Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
...You know though, the "Will the corpse still be on a boat" brings up the possibility that if Mercury gets shot and dies, falling off the boat as they do so, that would count as them not being on a boat anymore.

I mean I don't think that will actually happen, but. We will be on a boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
You know what, if we're adding time travel to the mix, we already have the answer: He'd win. What's this based on? Odin said he already has.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

...You know what, I'll take the most ludicrously extreme response to Ez's bet:

Bach absolutely has something to hide. He is actually The Devil, and Ez's mention of Bach potentially being a satanist is hinting at it.

Is there any stronger proof than a single line of text taken out of context?

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Honestly, I think we're still working on the Timeline. Best I can give is that the Mercury suit has to start after Eris 4, since that's where they get the info on the Mandjet, and that when Vels "first met" Kane, they had clearly met him before: Going through things again, as soon as they noticed Kane coming along, they made a point to cover their head and face with their hoodie, implying that Kane would have recognized them if he saw them.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

I mean, we now know that Lock was wearing a wig and apparently Laverna has distinctive silver eyes that were never commented on previously. I assume they normally wore contacts when playing Lock.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Okay yeah, I missed that somehow, that's my bad. Still, surely if Lock also appeared to have distinctive silver eyes, that would have been brought up. That being said, like. It's not actually a big deal that can't be explained just by contacts.

My assumption is that the silver eyes are a distinctive feature not so much of Laverna, but Hermes themselves, and various characters remarking about how they "look familiar" is because most of the identities maintain the eye color and mostly just keep themselves hidden by changing their clothes and complexion. Judging by the fact that they covered up as Vels when meeting Kane though, makes me think there's not actually a huge difference in how Vels and Laverna look, at least.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

...Let's be real here: At this point I'm pretty sure Krish is God. Yes, you read that right. They're just... Too dumb. But also we previously established that Krish is terrible in a fight, and while sure, they were fighting Yi, but they still managed to basically perfectly save Mercury in spite of appearing bad at fighting.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Okay, so the true highlight here was that passing out on the Mandjet was a test to see if they were Thane -- who they actually weren't at that point in time. They only became Thane as a result of being drugged. Great job, Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Mix. posted:

Solution: Kane killed Devon where I planted a camera. If Kane does not learn that and Kane does not suspect me then I can trap Kane because Kane does not trust others.

Unfortunately, this puzzle has been bugged since release and to date has not been patched/fixed at all, so it's impossible to get chips off this one because the game won't accept what's supposed to be the right answer. :eng99:

...My brain feels like asking if you've tried that first sentence the other way around. They both mean the same thing, but maybe that changes things?