Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Eeyo posted:

i want to get a heat pump drier

I have a miele compact washer dryer set with a heat pump drier and it’s great. runs off of a 115V circuit and it’s ventless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

we also got a retractable drying rack and put it over the bathtub. condo life

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mediaphage posted:

incorrect

if you tap on it the numbers come up and it’s been this way forever

now there is absolutely a case to be made that apple hides too much poo poo

doesn't work for timers!!!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

its going to get so much worse
https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/14/23794747/lg-tv-smart-home-appliances-ads-subscriptions-webos

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I never buy an appliance without checking consumer reports ratings first but it’s annoying that there’s a new model of everything every year so it still involves some guesswork

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I used to swear by the cuisinart 14-cup food processor, the one with the bowl with straight sides , but I’m not sure if the quality is still there. still has a high ranking on consumer reports at least. there are definitely things you can do with a food processor that you can't do with a blender and if I could only have one it would be the processor

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

food processors also generally have a small maximum liquid capacity because of the way they're constructed so you can't puree a whole soup in them

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Glorgnole posted:

I got one of those last year and aside from the color it looks and feels identical to the one my mom got 25 years ago

Yeah look and feel is the same but they had to do a blade recall a few years back and it took like a year to get everyone their replacements, and the plastic seems more brittle (I cracked the lid within a year of owning mine) and replacement parts are crazy expensive and they have several almost identical skus so it's hard to figure out which part you need. maybe they got better in the last few years though

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I swear by delta h2okinetic showerheads they make the water feel stronger. but my wife doesn’t like them so ymmv.

relatedly if anyone knows a surefire way to stick a handheld shower holder to a polished granite shower tile without drilling into it I would love to know, the best glue I’ve tried lasted about 6 months. silicone caulk does not work, super glue does not work, e6000 doesn’t work, the best one was some generic compound adhesive (has a double syringe applicator) I found at micro center

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

https://www.thistothat.com/ might help if you haven't already tried the suggestions there

thanks but their best suggestion for plastic to glass requires uv curing which I’m not sure how to accomplish with opaque plastic and granite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The_Franz posted:

i've hung shower bars with 3m vhb tape, then used silicone around the mounts to prevent water ingress. you're not going to be able to do pullups on it, but so far it's 3+ years with no issues

marine epoxy might also work, but granite is porous, so you might not be able to get it off cleanly later on

thanks I’ll look into those!