Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Stranger of Paradise is FF16 if it was good send tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

more seriously I think both games are worthwhile but there's def an element of low expectations for SoP working in its favor, "oh the silly crossover game is actually good"

FF16 seems to kinda be the opposite for a lot of people including me. "so it's FF14 quests but fancier?"

good thing I'm okay with FF not hitting all the notes. I think if FF13 released today people would be substantially more chill about it.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I think Majora tops the list for Zelda games that everyone should play tbh.

speaking of remakes, my only strongly held RE opinion is I hope they don't remake RE1 anytime soon. that time would be better spent on anything else.

hell it's kinda old at the point, they should just bundle it in with new RE games. I love the REmake so much

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

for my latest Stellaris game I have been playing as a Theocratic Dictatorship that uses necromancy for all their ground combat, and it's been fun so far, but I had some unintended (?) interactions that meant I fought an entire war for basically no benefit, so I think I'm taking a break to play something else. Sword of the Stars is like two bucks on Steam... haven't played that one in years

anyways my people looked like this :3: widdle xenophobic war criminals

my queen was named Schlorp

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1677386559375417356

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I'll admit that I do derive some sick pleasure from seeing what MMO devs will name their latest currency

you have poo poo like Tomestones of Poetics/Mendacity/Comedy/Goetia/Phantasmagoria/Genesis/Lore/Soldiery/Philosophy/Allegory/Revelation etc.

or just, Mama John's Voucher

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I mostly notice those suspenders. Aerith's jacket is wayyyy better, as far as slightly unnecessary wardobe choices go

another reason why Aerith > Tifa

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

They removed the Russian Announcer because it was voiced by Mike Z, ex-developer ousted for being a sex pest

"anti-censorship" crowd pick a good hill to die on challenge

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

we had a whole rear end open beta, and I think extrapolating off the reception it got, it won't have the plug pulled early or anything

I wanted to like it more. Everything about the feedback felt puzzlingly off

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I love feeling lost so dipping into a new Paradox game, never informed, is like a warm bath for me

I still don't know how trade routes work

I need to actually get into Aurora one of these days... I did learn Dwarf Fortress after all

Aurora is the game that looks like this:

Ramie fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 15, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

There sure were a lot of Star Wars games around that era

I liked the RTS that had some neat space combat. You could damage individual bits of say, a Star Destroyer, and the damage would show. Knock out its engines and you could leave dead in the water, for example. Everything died a bit too fast from what I remember, so it wasn't a big enough factor

There was also ground combat portion that I just remember as being insipid

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

^a bit of research tells me that there was a Gungan faction in that game, which is incredibly funny to me

A lot of the Star Wars flavor in games seems pretty wasted to me because it's one of two things:

A) Familiar characters or factions in instantly recognizable locales, which are themselves throughly mined out by this point. All possible permutations have been done

B) Some obscure and dull lore that only like 2% of the fandom knows and is excited about. Oh I get to lead a legion of Vibrospeeders on planet Choochooba? who cares

But all the Star Wars games sell a billion copies so what do I know

Ramie fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 16, 2023

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

And some chocolate chip/chunk manufacturers are just better than others. I think Guittard is leading the pack

And Hershey's is the worst cocoa powder you can buy

And Tony's Chocolonely is the best mass-distribution chocolate bar you can get in the U.S.

there. all my chocolate takes done

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I said come in! posted:

When I was in college, I met someone who was from Australia and they were really disappointed that they couldn’t find bread that was like they were use to back home. They cited the huge amounts of sugar as a major turn off.

isn't Australia the home of fairy bread? :confused:

anyways, my favorite recipe for cookies, since I figure I'm not the only one hungry reading these posts. Makes a lot of dough but it keeps decently, and still the best after trying 30-something recipes

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

sometimes you just play a game because you like the way it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

If people talked about my gate for 20 years and 3 games I would be mortified. My thoughts lie with Baldur during this no-doubt trying time.