Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Dubs408/status/1678245984986624000?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I haven't really looked at every roster but we do seem to be missing the embarrassing "team paid to put a G league all star on the team to try to win the summer league" squad out there this season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
You're welcome Pelicans fans, the Warriors haven't scored since I turned the game on. E: therewas that while I was posting.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

You're welcome Pelicans fans, the Warriors haven't scored since I turned the game on. E: therewas that while I was posting.

That's ok. The Pels were actually able to convert on easy buckets when you tuned in when that had been a struggle most of the night. The defense has been mostly solid, tbh.

Also, this Warriors SL squad likes to take charges rather than contest drives.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

That's ok. The Pels were actually able to convert on easy buckets when you tuned in when that had been a struggle most of the night. The defense has been mostly solid, tbh.

Also, this Warriors SL squad likes to take charges rather than contest drives.

Pelicans benefit from me watching them way more than the Lakers )=]

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Nop GSW

Hawkins cannot break the habit of spacing to the college 3pt line

dokmo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 10, 2023

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Warriors summer league team is running actual plays as if this was the playoffs or college or something, tryhard jackasses

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Nop GSW

Hawkins cannot break the habit of spacing to the college 3pt line

I think this is something the Pels will be able to break him of since they have already been working on getting their shooters ready to take 3s from a couple feet behind the line in order to improve spacing.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Ej Liddell is fast tracking my prediction of turning into old man PJ Tucker

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Golden State is still running plays. That's some college rear end poo poo. Summer league coaches are the worst.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

dokmo posted:

Golden State is still running plays. That's some college rear end poo poo. Summer league coaches are the worst.

Mark Madsen sitting in his chair crying

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

So, is Scoot out for the rest of summer league? Can’t tell

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

how's coulibaly doing?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Orlando pacers

Listening to Zeke call summer league games is true pain

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Orlando pacers

Listening to Zeke call summer league games is true pain

He was so bad that it was affecting my enjoyment of having SL games on as background noise.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Jarace is a goddamn menace as the low man

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Jett is not very good

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Mathurin weirdly cannot beat Anthony Black

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

What the hell is this stream?

I'm not clicking it to find out

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They get dudes like Nate Duncan to do alt broadcasts

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

You're missing out

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Oh that's where that's from

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The league should make the rockets the house opponent of summer league. Every team that plays them agrees to run no plays and not play defense and just bomb away.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Houston is reduced to playing Kenny Loggins at SF

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
They’re in the danger zone

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat there sure are a lot of guys shut down on all these teams today. I guess it's good for the coaches to see the deeper bench people.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Based on this short film I think Brandon Miller legitimately negged Michael Jordan into drafting him. Lol he's so rude on the phone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Brandon Miller: "gently caress you Mike Jordan get off my fuckin phone it's 2023 we text now you dumb motherfucker"
Michael Jordan: :freakout:

Cool dunk though

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Miller looks legitimately pretty great today so I dunno

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Miller looks legitimately pretty great today so I dunno

Yeah I like it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah Brandon Miller is going to be fine.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dyson Daniels still can't shoot from mid-range or distance, but his handle and scoring at the rim has been much improved from last Summer League for him. Not as much progress as I would have liked, but it his progress. He is definitely playing like an adult out there at 20.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Portland’s summer league team is the inverse of their regular season team as the most fun team here.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I don't think Jett deserves to be buried from the only comments on him I've seen so far in here. I watched both Magic games and he had 4 & 5 assist games as an on-ball guy and defended actually not too badly compared to what I saw in some college clips.

Looks supremely lost anywhere in the paint and missed some bunnies after nice moves, not a rebounder, also may not have much defensive versatility, but I liked his ability to create separation at the three point line with defenders who were right in his face.

Only other players I saw as a realistic choice for Orlando were Dick and Hawkins and Dick is having trouble getting that separation for open looks (looks like a pesky defender/solid rebounder though) and Hawkins has had a weird SL where he looks solid one game but goes 1-6 from the line or 1-12 like tonight with 6 turnovers and can't really do much on-ball stuff. Hard to tell on a lot of these dudes with trash rear end SL rosters.

- Glad Miller/NSJ had good games finally. Charlotte fans were going through hell with that summer league team. Bouknight is a goner.

- Coulibaly is super intriguing as a defensive prospect already. Every game he is making some crazy block. Offense is a huge WIP though.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 12, 2023

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I don't think Jett deserves to be buried from the only comments on him I've seen so far in here. I watched both Magic games and he had 4 & 5 assist games as an on-ball guy and defended actually not too badly compared to what I saw in some college clips.

Looks supremely lost anywhere in the paint and missed some bunnies after nice moves, not a rebounder, also may not have much defensive versatility, but I liked his ability to create separation at the three point line with defenders who were right in his face.

I think it's mostly just me complaining about him. He plays in a way that offends me specifically. There is always room in the league for a guy who can shoot very well. But his lack of toughness, the way he plays much smaller than he is, his lack of anticipation, these things irritate me every time I watch him.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

dokmo posted:

I think it's mostly just me complaining about him. He plays in a way that offends me specifically. There is always room in the league for a guy who can shoot very well. But his lack of toughness, the way he plays much smaller than he is, his lack of anticipation, these things irritate me every time I watch him.

True, I can see that being an annoying thing. He might luck into a unique situation where some guys in Orlando are only really good at being goony (Moe Wagner) or pesky on defense (half of the roster) so hopefully those holes aren't glaring/can be teachable

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
gonna be insanely reactionary and say Raptors should have taken Keyonte George or Jordan Hawkins or Nick Smith Jr. Not sure how he fell to 27

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I’m so ready for the Gradey Dick era in Toronto, dude is so ridiculous I can’t wait to see him ball out in the regular season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

gonna be insanely reactionary and say Raptors should have taken Keyonte George or Jordan Hawkins or Nick Smith Jr. Not sure how he fell to 27

My preference was Cason Wallace, Keyonte George, or Jordan Hawkins. Can't be too mad about them not picking Wallace because we got scooped but the others I wasn't thrilled about passing on.

I hope Gradey proves me wrong but he seems to be struggling so far.