Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

STABASS posted:

Athen died first

I uh, looked up the poem :v:

This seems like the obvious answer given what we know currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Are we taking that challenge, thread?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I don't think that Yi has Krish's best interests in mind. He doesn't have anything against them and if their interests happened to align, he'd be on Krish's side for sure, but if Yi said only one truthful thing during this entire exchange, it's that he looks out for himself first and foremost. If his interests require him to betray Krish, he will betray them.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Staying on the boat seems like a pretty bad idea that will get Mercury killed sooner or later. On the other hand, they're injured now, making it even less likely they'll be able to swim to safety. But getting away somehow should be their number one priority now, so my bet is that Mercury will no longer be on a boat by the end of chapter 3.

Interesting how the bet is phrased though. It clearly says "a boat" instead of "this boat", so if chapter 3 ends with Mercury grabbing a lifeboat and making a break for it, they'll still be on "a boat".

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, my best guess would be that Thane thought Mercury must know more than the guy, so they didn't need the old guy anymore? They might have initially tried to catch Mercury alive, which is how Mercury could escape so far. Not sure what the current plan is, but the gasoline doesn't look too promising.

Still pretty stupid to shoot the old guy. Maybe Thane was really worried he'd escape?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The torture monologue seems a bit too much for fake Thane, unless Thane's story takes place a long time before the boat. I can see fake Thane dropping everything to chase the new intruder though.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The twist is that both Thanes were fake Thanes. The actual Thane died years ago and has since then been replaced by a long string of increasingly less competent idiots who manage to bumble their way into killing the previous Thane. The Duat noticed like five seconds in, but don't care, as it makes things harder to track by the police.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mix. posted:

Over in the corner of the room, there was a little trash bin. I decided to walk over and give it a little look. At the bottom of the bin was a discarded coffee cup.

quote:

'Course, not the whole time. Think I entered a bit after Art left. But I spent a good bit of the day cooped up in here. Left once to use the restroom, then left again shortly after that to get a nice refill on my morning cup o' joe.

I'll tell you, I coulda sworn I had only drunk a sip of it, and next thing ya know, it's empty. Really gotta cut back on the stuff, think I might have a wee problem with it. I blame this one for that.

A-ha!

Clearly the original coffee was drugged, making Herc fall asleep while the laptop was stolen! The thief then flushed the remaining coffee down the toilet to get rid of the evidence!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
So you think the laptop might be hidden under the coffee cup then?

(I do think the coffee cup thing will turn out to have some relation, because otherwise why call attention to it, but I can't really figure out in what way)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
There's also the option that whatever data the thief was after was copied to a USB stick and smuggled out by the suspect who's head can't be scanned, but that leaves the question why they allowed the laptop to be noticed as missing if they didn't need to steal it. Maybe the thief was about to put it back when the theft was noticed?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mix. posted:

Although, I do appreciate the irony of having the detective character break Knox's Tenth.

Well, this is gonna be a problem...

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Junpei posted:

We haven't seen much of either of them, but would you vote for Aija or Bach?

I guess the question is, how bad is the situation in the city right now, and would Bach actually be able to change it for the better? Because right now he comes across as a bit of a naive idealist, who would probably end up getting torn apart between the organized crime syndicate and big corporations running the city. Yeah, Aija is more than likely corrupt, but she is a power in her own right. I'm not convinced that Bach would be able to hold his own in a power struggle. So, probably Aija?

Also, Back's backstory stinks. He just one day up and decided he was going to run for mayor, overthrew his entire life and succeeded to the point where he is considered a credible threat to Aija's rule? With no backing at all, just through the power of his speeches? Yeah, right.

BassMug posted:

I’d vote for Laverna :allears:

Laverna probably wouldn't want the job. Or she'd end up arresting half her staff before the end of the first month.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well, Olif is still insufferable but at least that's some interesting info about the laptop situation and I guess he gets some credit for his willingness to get involved in a way that isn't just shitposting and feeling superior.

He definitely loses points for only just figuring out that the politician, crime syndicate, police and mega-corporation are all working together.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
They totally know, right?

"Hello, good friend Thane! Why, you seem to be doing something that is quite unusual for you! Ah, now you have explained this in a more expected way! Good, good, now let's go see our good friend Lara!"

Meanwhile, Duat grunts in the back are taking bets how long this one will last.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Is this an excuse to stall for time so we don't notice you've actually been replaced with an imposter?

No worries, take your time.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Dad dead, so what?

Devon killed him, he was the first victim of the Cock Robin murders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

ZCKaiser posted:

Also Seth definitely murdered Isa (or at least set him up to be killed), probably on Duat orders.

Yeah, and he's definitely reporting to the Duat right now too.