Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Max Christie has made one of the biggest jumps I can remember from year 1 to year 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Castleton is a Great Value Sabonis tell me I’m wrong

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Max Christie has made one of the biggest jumps I can remember from year 1 to year 2.

Podcasts have already been hyping up his 15 pounds on muscle

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Castleton is a Great Value Sabonis tell me I’m wrong

Lol

The Glumslinger posted:

Podcasts have already been hyping up his 15 pounds on muscle

He also allegedly has the famous two inch growth spurt.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Rick posted:

"Jamie Jaquez is the best player in summer league"

lol loving what? Who is paying people to talk up this scrub.

he didn't look bad on monday but it's a bad sign if a 22yo rookie does imo

i assume ESPN's scouting department thinks it's good airtime to spend when he's either going to POR in a big trade or getting 15+ minutes with MIA next season

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stuker posted:

15+ minutes with MIA next season

25+

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Didn’t the Lakers buy the Christie pick? That’s looking pretty good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Calidus posted:

Didn’t the Lakers buy the Christie pick? That’s looking pretty good.

Yeah and some Lakers fans were really mad about it for some reason.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
#8 falling down in such a way that it was a positive defensive play is impressive.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol an offensive flop call please stop this rule.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I guess the idea is to acclimate players to the NBA but all of these games have been over reffed in the California Classic.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

stepped away, but was it related to this? https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-testing-flopping-rules-extra-coachs-challenge-in-2023-summer-league-vote-set-for-july-11/

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

For sure on the flopping call. At least in this game the refs were actively looking to call it to prove a point.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
complaining about watered down FIBA rules. It's not going to stop anything until techs count as personals

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Sixers summer league team being so bad despite Nurse coaching it is funny to me even though I know these things aren't connected.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Keyonte George has had some nasty assists today.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It’s noon and the line to get in wraps around the drat arena already

I’m literally on the opposite side of the arena of the entrance

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

It’s noon and the line to get in wraps around the drat arena already

I’m literally on the opposite side of the arena of the entrance

drat boy, wemby fever

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Dyson Daniels - much more aggressive going to the rim in the half court and came with a bigger bag than he had last Summer League; still not fully comfortable running an offense

Hawkins - played just like he did in college; nothing unexpected here; the better and bigger athletes didn't bother him

Seabron & Matkovich - didn't seem to progress much at all from last Summer League

Liddell - first live game since tearing his ACL last Summer League; moves better than you would think for an undersized big recovering from that injury

everyone else: complete scrubs, so far

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
da bulls baybee

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don’t know what a Hunter Tyson is but I like him

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1677452444287258625?s=20

god drat

andre jackson might have the ugliest shot but he is some athelete. great court vision + passing too.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1677451748972154881?s=20

Painkiller fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 8, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
bulls have absolutely no one remotely promising on this summer league roster lol

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Amen vs Scoot is going to be a lot of fun!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

bulls have absolutely no one remotely promising on this summer league roster lol

Listen, you can't expect to get the 9th seed in the East AND have upcoming prospects. Literally impossible.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Mean Baby posted:

Amen vs Scoot is going to be a lot of fun!

Hell yeah

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Scoot is the PG version of Any, and I'm here for it.

Portland also has a stacked summer league roster

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Lockback posted:

Scoot is the PG version of Any, and I'm here for it.

Portland also has a stacked summer league roster

They are going for the repeat :D

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It’s obvious now Charlotte screwed up

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

It’s obvious now Charlotte screwed up

Its generally a bad idea to pick the 3rd best player in a 2 player draft at #2

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Its generally a bad idea to pick the 3rd best player in a 2 player draft at #2

I still have some hope for Miller but 3 might be kind.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Watching Jabari Smith gives me Brandon Miller vibes

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Portland would be justified to pull Scoot out now. There's nothing to prove here.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Lockback posted:

Portland would be justified to pull Scoot out now. There's nothing to prove here.

Eh Scoot has some stuff to work on for sure. Defense needs work, he settles for pull ups a bit, and there are at least two rotation players he needs to gel with.

But his playmaking is elite. Amen is also awesome, just getting to the paint at will.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Mean Baby posted:

Eh Scoot has some stuff to work on for sure. Defense needs work, he settles for pull ups a bit, and there are at least two rotation players he needs to gel with.

But his playmaking is elite. Amen is also awesome, just getting to the paint at will.

Sure, but at some point I am not sure summer league games help all that much. I guess with smaller guys its not a big deal, you see teams pull big guys frequently if its clear their playing above the game level.

Sharpe is clearly outclassing this game too. Props to Houston for being actually up right now.

Impressed that Amen isn't spooked by the actual talent in competition.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

That's the 2nd amazing pass from Scoot that ended in a foul because the defense couldn't do a drat thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

I still have some hope for Miller but 3 might be kind.

yeah, by the end of my time amateur rear end watching tape on these dudes I had Amen above him.

And I went in wanting and expecting to hate Amen lol.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

Sure, but at some point I am not sure summer league games help all that much. I guess with smaller guys its not a big deal, you see teams pull big guys frequently if its clear their playing above the game level.

Sharpe is clearly outclassing this game too. Props to Houston for being actually up right now.

Impressed that Amen isn't spooked by the actual talent in competition.

Nah, its still useful to get him used to the scheme and terminology

Plus, I think the league would be pissed if they shut him down before they play the Spurs over the weekend

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

yeah, by the end of my time amateur rear end watching tape on these dudes I had Amen above him.

And I went in wanting and expecting to hate Amen lol.

Yeah, and I don't want to overreact to the California Classic but, oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Sharpe might eventually have a Harden-level step back… that is going to be a problem.