Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Puzzle kombat was just a lovely version of Super Puzzle Fighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1681334218713104384?t=xuf0QR7NCVs336V1dW-Qjw&s=19

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1681356039764033544?s=20

for those of you who don't know, triplemania is the largest show of mexico's 2nd biggest wrestling promotion, AAA

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Smoking Crow posted:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1681356039764033544?s=20

for those of you who don't know, triplemania is the largest show of mexico's 2nd biggest wrestling promotion, AAA

Wonder which performer's gonna promote it, I think there are a few that'd fit a sorta-MK aesthetic.

... I forget if Super Porky's still active.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

widespread posted:

Wonder which performer's gonna promote it, I think there are a few that'd fit a sorta-MK aesthetic.

... I forget if Super Porky's still active.

i'd guess pentagon jr

super porky is dead

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Smoking Crow posted:

i'd guess pentagon jr

super porky is dead

Oh. :(

But Pentagon Jr is a very solid choice for the promotion.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Puzzle kombat was just a lovely version of Super Puzzle Fighter

Also Sindel's hair was so big it would block the bottom row of tiles.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1681360354880651378?s=20

oh.......

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

:argh: about half of those wrestlers woulda made sick Kameos dammit

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

e: posted before I saw the update

:(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I would pay triple for LA Park DLC in a Mortal Kombat game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This doesn't apply to video games, but SDCC is going to suck this year due to the writers/actors strike.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
They're gonna end up talking about comics at San Diego Comic Con and the market can't handle the attendant disruption.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Turns out Hanzo Hasashi has some really strong feelings about the Red Lanterns

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Johnny Cage announcing his next huge role as Deadpool

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

pretty soft girl posted:

Of all the MKs is Deception competitively the worst? I know MKvDC is really bad too but I'm not familiar with why. People have mined at least some depth and a functional meta out of the rest of the series, even Armageddon if you agree not to use air infinites. Everything about Deception just seems awful and braindead.

I'm not sure, I stopped playing competitively after Deception after a really creepy encounter with a psychopath. I've heard nothing but bad stuff about Armageddon as well though. Even without infinites, it would still have been a shitshow because of the 50/50 problem for starters. I don't know enough about the mechanics of MKvDC to answer that one but I don't think it ever got picked up at competitions like EVO so that should tell you enough.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I don't know enough about the mechanics of MKvDC to answer that one but I don't think it ever got picked up at competitions like EVO so that should tell you enough.

I'm not sure how or even if the meta's developed on that one, but MKvDC Superman at launch could chain his ground pound move into itself for a full-screen infinite.

I think they might've fixed that, but then there was an issue where both Flash and Green Lantern could land 40+% combos off their breaker.

It's an interesting game to check out, since it's a sort of midway point between the 3D era and the more balanced systems of MK9 and onward, but there's no denying MKvDC's pretty well busted.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1681850087738146817

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Wanderer posted:

I think they might've fixed that, but then there was an issue where both Flash and Green Lantern could land 40+% combos off their breaker.

That's the one I was thinking of. I'm willing to tolerate a lot of MK kusoge jank but taking a full combo punish for landing a hit is the worst. Cyrax could do that in MK9 under certain circumstances and it was one of the few things in that wonderful cursed game that truly got me tilted

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1681883423579815937

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

3D glasses... 3D era character?

Orv
May 4, 2011
A Johnny Cage fatality where he appears on Colbert’s late show with someone’s spine as co-guest

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/ThalionFTW/status/1681919864988942347?s=20

Kommunity manager isn't sure if they can stream the SDCC panel lol

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Konquest in Armageddon was a lovely beat-em-up with a bad story. Not as much fun as being dumbass Shujinko.

Yeah the story was really funny and goofy. Also it had tons of side quests to get Koins and unlock stuff. It was cool.

Remember how Deadly Alliance had a Krypt with way, way too many unlockables and sometimes you’d unlock one and it would just be a jump scare? God, Deadly Alliance was terrible.

I honestly don't remember the jump scares in Deadly Alliance's Krypt. I thought that started with MKX.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Im bettin we see Havik revealed tomorrow. Hopefully not as a Kameo though.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zebia posted:

I honestly don't remember the jump scares in Deadly Alliance's Krypt. I thought that started with MKX.

I think you're right there, MK:DA had, I think, the occasional "lol empty!" koffin, though you could often tell, they were deliberately cheap.

Was MKX the most fun Krypt? I enjoyed that one, all with having to collect a few items to help you past parts.

MK9's was horribly confusing and had way too many of Ed Boon's cocktail napkin stick figure fatality sketches.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Considering the JCVD skin, I want there to be a throwaway line where Johnny Cage mentions how this all reminds him of a movie he did where he was an army guy leading a team of martial artists against a terrorist supervillain.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

davidspackage posted:

I think you're right there, MK:DA had, I think, the occasional "lol empty!" koffin, though you could often tell, they were deliberately cheap.

Was MKX the most fun Krypt? I enjoyed that one, all with having to collect a few items to help you past parts.

MK9's was horribly confusing and had way too many of Ed Boon's cocktail napkin stick figure fatality sketches.

Yeah there were empty ones and iirc some stupid jump scares, but it’s been a long time.

I liked 11’s Krypt a lot.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

davidspackage posted:

According to what I heard, the lame MK9 Krypt was because we were stuck on regular old DVDs on Xbox, which is like being on a floppy disk today.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

davidspackage posted:

MK9 I probably enjoyed the most personally, I literally cannot do MKX's Krypt because of the Spider Cave, it's loving infuriating to be scared every single rear end time with Arachnophobia. 11's Krypt felt like a loving joke, the amount of time you have to spend to unlock everything, and even if you get everything, you have to reset it to get the full amount of stuff, not to mention the currency being loving impossible to obtain or you buy it is a giant rear end joke.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Finally, it's Hsu Hao's time to shine!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Diabetic posted:

MK9 I probably enjoyed the most personally, I literally cannot do MKX's Krypt because of the Spider Cave, it's loving infuriating to be scared every single rear end time with Arachnophobia. 11's Krypt felt like a loving joke, the amount of time you have to spend to unlock everything, and even if you get everything, you have to reset it to get the full amount of stuff, not to mention the currency being loving impossible to obtain or you buy it is a giant rear end joke.

Yeah, like I think about what Maximilian Dood had to do just so he could grind out enough currency to unlock everything in the Krypt, and that's just ridiculous for the average person. Could you even buy currency if you didn't want to deal with that poo poo?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sLJ-xyjMQo

Li Mei / Tanya / Baraka. Holy poo poo I can't believe they made Li Mei and Tanya look cool af.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is anyone else trying to figure out how that Li Mei fatality works?

Like, I thought that was small intestine she grabbed, but it was somehow directly connected to the head? Or was it the esophagus, and it is a lot longer than I thought it was?

EDIT: Like, I guess the stomach was burned through just before she punts the head? That is remarkably good timing if so.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 21, 2023

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Li Mei just eating everyone's lunch in that trailer, and to a slightly lesser extent Tanya. Poor Baraka but he's got all that arm-blade action I want.

Also holy poo poo hahaha I can't believe they picked Darrius off of the 3D MK scrapheap even as a kameo fighter.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Tanya's sectional staff shenanigans look fun as hell.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I see we've directly addressed the "is Tanya black" question.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Looks kool to me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Liu Kang, how did you end up turning tarkatans into an infectious disease?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Liu Kang, how did you end up turning tarkatans into an infectious disease?

He’s just that good at loving up!