Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Hey, how do I get Talismans in the Invasion mode? I played a bit of it several months ago, and I jumped into it again the other night and found a portal that said if I jump through it, I'd leave the tutorial and there were items I hadn't gotten yet. But I ran around for a good five minutes and couldn't find anything that didn't say Complete on it, so eventually I gave up and went through the portal. Did I miss something super important?

e: also am I being handicapped if I play Scorpion? I saw he's low tier but I really wanna play my favorite old-school MK character. Is he missing a lot of options and stuff? I still haven't quite got my head around the gameflow of MK, so I don't want to build bad habits or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I guess this is maybe a dumb question, but like... what is wrong with this game? I hear people complaining about microtransactions but I don't understand the complaints. I haven't even played that much and I've unlocked a handful of skins for free through the Invasion Mode, and otherwise they're just selling skins and extra DLC characters like every other fighting game, aren't they?

And I dunno what more you'd expect for a single player mode. The story mode was pretty good, petered out at the end with the multiverse poo poo but I did like fighting all the alternate versions on the final battle up to the top of the temple. And Invasions are a pretty good time-waster too, it's a whole huge map of stuff to fight. SF6's World Tour was better, but I didn't think the single-player content was lacking at all considering it's a fighting game. I mean, what else can they give you?

Just curious as to what specifically turns people off here.