Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we have a thread for hating samsung appliances so if they get mentioned here I believe that’s a 6r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

the house i bought six years ago has the best oven ui I’ve ever used and it’s my oven!!!

one selector knob for function, another for temperature

when you set the temperature the leds flash between target and current temp while it’s heating up. and the germans we bought our place from even mounted it at chest height. deutchsland uber alles

we had a different oven but it was f&p and looks like offered similar functionality. anyway I was reading the manual and as an example meal for the function "fan grill" it had a roast... and I was like wtf but I tried it, cooked on bottom of oven with fan grill and drat that's the only way going foward

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

ya convection takes care of all the worst parts of consumer ovens imo, usually the uneven baking and temperatures. plus it also helps dry out the surface of some meats which is a plus

for sure, which is why fan bake is a thing..

but fan grill, or in american "fan broil", never made sense to me to do a big meat roast.. until I tried it and it was such an excellent result

this is not an elaborate hoax I pronise

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
always use a meat thermometer especially if its something like pork that you wanna make sure is definitely cooked

but the fan "broil", and tbc you'd put the meat in the pan on the bottom of the oven, always made for a great finish on the meat but never like, dried out the bottom or whatever, and it wasnt until I did this that I saw the benefit

my mum makes a gravy from the crusted up meat juices on the bottom of the pan lol which this method wouldn't help

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i was gonna say something like "it'll make the whole thing dry!"

tbf if someone had suggested to me to cook a roast like this I'd think they were a moron, and people look at my like one when I tell them to, but it was the manual for the oven I got this idea from, may not have tried it otherwise

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol people look at you like yoi're a moron