Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Suits don't understand trolling, like, as a rule. She's genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Well this perspective is quite different than the others so far.

As a note, I'm only now appreciating that every track on the OST is named for a term from some gambling game or another.

Furiten is a hand state in riichi mahjong. If you are one tile away from finishing your hand, but any tile in your hand that would finish that hand is also a tile you've previously discarded this round, that's furiten. It's always bad: if this is the case, you can't call Ron and finish your hand with someone else's discard -- you either draw that last tile yourself or you don't finish it at all.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

BassMug posted:

I think a problem here with the huge number of PCs is that they kind of blend together in my head. It’s hard to write that many protags at once, you know? Like, Olif stands out for being godawful, but at this moment I couldn’t tell you who Mercury was without rereading (the street fighter or the guy getting hunted on a boat?) their entire bit. Some of them have really distinctive voices for good or ill (Laverna being aggressively flairful, Olif sucking hard, “Thane’s” perpetual oh god oh gently caress, Devon’s analytical mind) but the rest feel very similar.

And for most of them, I’d say their setup is really what makes them interesting. Nothing wrong with that, though. I think the Laverna vs Devon thing is interesting as hell, and Fake Thane is a really cool setup.

Mercury is on the boat. He’s the one I’m most interested in at the moment, as it happens!

Really the only two I have mixed up are Lock and Vels. One’s a gambler, one’s a fighter… who was who, again?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I wonder who this “one person” Marduk mentioned is, the one who won’t join the Duats but truly understands his will is. Are they someone we’ve heard of? Are they relevant to the overall story?

Hm.

Also Lara and Thane both being Duat officers raises a number of questions with Mercury’s story…

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yeah, no. Bach doesn’t have a deep secret… at least not one we don’t already know about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’ll go for Art and a different person.