Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I fell for the whole Bosch/Siemens home-connect smart appliance scam and now I have an oven that likes to crash and reboot in the middle of cooking things.

I miss the old one where you turned a knob and it got hot, and you turned another knob to decide how hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

To be fair all the other tech bullshit appliances have been pretty reliable.
The coffee machine has only crashed twice in 5000 cups!

They initially got their foot in the door with the wifi dishwasher with mood lighting:

I'm very sorry about all this, I know I am part of the problem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

rotor posted:

people gonna be showin up here like "i, uh, i tripped and fell and the ethernet cable i was carrying accidentally went into the port and the stove got bricked, what can i do?"

you say that as if they aren't already shipping appliances with unfinished firmware that sets your house on fire if you don't install the day 1 patch

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

well-read undead posted:

wait, i still have questions about the lcd screen oven

does it have presets for specific foods that it has stock pictures of?
does it guess what you're baking?
does it display a random food, and it just happened to match what was in there this time?
or is it always just a pizza?????

you have to tell it what you're cooking, it's got a handful of stock photos for each food group.
it came with a temperature probe that i've never used that i think is required when you tell it to cook meat, but i just use the pizza program or manual hot air for everything else

all the buttons are touch sensitive and refuse to register a press half the time. it is kinda baffling how much worse it is than a dumb oven with mechanical knobs.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

my whirlpool microwave has been excellent and still works fine after 15 years
my whirlpool dishwasher started leaking all over the floor and got replaced with :rice:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

oh yeah the water dispenser on my samsung fridge conked out after a year and the shelving is a mess
i am just waiting for the ice machine to crap out so i have a good excuse to get rid of it

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My favorite thing about induction is that it is fairly idiot proof. Especially if your cooktop has temperature sensing and shuts itself off if the things you put on it are getting too hot.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTix8V58l8s

stop resisting old man
embrace the horrible future
it beckons to you

[edit]
this started autoplaying right after, telling you never to buy sarnsung or lg which is probably good advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHoODx-mmM

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 30, 2023

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

they patched my oven! maybe it stops crashing now

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

product managers across the world are already racking their brains trying to come up with the next juicero with bing copilot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

showering with a waterpik sounds like something the previous president would do and then proceed to complain about how modern showers hardly produce any water and it takes forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lWWbOqMhdQ