Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Restaurant job tips

show up at the exact earliest time the computer will let you clock in

Then go piss, fix a coffee, schmooze, and finally begin work

When the boss says you can clock out, piss again, make yourself something, schmooze, grab a drink, walk out the door, walk back in going "poo poo I forgot to clock out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I can't imagine having to go back to punching a clock like Sam and Ralph. Work is stressful enough, don't get on my poo poo about walking in 2 mins late.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I thriw beer cans at my manager's head when I drive past him walking on the sidewalk.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Awkward Davies posted:

Who turns off their computer

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
beat teh poo poo outta your boss OP

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Smugworth posted:

Another masterthread by

hell yeah

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Appeal the writeup or you're the boss's bitch, OP.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

American manager here.

The industry standard is that an employee cannot possibly walk through the front door five minutes before their shift starts, put their lunch away, get settled, turn on their computer, launch all their programs, and be ready to work for exactly 8am.

Suggesting employees arrive 15 minutes early is quite standard.

I also do not believe penishands will be successful at any fake job he pretends to have, let alone an actual job.

I would fire him.

Lol you’re actually a criminal

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

With the preexisting blue collar labor shortage, the hundreds of pest control jobs on the ol’ Indeed, and Ronnie D’s new immigration bullshit, my company seems to understand the social contract and leaves me the gently caress alone to earn.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Restaurant job tips

When the boss says you can clock out, piss again, make yourself something, schmooze, grab a drink, walk out the door, walk back in going "poo poo I forgot to clock out"

One time at my grocery store job when I was 16 I didn't clock out after leaving shift and didn't clock in for two days, somehow the geniuses didn't realize it and paid me for an entire weekend of OT. Paycheck was in the thousands for a job that sometime paid a few hundred a week.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Restaurant job tips

Lol when I worked at restaurants they only paid like 2 something an hour and most times you wouldn't see a paycheck at all, it just covered your taxes or something. I did work with a guy who was trying to buy a house with his wife and he reported more cash tips than he realistically could ever get to show a higher income. Always wondered how that worked out for him, most folks just said 0 afaik.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Khanstant posted:

Lol when I worked at restaurants they only paid like 2 something an hour and most times you wouldn't see a paycheck at all, it just covered your taxes or something. I did work with a guy who was trying to buy a house with his wife and he reported more cash tips than he realistically could ever get to show a higher income. Always wondered how that worked out for him, most folks just said 0 afaik.

my advice is for back of house

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

DicktheCat posted:

Echoing that "on time is late" is some military bs.

OP's boss is either ex-military or a bootlicker wannabe.

It sure is.
I had an NCO that pulled the "if you aren't 15 minutes early you are late" crap. Fine, whatever; it's the military and stupid poo poo is the norm.
He then started punishing people for not being 10 minutes early to being 15 minutes early for the same reason. That one blew my mind.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Cyks posted:

It sure is.
I had an NCO that pulled the "if you aren't 15 minutes early you are late" crap. Fine, whatever; it's the military and stupid poo poo is the norm.
He then started punishing people for not being 10 minutes early to being 15 minutes early for the same reason. That one blew my mind.

Wait. You're saying you had to be 25 minutes early for everything?

So like if you had watch and PT you'd score 50 minutes of "waiting around" free time to read books or doodle in a notepad or something?
I'd have talked him into making it a cool 15+15. Then I would have told his wife he was cheating on her. After that I'd put pubes in his food.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Mine does not.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Looks like ol' AARD VARKMAN put pencilhands on a PIP

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Some managers in this thread need some serious swirlies.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

Looks like ol' AARD VARKMAN put pencilhands on a PIP

Pencilhands Improvement Plan

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I haven't been in before 10 AM in years OP

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

MoonshineWilly posted:

Some managers in this thread need some serious swirlies.

At least the one guy who outed himself participating in wage theft

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I once had a boss that tried to write me up. I wrote a defense and he couldn't do poo poo so he didn't file it. I found a different job that paid me more and left, then a month later he got fired in part because his superiors didn't want me to leave. gently caress that idiot.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Have you guys heard about this? Have you seen this? Dipshits abound in middle management.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
gently caress You, pay me.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I feel like paying someone a full salary to do nothing but micromanage the time between employees entering the front door and when they do their first production-related task is a tremendous waste of company funds and the entire office can probably work fine without that person on payroll.

lol you'd be surprised. Most of my team does what they need to do because I treat them like human beings but one new person thinks I'm riding their rear end because they show up 15+ late and take long lunches. Baby sitting isn't a good use of my time so stop being a fuckin baby

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I have to swipe my time card at a clock, so it doesn't matter what time I enter the building as long as I get my swipe in at my scheduled starting time.
In some cases I've seen supervisors do the opposite where they don't want you anywhere near the workroom floor until you're on the clock.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Get back to work drones

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

kazr posted:

lol you'd be surprised. Most of my team does what they need to do because I treat them like human beings but one new person thinks I'm riding their rear end because they show up 15+ late and take long lunches. Baby sitting isn't a good use of my time so stop being a fuckin baby

they sound cool. can you buy them an account?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hello I am also in management. Please don’t disturb or bother me I’m trying to skate by more so than you because I get paid more. Just I dunno show up and work ish.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I see a lot of leaning not cleaning

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Also it is forbidden to sit while you post from here in out it looks unprofessional

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

tbh the amount of money you make is directly proportional to the amount of silly and asinine nonsense you're forced to endure. If my current boss got mad at me for not showing up 15 minutes early and then tried to write me up, it would be union rep time and then probably oh wait, I have years of experience and a couple certifications, I don't have to put up with this poo poo bye.

It's also why the entirety of middle managers and execs are soulless parasites but you take the good with the bad here at baby mashing factory Inc, a metaphor for capitalism.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

American manager here.

The industry standard is wage theft

Sounds about right, yeah.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I used to work with this ancient motherfucker who began work at 7am and was not allowed OT. His wife was a nurse who worked 12s at a nearby hospital. Dumbass would drop her off at 5 for her job, come eat breakfast and read the paper in the break room, then clock in at 7. He’d work until 3, then sit in the break room again until it was time to pick wifey up at work again.

Guy was an absolute moron with some of the dumbest opinions and ideas you could imagine. With one exception: dude was in shipping and occasionally a truck would need to be loaded after he clocked out. His boss would come in the break room and ask him to help out (this after absolutely forbidding him 30 seconds of overtime otherwise). His response was usually something like YOU GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLES CAN GO gently caress YOURSELVES, PIECE OF poo poo SONS OF BITCHES I’M GONNA REPORT YOU TO THE LABOR BOARD FOR THIS! It was hilarious to watch.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the number one rule of the american workforce is they actually dont want us to do too much

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You ever been in line at a store and the cashier is ringing up the person in front of you when they come across an item that’s missing the tag or won’t ring up, and the person in front of you says, “HAHAHAHA MUST BE FREEEEEEEEEE!”

And you look at the poor cashier and can actually see a little bit of their soul leave their body through their sad eyes? I feel for the cashier :smith:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazr posted:

Yeah so absent of that babysitting you have exactly one person who burns a precious 15+ minutes per day not bundling widgets and everyone else is doing fine, the babysitting is totally unnecessary.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

kazr posted:

Stop being a baby about long lunch and 15 minutes late. Lol 15 minutes that basically 0

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

Stop being a baby about long lunch and 15 minutes late. Lol 15 minutes that basically 0

OP is this guy:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
If you're spending more than 15 minutes riding someone's rear end for wasting 15 minutes, you should just acknowledge that this isn't about workflow or efficiency and it's just that you're a poo poo manager who enjoys bossing people around for the crime of not being afraid of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

You ever been in line at a store and the cashier is ringing up the person in front of you when they come across an item that’s missing the tag or won’t ring up, and the person in front of you says, “HAHAHAHA MUST BE FREEEEEEEEEE!”

And you look at the poor cashier and can actually see a little bit of their soul leave their body through their sad eyes? I feel for the cashier :smith:

Waiter: how was your meal
Patron: *points at empty plate* I hated it lol lol