Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Elite posted:

Voting Athen died first.

Killing Athen required multiple stages of setup. Obtaining a waiter disguise, planting a device in the boiler room to shut off the power, manipulating Polly into an argument as a distraction (may have involved stealing someone else’s phone).

So the most likely timeline is the killer does all the necessary set up, then kills Athen. Then they exit, get spotted by Max who’s waiting around outside for some reason and decide to kill him to cover their tracks.

The alternative possibilities don’t seem as likely-
A) Killing a guy outside, then doing a bunch of setup work inside to kill someone else all whilst hoping to hell that nobody spots the dead body outside
B) Doing a bunch of setup work inside, then exiting to kill a guy, then reentering, then finishing the kill setup then exiting again.

Athen also seems more important/influential/powerful so has more of a reason to be specifically targeted.

This makes the most sense to me. Not to mention that Max's murder involved a lot more blood, which potentially would be harder to cover up if he was murdered first. Voting Athen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
I'm sorry, but a purple suit with green stripes? Is he the Joker?

Also, I have a feeling that Panthea is still a warzone. It's just been shoved under the rug and into the shadows instead of open warfare.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
So Kane is the connection between all our viewpoint characters so far, huh? I'm only hoping that there isn't going to be a point where Kane reveals himself to be evil with a catchy musical number.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Well, if Yi really did leave to become an ethics professor, and then came back involved in a gang, then he had to have been up to something for the Duats to get their claws in him. Honestly, I'd say we don't trust Yi at this point. Nothing that we've learned makes him seem trustworthy.

However, I do think Yi does have Krish's best interests in mind. He's fond of Krish, at least. I'm just not sure if that's enough at this point.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
I think it's real. It just doesn't make sense for her to counter-troll considering both her position and what she's been saying. I am a little concerned that she's giving this information to a troll like Olif, but maybe she's desperate to get this info out.