Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Regrettable posted:

Ed, you're gonna need to give me my boy Reptile. We can't have 2 games in a row without Reptile, right Ed? Where's my boy Reptile, Ed?

Reptile and Shujinko will be playable characters in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Smoking Crow posted:

it's pure faith

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
MK1 will be good.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like hot babes 💯

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I am not psychologically weak, so I did not having a problem khoosing a variation of a karacter for my playstyle

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Smoking Crow posted:

So I've been playing deadly alliance and Deception and I can't help but notice that the game has such slow forward and back dashes. Is there any way to wavedash or make yourself go faster in some way in those games or is my sneaking suspicion that they're not very good games correct

eff you.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

davidspackage posted:

Didn't everyone?? It was kind of stupid as hell, and really fun. Shujinko going around bring the biggest moron, getting into fights with time-displaced people for no reason, and me just about breaking the controller in half with frustration because I can't get the timing on a combo with two style switches right.

I've tried the Konquest mode in MK Armageddon, but it's so awkward playing with a Wiimote.

remember when shujinko spent like 20 years in prison lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
they somehow made baraka even cooler...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

exquisite tea posted:

I am now pro-bringing back 3D era characters because they're all basically new designs by this point with the added wow factor of making them not look like a total piece of poo poo and pleasing the 3 remaining Darrius holdouts on Earth.

Dairou WILL be back

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

EorayMel posted:

Bring Back Hsu Hao

Yuuuuuuuup Hsu Hao, Kobra, Mavado, and Motaro pls 😎👍💯

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

EorayMel posted:

What if there are 3 dlc packs and the third one has all the remaining 3d era characters

You'd think this, but they WILL be adding Shujinko as soon as they can.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Wanderer posted:

Tanya is in the same club with Jade where she's traditionally been just dark enough that chuds will argue about it.

Now NRS has officially hired black/mixed women to be both characters' face models and the usual suspects are upset.

Hate it when the usual suspect chuds argue over whether Jade or Tanya who is in the same club are black because theyre just dark enough

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think it is fine if a fighting game has dlc characters

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
what grind...? You dont even have to unlock kharacters...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Who gives a krap about that stuff . . .

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Jamesman posted:

People do. Maybe not you, and that's absolutely great that you are not as susceptible to the predatory practices of microtransactions and things like that, but we gotta acknowledge that these things are done because they are effective on those that are vulnerable to these practices.

In the context of MK11, like I said, it felt like there was a structure in place to sell people koins or whatever it was to "skip the grind," but then it was removed at the last minute. I can't prove it, but I do know I gave up on the weekly challenges and doing X amount of fatalities with each character and poo poo like that and never fully unlocked everything because it was just so boring and repetitive to me.

There was similar stuff in MK10, and if I remember right, that actually DID have microtransactions for the in-game currency, right? These games also had additional costume packs and fatalities and stuff that weren't included in the Kombat Pass stuff either. So I'm just saying to be prepared for all kinds of poo poo like this to be loaded into this game.
I dont think asking for $2 for a new way to rip someone's spine out at the end of a videogame match is a predatory marketing practice.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's not even like alternate costumes and fatalities being locked behind a grind is a new thing to the series..... in the past it was a grind AND random chance based on which krypt plot you unlocked with no way to ameliorate it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I feel like Shang Tsung is going to introduce tortured revenant Hanzo scorpion into the story, who will fight Kuai Liang and the Lin Kuei to decide who is the real Scorpion

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

PostNouveau posted:

Liu Kang's like the only elder god now and controls all time? That's him hanging out with the Outworld princess in that released scene though? He's just slumming it for fun?

Liu Kang isnt an elder god, Raiden wasnt an elder god

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

They made Geras and Liu Kang so loving cool...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

khwarezm posted:

I know I'm probably expecting too much from MK compared to other fighting games but why does Geras have such an oppressively dull design and personality. The time and sand gimmick feels like it should open things up to all kinds of cool ideas.

WHAT??!?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
He's a hotep and his moves pause you in time....

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

AndyElusive posted:

With Darrius making it in as a kameo, there's hope for my boy Kobra.

im hype for Mavado

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Why, to create peace, did Liu Kang turn a japanese guy and a white guy into chinese people?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Donnerberg posted:

People are saying the new Scorpion is Kuai Liang, the second Sub-Zero.

Yes, he made a japanese guy into a Chinese person for "stability" . . .?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"Hmmmm how do I improve Raiden.... He wont be white anymore"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Smoking Crow posted:

congratulations to ninjakilla for being the final mk11 evo champion

LETS FUCJING GOO!!!!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
his mouth is just muscle instead of bone now..

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Unbound posted:

Allegedly, Shujinko is going to be a Kameo according to a pretty reputable leak on Reddit

YESSSSS

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

John Romero posted:

having an acid flashback to egm or game informer having a picture of li mei in a preview with the caption “those buggers have to fall out at some point”

it would be so cool if I was dead instead of having a brain that retains that information for 20 years

lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

AndyElusive posted:

Ya, he was on the base roster for MKX and he's making a return in MK1.

lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Single Tight Female posted:

Wtf they look awful

???

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mover posted:

why would they not make the cool hat skin go to kung lao. mods???

Sub Zero would never disrespect the sombrero by throwing it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Kage is the guy from virtua fighter

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Chameleon came out as trans and changed her name to Khameleon

???

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Really stupid and lame that the preorder beta is just non-existent on PC :(

They fear our power

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

PostNouveau posted:

If I were Time/Fire God Liu Kang, I'd just not allow merging realms under any circumstances. None of this cutesy "Ohhhhhhhkay, if you can win TEN tournaments in a row, then you get a little treat"

He's not an elder god

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cant believe they made Reiko badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012