Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Give me Cyber Bo Rai Cho.

Give him nanobot farts and battery acid puke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's not the same reason why most of the internet likes MK9.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I'm only upset because we ended up with Rhonda Rousey as Sonya and I, too, would like to go back in time.

MK11 let you completely alter Sonya being voice acted by Ronda Rousey and completely change her into Bridgette Wilson circa 1995. So going back in time would erase this and that's lame.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think the only real reason I remember Movado is because he's got the same name as that fancy watch company.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I wonder what the logic was including 2 evil Supermen archetypes, 2 evil MK wizards, a single Kombat Kid and then John fuckin Cena as Peacemaker in the first round of DLK.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

pretty soft girl posted:

Lol that they bothered putting in Darrius just to make him have some of the most boring generic looking moves in the entire game so far

Guess it's true to the source material, the weird hardcore 3d era fans must be thrilled

Did you miss the assist where he helps you beat rear end by letting you spin him around you in circles? Maybe we just have different ideas of what constitutes a boring generic looking move.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

With Darrius making it in as a kameo, there's hope for my boy Kobra.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My bet is that it's just a random White Lotus nobody who gets owned soon after and Boon is 100% trolling.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Reptile has been changed to Mammal? Wtf Liu Kang.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can see Doomslayer potentially being a zoner akin to RoboCop in 11. Switching between his arsenal like RoboCop for attacks and using things like his wrist blade like Rambo does with his knife. Saving the crucible blade for one of his fatalities.

And wtf are they keeping Ash Williams for KP3?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like that Havik doesn't just look like Dollar Store Skeletor now.

And I can already tell the best kombo will be Peacemaker and Stryker.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DeadButDelicious posted:

I'm not calling him Sizoss or Sithoz or whatever Liu Kang called him, he's Reptile.

Fire God Liu Kang is a stupid name, to me he'll always be Human.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rep looked great in MK9. His default skin and his retro palette-swap ninja skin both looked dope as hell. The ninja skin looked especially great combined with his idle stance animations. He was also super fun to play.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I read this in Shao Kahns voice.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

That reminds me of the blind guy who was able to play MKX very competently just by the sounds alone. Respect.

Ya, he was on the base roster for MKX and he's making a return in MK1.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

They're doing random regional special skins again:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izI9gYmjus8

a few of these make me chuckle and I can already tell I'm going to love these pre-pre-fight interactions.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

One of my favorite Jade players from MK11 is maining Li Mei in MK1 and hell, I'm about to do the same. Her air lantern setups look so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnz6HvwVv8I

I have a sneaking suspicion that Frost is going to be a top tier kameo.

Infact, I have a feeling there's going to be 2 maybe 3 really really really good kameos that everyone will have to end up using if they want to be kompetitive and the rest will just end up being funny-that-they-included them jobbers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shujinko?!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:asoiaf:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm pretty tempted to just watch all these story videos and whatever popping up on Youtube in the last like 12 hours but I kind of want to keep things on the downlow until I actually play the game.

Give me the full roster and Kameos though, I'm down for spoiling that for myself all day.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

G-III posted:

Not excited to see Kronika show up again. Shoulda been Shang Tsung from the alternate ending of MK11 aftermath that exists in a parallel universe with its own timeline keeping the OG rivalry between him and Liu Kang alive

I mean it's possible. He has shapeshifting powers after all.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

then use an umbrella you dipshit

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Watching the Kombat Kast I think Rain the Water Wizard is indeed very cool, but maybe it's just me and my bad eyes or just the video but the actual water effects don't look that great. It's like cartoon water.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Perestroika posted:

The ad is pretty dumb, but for me it's exactly the right kind of dumb. Shame they couldn't get the original mortal kombat scream guy to do his thing. :allears:

That said, they certainly can do better. The launch trailer for 11 was the hypest poo poo ever, I hope they'll manage to match that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zwQPJmg-Kg

Ya this ad absolutely owns. The music has to be my favorite thing about it.

Next would be MK11 Kitana. She looks so drat good and I wished she had carried over into MK1 like Liu Kang and Johnny Cage had.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Oof, this ad sucks

*raises fists in the air and shouts*

fuuuuuck yoooouuuu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8V7TwlYCt0

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Missed opportunities are an NRS staple at this stage.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

widespread posted:

Do you think Cole Young got Boon to re-think Hsu Hao

I don't see hao he would have.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If you put them all together like Voltron they assemble to create one enormous Black Dragonzord named Omega Kano.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

and Mokap is just some dude covered in balls

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

It's me, the one unironic Hsu Hao fan in the entire world. Every game I wish for his return and every game Boon laughs at me specifically.

He was in MK11.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Yes I remember his severed head.

Hao could anyone forget?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So far Megan Fox did inside of 2 minutes what Ronda Rousey couldn't manage to do in an entire game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Pot calling the kettle black I know but who was asking for Nitara? Feel like someone at NRS/WB is trying to push her what with her being in the movie and now gets a whole reveal trailer dedicated to her.

Just goes to show that one voice angrily shouting on Twitter for 17 years can make a difference.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Somehow I'm not as stoked on that kameo roster as I thought I would have been.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sockser posted:

Who is that below Kano?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wait until you check out the two to the left of him.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Panderfringe posted:

MK1 EVO champ Megan Fox

I hope her handle is SonicMeganFox.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I mean they look bad mostly because it's on the Switch and that it's just those derpy roster faces.

But on paper the base kameo list sounds dope and in action they look just as dope. It's just that all grouped together like that, I kind of just wish they'd dip more into their wierdos barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

codo27 posted:

Isn't it fuckin wild how there have been pages and pages of discussion about the story of a fighting game? A Mortal Kombat fighting game?

First time in a modern Mortal Kombat thread?