Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mediaphage posted:

incorrect

if you tap on it the numbers come up and it’s been this way forever

now there is absolutely a case to be made that apple hides too much poo poo

doesn't work for timers!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

rotor posted:

loving gamer dishwasher, jesus christ

sharknado slashfic posted:

I come from the lepers colony to say: lol

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

oh the last iot coffee maker, ill leave it because I know the kids love to drink the *latest fad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

it is weird how bad the ios clock app is. not quite as bad as e.g. podcasts, but realistically it is one of the most used features by regular people.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Jenny Agutter posted:

fair point, i bet they did it because people get confused with digit timers (this is not an excuse and the option should still be there)

have you filed a comment on it? i actually find stuff i complain about in ios changed or fixed periodically (i assume im not the only one who complains)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I rent in an apartment building so it's all just mid-tier frigidaire appliances throughout. fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, laundry. nothing is smart and nothing ever will be. my fridge does not have an app. my coffee machine is a black and decker my dad gave me when I moved out of the house. my dishwasher does not play a tune when it finishes.

printer shotgun meme dot png

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I wish my Washerdryer would make a noise when it was done, it’s too easy to forget about. it does have some kind of Ethernet port on it though

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
my mother in law bought an 8 thousand dollar bertazzoni heritage series range so that is what we have. it works fine. we also got the matching dishwasher. it's similar to the bosch (stainless tub, three racks, etc) but made by midea. electronics failed within the first year and had to be replaced (under warranty)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

I rent in an apartment building so it's all just mid-tier frigidaire appliances throughout. fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, laundry. nothing is smart and nothing ever will be. my fridge does not have an app. my coffee machine is a black and decker my dad gave me when I moved out of the house. my dishwasher does not play a tune when it finishes.

printer shotgun meme dot png

same being in appt with all dumb poo poo, no fobs or w/e but appliances are closer to low end. brands I’ve never heard of, a Woods fridge and a Crosley stove (coil, which is honestly better than the garbage glass top we had at the last place). it reminds me of a stove I had growing up and is probably as old. we do have some cheapo b&d coffee maker too

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

r u ready to WALK posted:

To be fair all the other tech bullshit appliances have been pretty reliable.
The coffee machine has only crashed twice in 5000 cups!

They initially got their foot in the door with the wifi dishwasher with mood lighting:

I'm very sorry about all this, I know I am part of the problem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Silver Alicorn posted:

I wish my Washerdryer would make a noise when it was done, it’s too easy to forget about. it does have some kind of Ethernet port on it though

fill it with epoxy; don't take any chances

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

fill it with epoxy; don't take any chances

people gonna be showin up here like "i, uh, i tripped and fell and the ethernet cable i was carrying accidentally went into the port and the stove got bricked, what can i do?"

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

rotor posted:

people gonna be showin up here like "i, uh, i tripped and fell and the ethernet cable i was carrying accidentally went into the port and the stove got bricked, what can i do?"

you say that as if they aren't already shipping appliances with unfinished firmware that sets your house on fire if you don't install the day 1 patch

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

if it's not a smart washerdryer it's probably just a diagnostic port

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

you say that as if they aren't already shipping appliances with unfinished firmware that sets your house on fire if you don't install the day 1 patch

you're on thin fuckin ice buddy, not sure i'd be the one making excuses for ridiculous loving smart internet-of-poo poo devices if i were you, mister gaming dishwasher

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

its going to get so much worse
https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/14/23794747/lg-tv-smart-home-appliances-ads-subscriptions-webos

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

“home as a service platform” ughhhhhhhhh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

webos deserved better than this.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

DELETE CASCADE posted:

my mother in law bought an 8 thousand dollar bertazzoni heritage series range so that is what we have. it works fine. we also got the matching dishwasher. it's similar to the bosch (stainless tub, three racks, etc) but made by midea. electronics failed within the first year and had to be replaced (under warranty)

my house came with a bertazzoni gas range. i don't know how many thousands of dollars it cost, but i do know: the oven is a pain in the rear end to light, sometimes taking multiple attempts; the handle on the oven door buzzes; and same handle also has a screw in it, not reachable by normal human hands or tools, that gradually loosens, and must be retightened improvised techniques, lest the handle get all wobbly and presumably eventually fall off

but it heats the food fine so who's to say if it's good or bad

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

definitely don’t buy piece of poo poo electrolux anything

here’s the combo otr microwave and oven (yes it’s dirty i’m cleaning the kitchen atm)

the lights on the bottom don’t work anymore and also the capacitive buttons only respond when the screen isn’t updating so you have to press them between seconds flashing on the countdown if you want to add time lol

you may also notice i’ve had some trouble with the handle that opens the door

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

more like electrosux boom headshot

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

post hole digger posted:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

wait, i still have questions about the lcd screen oven

does it have presets for specific foods that it has stock pictures of?
does it guess what you're baking?
does it display a random food, and it just happened to match what was in there this time?
or is it always just a pizza?????

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

post hole digger posted:

one of many cases of a brand that was supposed to be really good 50 years ago which got sold and bought about ten times since then but still gets enough recognition that slapping it on whatever garbage gets it to sell

like rca or general electric

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

one of many cases of a brand that was supposed to be really good 50 years ago which got sold and bought about ten times since then but still gets enough recognition that slapping it on whatever garbage gets it to sell

yeah i bought it for the feature set rather than the name but that also ended up being a lovely decision and we ended up buying a standalone steam oven later on anyway

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I never buy an appliance without checking consumer reports ratings first but it’s annoying that there’s a new model of everything every year so it still involves some guesswork

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

the issue at the time was that this was pretty much the only residential combo microwave toaster oven

anyway bad purchase i knew i shouldn’t combine functionality lol.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

well-read undead posted:

wait, i still have questions about the lcd screen oven

does it have presets for specific foods that it has stock pictures of?
does it guess what you're baking?
does it display a random food, and it just happened to match what was in there this time?
or is it always just a pizza?????

you have to tell it what you're cooking, it's got a handful of stock photos for each food group.
it came with a temperature probe that i've never used that i think is required when you tell it to cook meat, but i just use the pizza program or manual hot air for everything else

all the buttons are touch sensitive and refuse to register a press half the time. it is kinda baffling how much worse it is than a dumb oven with mechanical knobs.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
touch screens make me so mad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

touch screens make me so mad

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

you have to tell it what you're cooking, it's got a handful of stock photos for each food group.
it came with a temperature probe that i've never used that i think is required when you tell it to cook meat, but i just use the pizza program or manual hot air for everything else

all the buttons are touch sensitive and refuse to register a press half the time. it is kinda baffling how much worse it is than a dumb oven with mechanical knobs.

probes are the best and probably that ovens best feature

shove it in a roast then blast the temp and remove immediately when it hits your target temp

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

im the oven slutt

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

range at our old house had capacitive buttons for the oven controls but the burners were at least knobs. but this was a 2010 model so the buttons were static and a single function on each one. i think this is fine, and we didn't have a single problem with it in the 11 years we lived there.

looking at replacing our gas range with induction and the ones in our budget are worrying.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

ok thank you so much for answering my question, now you better stop posting those pictures before rotor gets mad again

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

well-read undead posted:

ok thank you so much for answering my question, now you better stop posting those pictures before rotor gets mad again

you don’t understand.

rotor is already mad. he’s always mad

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Jenny Agutter posted:

I never buy an appliance without checking consumer reports ratings first but it’s annoying that there’s a new model of everything every year so it still involves some guesswork

i know right? thanks to the magic of capitalism when you buy something these days you have a wide variety of brands to choose from, which inevitably fall within the following categories:

- garbage coasting on reputation from 50 years ago
- 50 different brands with names like "BRVVT" or "XVIIL" that all source cheap crap from the same factory and have wildly different descriptions for the same item that range from half-truths to complete lies, making amazon more useless than at any earlier point in time
- some "barebone" brand designed to both fail exactly seven seconds after the warranty expires and be impossible to repair
- some "luxury" brand which mostly exists for people with more money than taste, with the dumbest features imaginable added year after year to force you to either buy the new version, or otherwise face the embarrassment of using an older product which means you might as well be a toothless hillbilly living in a remote mountain shack
- actual luxury brands that act as status symbols and will never actually be used

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

:confused:

electrolux is the same swedish appliance giant they’ve always been, they just make garbage under their main brand now, no one bought their name or anything

they own a bunch of appliance brands too

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my newish place has one of those siemens dryers that can spray a mist of water/steam on a small number of shirts or whatever as an alternative to ironing for dewrinkling

ive only tried it once and it was just ok, still kinda but not nearly as wrinkled results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rotor posted: