Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

heehee posted:

Don't worry about game backlogs. Just play what you want to play when you want to play it.

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Another loss in Dota 2
There's nothing you could loving do
But all these poo poo teams
Share one name it seems
My brother in christ it is you

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

I used to hate grinding to the point that I’d drop some really good games if they ever got to the point where I had to grind. Now I’ll happily lose a whole evening putting on some music or a dumb tv show you don’t have to pay much attention to or something and grinding for hours. Very zen.

Agreed! If you're just grinding and focusing on that, it's work like Drinkslinger said. But if you're listening/watching something else on the side, or chatting with a friend, then it's fine.

heehee posted:

Don't worry about game backlogs. Just play what you want to play when you want to play it.

Also this. Personally, I like trying to whittle away at my backlog here and there, but only if it's something that actually takes my fancy. Definitely focus on playing what you want and when you want - heehee's 100% right

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
people use "you're just completing lists" as a negative in games but sometimes a complete list is satisfying as hell. the bestiary in particular

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

also Dynasty Warriors has always been good, welcome. you're only 20 years late.

this

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Nuggets of Gaming Poop

Martman fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 5, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if a level looks pretty, spoil yourself. Take a break to smell the digital roses. once i played overwatch i came across a stray brigitte clearly taking in ayutthaya just lookin at the statues and i left them alone while the rest of my team screamed at me for flanking as the tank.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Martman posted:

Nuggets of Gaming Poop

Martman hosed around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 5, 2023

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Phone posting is hard

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

also Dynasty Warriors has always been good, welcome. you're only 20 years late.

All the musou games are good especially the ones with slowdown because I am getting old and feeble and need that slow-pause to plan my combos.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lotta big wisdoms itt so far but I can tell the biggest gnosis is coming soon.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

It’s ok to skip cutscenes on your first playthrough.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Enjoy the games you play. Do not show contempt for the games others play.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

herculon posted:

Enjoy the games you play. Do not show contempt for the games others play.

gently caress off.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mbt posted:

replaying games is for people who dont have thousand game long backlogs. look up the missable items on gamefaqs if you really feel like 100%ing it for the true ending or whatever

replaying games is fun.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

gently caress off.

this, pablo shoyld be ashamed of that rear end creed confession

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

people use "you're just completing lists" as a negative in games but sometimes a complete list is satisfying as hell. the bestiary in particular

people say all kinds of stuff. kill them

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Wormskull posted:

gently caress off.

this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

if a level looks pretty, spoil yourself. Take a break to smell the digital roses. once i played overwatch i came across a stray brigitte clearly taking in ayutthaya just lookin at the statues and i left them alone while the rest of my team screamed at me for flanking as the tank.

That was me when I ate mushrooms. Kill that drug addled bitch.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

You should respect NPC's feelings and your compassion will be rewarded a thousandfold

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
It's okay to stop playing a game if you're done with it even if the game thinks you're not done.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you should try out a game called undertale. itll really make you think about how you interact with the medium as a whole.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Peruvian on the team? No wins to be seen

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Da fuq did Peru everdo to you?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Kazvall posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kazvall posted:

Dude... you don't know?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

My loops are entirely out, excuse me.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have my head buried so deeply in the sand that, that.. well, I've been eating a lot of sand :(

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
When you meet two paths
And take the path of no return
Do not reload, move onward

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
im a big believer in finishing a game even if you're not over the moon enjoying it, i have the same mind set with books. going start to finish on a project helps you build your own opinions/confidence in your own thoughts and hopefully makes you wiser in how you approach future pieces of media. it feels kinda dumb writing this out but word of mouth happens so fast in the modern day i take nearly zero stock in what ppl say about something cause more often than not it doesn't represent something fully.

also im trying to be a grind enjoyer to get more out of rpgs, but its still hard to get into it

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

im a big believer in finishing a game even if you're not over the moon enjoying it, i have the same mind set with books. going start to finish on a project helps you build your own opinions/confidence in your own thoughts and hopefully makes you wiser in how you approach future pieces of media. it feels kinda dumb writing this out but word of mouth happens so fast in the modern day i take nearly zero stock in what ppl say about something cause more often than not it doesn't represent something fully.

also im trying to be a grind enjoyer to get more out of rpgs, but its still hard to get into it

/nods slowly

Yes, yes. Other people's opinions are like a finger pointing towards the moon. If you concentrate on the finger you'll miss all that heavenly glory. I learned that by playing dragon: the bruce lee story on sega genesis.

RIP bruce you OG gamer of the mind and body.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Nutmeg posted:

Also no one can go "did you even finish it?" Because yes I did motherfucker that's how I know it's trash. Customers at gamestop trying to tell me god of war is better than dmc3, bitch I played the whole thing and it only got worse.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

trying to jack off posted:

most games are more miserable if you go for 100% tbh

This.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Major Isoor posted:

Agreed! If you're just grinding and focusing on that, it's work like Drinkslinger said. But if you're listening/watching something else on the side, or chatting with a friend, then it's fine.
Yeah I'll agree with this :)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i already don't finish most of the games i enjoy so i'm definitely not going to finish one i don't.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

b_d posted:

i already don't finish most of the games i enjoy so i'm definitely not going to finish one i don't.

Yup.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have an illness that compels me to finish most stuff but I'm getting better

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i always went for the small present in super mario 3d world but i don't know if that's wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i wont finish a game that becomes completely unfun but i think the other part is v true, bcos you absoltuely can make a game unfun for yourself and recognising that so you dont in the future is important. you can play a game wrong. some of the games i like the most and go back to the most often now are games i bounced off of initially, sometimes multiple times.