Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Has been awhile since I made a thread so I thought we'd start off light. The intention is to share some gaming wisdom, perhaps ranging from a sentence to a paragraph. It could be a haiku or a limerick or even some text from a game but it better have some heros journey written all over it.

My piece of gaming advice is to play the games you really want to play, and then just watch the rest on YouTube or something. There's only so much time in life. You gotta make the gaming happen or you're just going to watch the Gilmore Girls again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dont be a lorelai

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

its okay to play zoomer .io games

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's better to play a few great games than it is to play a lot of good games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

winning is more fun than losing, people that say they "play for fun" are deluding themselves

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Press Z or R twice lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a sick gaming rig.”

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*shrug* IDK. Play what you like, even if you know it would get your rear end roasted. For instance I like feels games, unabashedly, but I also recognize how that opens me up for a clean rear end crit counterattack. The wisdom comes in not only preparing for it, but expecting it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

also Dynasty Warriors has always been good, welcome. you're only 20 years late.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*shrug* IDK. Play what you like, even if you know it would get your rear end roasted. For instance I like feels games, unabashedly, but I also recognize how that opens me up for a clean rear end crit counterattack. The wisdom comes in not only preparing for it, but expecting it.

This, quite frankly. Hell I’ve played and enjoyed almost every single assassins creed game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ify ou don't like one completely indefensible game youre probably a fuckin psycho

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

don't ever grind, because that's work and not fun, which is what all games should be

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I like to loving grind sometimes, alt tab and put some old rear end sitcoms or cartoons on in the background and just crush some levels out. Not always, but sometimes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

I like to loving grind sometimes, alt tab and put some old rear end sitcoms or cartoons on in the background and just crush some levels out. Not always, but sometimes.

Grinding to podcasts or twitch or Simpsons or whatever can be pretty chill.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

this

Grinding Can Be Therapeutic.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sitting down w an arpg and grinding out some drops... thats good gaming

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

this.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

turn off minimaps

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Gaming equivalent to driving home at night in silence after a lovely shift. Sometimes you just want the noise in your head to stop

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I used to hate grinding to the point that I’d drop some really good games if they ever got to the point where I had to grind. Now I’ll happily lose a whole evening putting on some music or a dumb tv show you don’t have to pay much attention to or something and grinding for hours. Very zen.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oddium posted:

turn off minimaps

bold, but i respect it

i'm just terrible w/directions so i need that poo poo

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

JRPGs are greatly improved by battle speed options. These days I don't like my time being wasted. If you're going to make me do thousands of fights then at least make them fast. Going from max velocity DQ11 to the slow Blue Dragon to the even slower Lost Odyssey was very painful. I may never finish them.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
It’s ok to skip cutscenes on your first playthrough.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

It’s ok to skip cutscenes on your first playthrough.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Saving less makes you have more fun unless the game is pure trash.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

turn off minimaps

the less ui the better

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kazvall posted:

or a limerick

a gamer who weighed a thousand pounds
bought all the playstations in town
he said, "now it's time
for some gaming most prime"
but there weren't any games to be found

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mbt posted:

he said, "now it's time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

there was a gamer from nantucket
who bought a computer to gently caress it
those who dared criticize
we're soon shocked and surprised
when he showed a red star and said SUCK IT

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mbt posted:

he said, "now it's time

This sig under renovation

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

he said, "now it's time

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

there was a gamer from nantucket
who bought a computer to gently caress it
those who dared criticize
we're soon shocked and surprised
when he showed a red star and said SUCK IT

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

replaying games is for people who dont have thousand game long backlogs. look up the missable items on gamefaqs if you really feel like 100%ing it for the true ending or whatever

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sometimes it's ok to spam the same attack over and over

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

most games are more miserable if you go for 100% tbh

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Don't worry about game backlogs. Just play what you want to play when you want to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Also basically any game can be fun if you play it with friends, even stupid zoomer streamer games.