Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
dishwasher
fridge
goku
water heater
View Results

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

my oven has spirals on top of it that get hot through the miracle of passing an electric current through a material with high resistivity. same thing for the inside of the oven itself, but the thingies aren't spiral shaped. there are 5 knobs to make things less hot or more hot. last time i thoroughly cleaned it i found a yellowed folded piece of paper taped to the inside of where the knobs are mounted which turned out to be the list of parts and parts numbers, and the full circuit diagram for the whole thing which i imagine is there in case you ever need to repair it with supplies you scavenged from the bombed-out ruins of a radio shack after surviving thermonuclear war with the soviets, which most likely was still a concern at the time it was built

anyways what i'm trying to say is i don't have problems with my oven rebooting and i'm never replacing it unless i'm absolutely forced to

smart appliances are dumb as hell, don't ever get one. You should consider getting an induction stove though. My current house came with one, and it kicks rear end. I like it way more than a traditional electric, and I even like it more than my old gas range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Elder Postsman posted:

looking at replacing our gas range with induction

quoting this snippet to say that induction stoves kick rear end

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I will be deep in this cold earth before I connect household appliances to the internet or bluetooth

I don't want my motherfucken oven snappin grams. I don't even want my thermostat to be controllable remotely.