Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

mcmagic posted:

Are these Madden create a players?

Manning was a 1st rounder out of high school a while back and been injured a lot, but Foley and Lange have been the 8th/9th inning guys for the Tigers all season and have been great (save for a couple of clunkers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

I’m at the futures game and the AL doesn’t seem to have much of a future.

Tigers prospects have gotten on base 3 times :colbert:

We won't talk about their gloves though...

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The MLB Draft just started and we now know the #1 pick

https://twitter.com/JonathanMayo/status/1678179810533597186?s=20

I believe Keith Law said as much earlier this week that this was what would happen

I would bitch that the Tigers took a HS outfielder with Langford still on the board, but Riley Greene is working out much better than Torkelson so far, so who knows.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

zoux posted:

Dunno why he deleted hte other one but here's one from 2010-2022, but just in terms of who drafted who and not who developed who

I was wondering why the Angels were below 50 WAR, but Trout was drafted in 2009.

It doesn't feel good being reminded that the Tigers front office has been dogshit for a long time too :smith:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

The Braves payroll is almost that so just imagine a few more wins for the best team in the league

e: gently caress, finally got an immaculate grid

I was so pumped to get Todd Van Poppel

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

this trade deadline seems like it's gonna be boring as hell

I've got a sinking feeling that the Tigers aren't going to deal Rodriguez, and if they do they'll get a lighter return than initially thought.

Shouldn't be any worries about finding a taker for Lorenzen though.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Supposedly the Dodgers were hot on Eduardo Rodriguez in the event that they didn't get Verlander.

Scott Harris, GET ON THE drat PHONE!

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Lee is Philly's #5 prospect? I'm fine with this for a guy that was just a one year flier in the off-season.

Lorenzen seems like a really good dude, so I hope he does well with the Phillies :unsmith:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

zoux posted:

People like to be mad about stuff.

So, now we turn to the most pressing issue, how does this affect the Verlander HoF cap choice

3 of his 4 best seasons came in Detroit (and he should have 2 more Cy Youngs if not for the Porcello and David Price votes), and he spent the first 12 years of his career there.

If it isn't a Tigers cap, I'll be really bummed :smith:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Apparently ERod used his no trade to kill a deal to the Dodgers.

SON OF A BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

getting sober was difficult enough for me in my 20s when I was just some dude, so hopefully he can stop drinking and stay stopped if that's what he wants

He's already proficient at beating things, so he's got a head start!