Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Trip report: I dipped into some beers I did not realize were 9.8%, got drunk, botched several entire positions and then fell asleep on my office floor with the light on. 10/10

i'm proud of you if that means anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spacejung would have had at least a dozen insane trades thrown out there by now. I kinda miss that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Spacejung would have had at least a dozen insane trades thrown out there by now. I kinda miss that.

This was not actually an invitation but I appreciate y'all.

gently caress, I just realized I can't be Dallas Sucks this year with Dallas Goedert on my roster!

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Post the insane offers.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Worthleast posted:

Post the insane offers.

They're not even all that bad. Just thought it was funny that I got two offers shortly after that last post.

Although a certain somebody did try to trade me a Cowboy. :mad:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

No loads trades refused

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wrap it in bubble wrap, seal it in a bag, and if you get a phone call saying it leaked and you need to call them, don't call them. They have no proof you were the one who actually sent it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

New team name is Gofftoberfest. I have photoshopped MS Painted Jared Goff's head onto a buxom cartoon German lady but I'm afraid the pic is to small to make it obvious. :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Forgot that ESPN won't let you drop bench players if they have already played. Guess Toney will sit there and rot until Tuesday!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

Forgot that ESPN won't let you drop bench players if they have already played. Guess Toney will sit there and rot until Tuesday!

I'd drop Justyn Ross but he's still a mystery box compared to every other Chief who "played football" today.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Wife is from western NY, so to celebrate the Bills first game tonight I tried my hand making the Buffalo classic "beef on weck." Since you can't easily go out and buy kummelweck rolls around here, these are an improvisation. Traditionally the sandwich is topped with horseradish sauce and jus, but we opted for just the latter. The beef itself came out super tasty, but my difficulty slicing it thin made for a hearty chew. Paired with a cold Labatt Blue, of course.

Enjoy the game!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Wife is from western NY, so to celebrate the Bills first game tonight I tried my hand making the Buffalo classic "beef on weck." Since you can't easily go out and buy kummelweck rolls around here, these are an improvisation. Traditionally the sandwich is topped with horseradish sauce and jus, but we opted for just the latter. The beef itself came out super tasty, but my difficulty slicing it thin made for a hearty chew. Paired with a cold Labatt Blue, of course.

Enjoy the game!

Gooo Billz this whagon etc!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
love beef on weck, that looks great, much better than Josh Allen's stat line, and much, much, much better than Joe Burrow's

also, regarding Aaron Rodgers, lol. lmao, even.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Enjoy the game!

:drat: that looks amazing. Would eat, lfg!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Dunno who was trying to trade me Hunter Henry, but I am in no position to trade RB depth anymore. 😞

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

My team stinks!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gaston Bachelard posted:

My team stinks!

I think you'll bounce back a bit at some point. Would not have expected Chase and AJ Brown to have such lackluster starts.

I banked on a few guys here and its worked out so far? Of course my teams usually collapse like 5-6 weeks in, so I guess we'll see!

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Haha I appreciate it. I’m also a big dummy (and ESPN noob) who picked up Brock for tonight and then didn’t save my lineup once I slotted him in. Truly a learning through failure experience so far lmao

Having a ball tho, and it’s a long season!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm not gonna win this week after getting Mostert bombed but I love that it's still this close with only 1/2 of MNF to go.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm not gonna win this week after getting Mostert bombed but I love that it's still this close with only 1/2 of MNF to go.

I lose my best player for the season, then put up the highest score of anyone this year. And you would've beaten anyone else in the league this week except for me. Craziness.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Haha I appreciate it. I’m also a big dummy (and ESPN noob) who picked up Brock for tonight and then didn’t save my lineup once I slotted him in. Truly a learning through failure experience so far lmao

Having a ball tho, and it’s a long season!

I am also a big dummy and took Moss out of my lineup. I don't remember doing it, and hoo boy did it cost me.

That said, I really don't feel that bad about my team. Weird to say for the last place winless team to say, but I really don't.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

up by 12, my higgins to batb's kicker; how could i lose?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I normally wouldn't bother checking for a couple more weeks but seemed like a lot of players went off.

Pliny the Younghoe Koo is the current high score holder with 136.08 We had a few scores in the 130s last week, and the usual high score on the year is north of 150, and often higher than that, so admittedly that's probably not gonna hold.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

funkybottoms posted:

I assumed I lost and didn't watch that game. I was really confused when I checked this morning.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

Ha, he did me dirty last week. That Pittsburgh scoop and score with a few minutes left in the MNF game won it for him.

He's gods-kissed!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I may be gone but I am always offering you guys a handcuff RB for your WR2 in spirit.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

I may be gone but I am always offering you guys a handcuff RB for your WR2 in spirit.

Usually my WR2s were bad enough I had to consider it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

went out after work on thursday, had some beers with homies, got home feeling great... and then realized that i had left montgomery- whom i'd fully intended to start- on the bench. silver lining is that i lost badly enough that the 32 point difference between him and allgeier just didn't matter.

god, all my teams suck this year. thanks, cincinnati!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If it makes you feel any better, I did exactly that last week with Zack Moss and the difference did cost me the game. Watched the whole Colts game feeling great, lol. :doh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ale division is pretty fuckin' feisty.

Also, of course after I go and post the league high score it gets broken by two teams. Consolation Prize currently holds the crown with a 149.1 bomb delivered to Tyreek Chill Haze last week. Week 4 was all haves vs have nots. The smallest deficit in any match was still 25 points.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ale division is the AFC South

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i'm tanking so i get first pick next season

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Ale division is pretty fuckin' feisty.

Also, of course after I go and post the league high score it gets broken by two teams. Consolation Prize currently holds the crown with a 149.1 bomb delivered to Tyreek Chill Haze last week. Week 4 was all haves vs have nots. The smallest deficit in any match was still 25 points.

Yeah, I could use it this week. Tyreek Chill only got 65 last week. Seven Round Mock just dropped 45 on me from one player. :cry:

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

What’s a Gofftoberfest without its namesake? :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gaston Bachelard posted:

What’s a Gofftoberfest without its namesake? :(

Yeah. :sigh:

He hasn't really done much to separate himself from that mid-range QB clump and the Lions have a bunch of road games and a bye in the next month. I think Love ends up a bottom-end starter in that 10-12 range by the end of the year, but I'm hoping he has more upside.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Consolation Prize and Mock Draught match shaping up like a kaiju battle.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah. :sigh:

He hasn't really done much to separate himself from that mid-range QB clump and the Lions have a bunch of road games and a bye in the next month. I think Love ends up a bottom-end starter in that 10-12 range by the end of the year, but I'm hoping he has more upside.

I hate to triple post but...

God dammit.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Quarterback problems…

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

No quarterback? Not gonna bring me down. Niners are coming up on SNF and it's rib night. Coffee rub on these, low and slow, and that's a Maine Beer Company "Fall" coffee stout in the background. I never feel like I nail food photos, but the ribs themselves came out great nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That looks good.

How's the stout? I need to try more Maine Beer beers.