Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have a zojirushi rice cooker and water heater

zojirushi supremacy

can’t imagine living without that water heater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

this mf doesn’t know what the big 3 are lmao

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Cat Face Joe posted:

ive told this story plenty of times but we got a new bosch dishwasher when we bought the house but our countertops are one inch below standard so it didn't fit and now we have some piece of poo poo one that we hate

did you buy this house from hobbits

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i, for one, want to hear more of kernel sanders’ life advice

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

my microwave has a knob to set the time instead of a number pad and it’s very annoying, though it is a minor thrill when you spin the knob to the exact time you want in one go (this rarely happens)

but it does have a 1-minute button and i mostly use that

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

is that... a picture of pizza on a builtin screen?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

its like a backup camera but for your oven

i was trying to decide which would be more pointless: an in-oven camera that displays your food on a tiny screen right above the window where the food is, or a screen that displays a generic version of roughly the kind of food you are making??

then i had to just stop thinking about it before i got too mad

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

loving gamer dishwasher, jesus christ

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

DELETE CASCADE posted:

my mother in law bought an 8 thousand dollar bertazzoni heritage series range so that is what we have. it works fine. we also got the matching dishwasher. it's similar to the bosch (stainless tub, three racks, etc) but made by midea. electronics failed within the first year and had to be replaced (under warranty)

my house came with a bertazzoni gas range. i don't know how many thousands of dollars it cost, but i do know: the oven is a pain in the rear end to light, sometimes taking multiple attempts; the handle on the oven door buzzes; and same handle also has a screw in it, not reachable by normal human hands or tools, that gradually loosens, and must be retightened improvised techniques, lest the handle get all wobbly and presumably eventually fall off

but it heats the food fine so who's to say if it's good or bad

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

wait, i still have questions about the lcd screen oven

does it have presets for specific foods that it has stock pictures of?
does it guess what you're baking?
does it display a random food, and it just happened to match what was in there this time?
or is it always just a pizza?????

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

r u ready to WALK posted:

you have to tell it what you're cooking, it's got a handful of stock photos for each food group.
it came with a temperature probe that i've never used that i think is required when you tell it to cook meat, but i just use the pizza program or manual hot air for everything else

all the buttons are touch sensitive and refuse to register a press half the time. it is kinda baffling how much worse it is than a dumb oven with mechanical knobs.

ok thank you so much for answering my question, now you better stop posting those pictures before rotor gets mad again

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

why would you ever willingly click on a thread about compliance

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

DELETE CASCADE posted:

when you light the oven you need to open the door, light it, then leave the door open for seriously like 30 seconds. i had to actually read the manual to figure this out.

we probably have different handles because that's one of the only real differences with the ~heritage~ line. the normal line is like $3k which is actually reasonable if you demand a 6-burner 36" gas range

yeah i figured out the door thing pretty quick, but even open it’s sometimes a total pain to light. idk, not enough of a pain to pay to replace

i hope u enjoy ur fancy 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔢 door handle

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

yeah whirlpool used to make great appliances, now they make poo poo. your whirlpool you bought 15 years ago will outlast one bought 5 years ago

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor, in europe, fuming about his refrigerator back home :argh:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

do tvs count as appliances in the context of this thread? i’m mad that my 2015 lg oled doesn’t have a standard vesa mount. getting a new tv and i wanted to put that one on the wall in my basement, but the proprietary mount requires an adapter that doesn’t seem to exist in 2023. c’mon lucky goldstar

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

TerminalRaptor posted:

all my appliances are Samsung

get him!!!!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

mediaphage posted:

kitchenaid does not make quality big appliances - dishwasher, fridge, etc. their mixers were bad for a bit - they went to using nylon gears that broke in their mixers (there is an astonishing amount of grease inside one of those) but now they’re good again.

i kinda want to get one of the cute baby 3qt models to leave on the counter

ooh, i didn't realize kitchenaid mixers weren't bad anymore. we have an old one and it's a warhorse, glad to hear if it ever goes out (unlikely) there's a way to reasonably replace it now

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

that's how you get a gamer fridge

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

this casserole is burnt, i must need a firmware update

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i got phished while trying to bake a frozen pizza and now my treasured family recipes are for sale on the dark web

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

my dishwasher says it costs 1,200 washbucks to enable the drying cycle

per load