Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The fact the containers are set in a tangled mess instead of lined up makes me assume some kind of illegal death match set up. Admittedly I might just have played too many Yakuza games. Or watched too much Kaiji.

Still, interested to see how some of this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I can't help but feel that, considering you already stack a lot of cards on your opponent by ditching your hand at the start, the tossing of the decks is just a bit... over the top? With the cost of the white chips it's already in the territory where Themis could have Bach go "Look, I just have no real money." And Lock go "Well, lucky for you I have this option!"

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
It's a weird section for sure. I'd love to know if it feels more or less different than usual VN pacing from someone whose played it.

Now, crazy conspiracy time (Zodiac Trial spoilers). To control all these factions, you'd need something pretty impressive to break the ice at least. Like a SD card full of super-blackmail. So is this what Mouse does with all their winnings?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
IIRC, Zahhak is the mythological emperor who ends up with a snake growing out of each shoulder who have to be fed brains everyday. At least in some myths. Fitting for his role as Odin has described it.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Junpei posted:

Oh shoot thank you for correcting me, 'preciate it.

Oh, that was in addition to what you said. Wikipedia supports both statements.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
It seems like the back of the decks never changes despite you 'going through them'. It always has Ace as the top card? Does this make it confusing or hard to know how far you are through each arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I'm hoping something happens with Krish because otherwise they feel a bit prematurely pruned from events. Though maybe not in play where the end of Fane route is maybe not so long ago.

I'm going to vote No, Baldera does not use the card. Someone else might though.

I think the story is going to try and hit notes about it being impossible to have a happy ending. Even if it's just because life goes on (or if life doesn't go on, it is rarely a happy thing.)