavour as well

https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-mechanical-keyboard/
Doesn't state what sort of switches they are tho

I said come in! posted:

Got my Priest in WoW to level 70 last night, I took my time getting there, but I slowly chipped away at it over like 12 days.

We're currently progging on this horseshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0s-vKq0zeg

If any of the giant red zones touch you, you die
You need to use knock backs to break through walls at specific intervals to allow enough space to spread out
Requires precise non-stop positioning
In the last phase each player has to go to an individual void zone to avoid a nuke ability. Any double ups and players die/overwhelmed by adds

The video isn't showing the weakaura/UI aid that's hidden off screen that basically shows you where to stand and when

I sorta love it, cause I'm only logging in for prog raid nights atm, and I'm playing a bunch of other poo poo rather than "My 2nd job is Wow" nonsense of old.

Dragonflight is so good :3:
New Trading Post items should get revealed today :3:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It's also lots of fun to play coop with your partner! Theatrhythm ftw

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
What's wrong with mechanical keyboard dorks, what do they have against full-sized keyboards and/or numpads

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Included a pair of DK bongos but not a full numpad. Shameful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I do really like how there's no penalty for playing on the easiest difficulty, as far as I can tell you get the same rewards.
I haven't played this one yet but in the older ones there were some drops that were easier to get on higher difficulties because you needed to do more damage/hit more notes to burn through enough enemies for the boss to spawn before the song ended

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What's wrong with mechanical keyboard dorks, what do they have against full-sized keyboards and/or numpads

hatty posted:

Included a pair of DK bongos but not a full numpad. Shameful

:hai:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

homeless snail posted:

I haven't played this one yet but in the older ones there were some drops that were easier to get on higher difficulties because you needed to do more damage/hit more notes to burn through enough enemies for the boss to spawn before the song ended

I’m pretty good at music games, and even for me getting the platinum took some special planning (aka looking up how to use a completely broken party setup) for some of the missions.

It’s fun, don’t get me wrong, but it’s never not weird to get a 99.8% score on a song and still fail the mission for it.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They're insanely expensive so they try to rationalize only using like 20 total keys in a hosed up layout

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HKDfO51Ja4

New Bomb Rush Cyberfunk trailer

PC/Switch August 18
Xbox/PS September 1

40 bones American

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HKDfO51Ja4