Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
All ovens should be convection ovens.

Burnt the hell out of a pizza at a friend's place recently because I tossed it in his oven without thinking and set it at 350 like I normally do at home. Rack was too close to the burner and by the time I checked on it, it was already nuked on the bottom but hadn't even begun to cook on the top. It was my fault because I had a fart brain and was thinking it was like my convection oven where it doesn't matter where the rack is, because when I set the oven to 350 degrees, it's 350 degrees all over.

Seriously, convection ovens are nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I have a Vitamix I use on the regular, and they put out a food processor attachment for it that's been pretty needs suiting when I've used it. The differences between a blender and a food processor have been pretty well covered above though.

Also, I have a confession. Minus my dishwasher, all my appliances are Samsung. In my defense they're all 11 years old though, and aside from a couple of the LED lights on my fridge getting dimmer over the years, I've had 0 issues so far.

If I had to buy new appliances tomorrow though, I would not buy Samsung.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Vitamix and KitchenAid are two of the few remaining appliances where the construction impresses me.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I specifically meant the mixers and left that part out in my post.

I didn't know they had a bad phase. Any idea when that was?