Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

well-read undead posted:

my dishwasher says it costs 1,200 washbucks to enable the drying cycle

per load

120000 washbucks 149.99 99.99 BEST DEAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
when we bought a new lg washer to replace the lovely shamesung that came with the house we mocked the internet connectivity

but its actually based bc i can do a load of clothes and it tells me when its done. otherwise it goes into the black hole of my working memory never to be seen again

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

whats a good shower head thingy that i can buy from not amazon

i have a water pik but over the last month it has gone downhill very quickly after 15 years of use

i should also check my apts water pressure but it very much seems to be the showerhead itself

just gonna guess the most expensive waterpik is the most correct

Share Bear fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 9, 2023

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

went with this, which is basically what we had but not 15 years old

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

showering with a waterpik sounds like something the previous president would do and then proceed to complain about how modern showers hardly produce any water and it takes forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWWbOqMhdQ

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol the condo needs a new faucet and disposal :homebrew: at least the plumber isn't trying to sell us "smart" versions of those things [which I 100% assume exist]

e: of course

qirex fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 9, 2023

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Share Bear posted:

whats a good shower head thingy that i can buy from not amazon

i have a water pik but over the last month it has gone downhill very quickly after 15 years of use

i should also check my apts water pressure but it very much seems to be the showerhead itself

just gonna guess the most expensive waterpik is the most correct

buy the same thing you would get on amazon but from home depot.

if the shower head worked fine and now its lovely take it apart and make sure you dont have scale build up or other debris in there.

Also in general with any newer shower head you need to make sure you take out the california water restrictor so it actually functions

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I swear by delta h2okinetic showerheads they make the water feel stronger. but my wife doesn’t like them so ymmv.

relatedly if anyone knows a surefire way to stick a handheld shower holder to a polished granite shower tile without drilling into it I would love to know, the best glue I’ve tried lasted about 6 months. silicone caulk does not work, super glue does not work, e6000 doesn’t work, the best one was some generic compound adhesive (has a double syringe applicator) I found at micro center

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
https://www.thistothat.com/ might help if you haven't already tried the suggestions there

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i've hung shower bars with 3m vhb tape, then used silicone around the mounts to prevent water ingress. you're not going to be able to do pullups on it, but so far it's 3+ years with no issues

marine epoxy might also work, but granite is porous, so you might not be able to get it off cleanly later on

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 9, 2023

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

https://www.thistothat.com/ might help if you haven't already tried the suggestions there

thanks but their best suggestion for plastic to glass requires uv curing which I’m not sure how to accomplish with opaque plastic and granite

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Jenny Agutter posted:

I swear by delta h2okinetic showerheads they make the water feel stronger. but my wife doesn’t like them so ymmv.

relatedly if anyone knows a surefire way to stick a handheld shower holder to a polished granite shower tile without drilling into it I would love to know, the best glue I’ve tried lasted about 6 months. silicone caulk does not work, super glue does not work, e6000 doesn’t work, the best one was some generic compound adhesive (has a double syringe applicator) I found at micro center

i've had excellent luck with suction cup stuff tbh. ours doesn't fall down, but even if it did once or twice a year, meh.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The_Franz posted:

i've hung shower bars with 3m vhb tape, then used silicone around the mounts to prevent water ingress. you're not going to be able to do pullups on it, but so far it's 3+ years with no issues

marine epoxy might also work, but granite is porous, so you might not be able to get it off cleanly later on

thanks I’ll look into those!

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Shaggar posted:

buy the same thing you would get on amazon but from home depot.

if the shower head worked fine and now its lovely take it apart and make sure you dont have scale build up or other debris in there.

Also in general with any newer shower head you need to make sure you take out the california water restrictor so it actually functions

eh cleaning it would take materials i dont have on hand and time i dont wanna waste, and the chrome "paint" was peeling off, so the $50 trade off to have something brand new seemed ok

c shower s: very good! the modes are a bit more wonky (9 instead of 4, with a smattering of mixing together nozzles) but like the important one (regular shower) is fine and comfy, recommended

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah if its falling apart just replace it, but definitely make sure u check for and get rid of the water restrictor on the new one

my current one does a mist mode but if you click it one over it does mist + spray and its really freakin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I will be deep in this cold earth before I connect household appliances to the internet or bluetooth

I don't want my motherfucken oven snappin grams. I don't even want my thermostat to be controllable remotely.