Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mediaphage posted:

yea whats your favourite grit level of towel for after a bath

you probably want to start with 220 for the initial dry, then move up to 400 for that baby smooth skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

my loofah is made from steel wool

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

well yeah but the actual problem they're trying to solve is getting you to buy a new one as often as possible. and i gotta say, samsung's ahead of the pack there

the subtitle of this thread should be "don't buy samsung, never buy samsung"

samsung appliances are the biggest pieces of poo poo around. the last person i know who bought all samsung appliances, because she got a deal on them, replaced them all within a year because the oven and dishwasher would randomly stop working until rebooted (cut the power at the breaker for a few minutes), and the ice maker in the freezer kept jamming up and you had to do some code with the door buttons to manually initiate a defrost cycle

e: and samsung tvs have the slowest, most lag prone interface in the history of user interfaces. every time i use one, the remote buttons often have a delay ranging from about 500ms to several seconds. sony isn't what they used to be in the crt days, but their tvs are still very good and serve well as offline monitors (iirc, you can even put them in "pro mode" that turns off all the apps and other 'smart' bullshit)

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 23, 2023

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

induction really is fantastic. non-induction electric still sucks though, sorry

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mediaphage posted:

lol if you think combustion byproducts in your house are great

that reminds me of my biggest kitchen design pet-peeve: vent hoods that don't vent outside

"but it has a filter…"

yeah, and it's still just blowing the hot, humid air back into the room, minus some coarse particulates. i get that renters don't have a choice, and it's not necessarily easy to install a proper vent hood in an old home not designed for it, but there's no excuse for installing those crappy ones that just blow the air back into the room in a new or renovated home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i've hung shower bars with 3m vhb tape, then used silicone around the mounts to prevent water ingress. you're not going to be able to do pullups on it, but so far it's 3+ years with no issues

marine epoxy might also work, but granite is porous, so you might not be able to get it off cleanly later on

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 9, 2023